Announcing the 4th annual Trillium Trophy Trout Event!

Announcing the 4th annual Trillium Trophy Trout Event!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
halibuthitman said:
***cought, cough,... er, this is Bigfoot fish... can't wait to see you up there.. OTF.., so, once again, this IS NOT halibuthitman.. its Bigfoot fish, and just wanted to make sure OTF counted me in... I,ll be arriving around 3 a.m, I,ll be the one dressed in Vietnam era tiger stripe camo and face paint.. the face paint may be poop.. since I will be Hiding...er I mean camping out in the shipooper.. once again, for confirmation... this is bigfoot fish, I hope eggs is there as well It would be nice to get a double.. oh I mean SEE both of you.. I meant see both of you- see you up there, and don't forget your bug spray- Bigfoot fish.... not halibuthitman
Now, THAT is funny shi​poopy, right there! :lol: :clap:

J
jabs67
halibuthitman said:
***cought, cough,... er, this is Bigfoot fish... can't wait to see you up there.. OTF.., so, once again, this IS NOT halibuthitman.. its Bigfoot fish, and just wanted to make sure OTF counted me in... I,ll be arriving around 3 a.m, I,ll be the one dressed in Vietnam era tiger stripe camo and face paint.. the face paint may be poop.. since I will be Hiding...er I mean camping out in the shipooper.. once again, for confirmation... this is bigfoot fish, I hope eggs is there as well It would be nice to get a double.. oh I mean SEE both of you.. I meant see both of you- see you up there, and don't forget your bug spray- Bigfoot fish.... not halibuthitman

LMAO....I about spit my beer all over the place!!!!

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
Oh for cry'n out loud...what's the world coming to..:rolleyes: (all funny especially the highlighted part)

Last edited:
C
ColoradoTroutMan
troutmasta said:
I checked the online campsite reservation site,http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Trillium/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71614&topTabIndex=CampingSpot,
and it looks like it Satuday Night thats booked every where. All the other nights have tons or availabilty.

We can go incognito, all spread out till the last night. Then....BAM......200 people in one sight for one night. :dance:party Like its 1999!:dance:

I just paid attention to this. I assume that means it's first come before the weekend. That being the case I plan on being up there Thursday morning so will grab an open spot unless things change.

T
troutmasta
Its first come in the entire Dam Site Camping area all weekend.
The other campground is resevered camping during the week as well and when I checked then, only the Sat was really booked.
Hope this helps

C
ColoradoTroutMan
troutmasta said:
Its first come in the entire Dam Site Camping area all weekend.
The other campground is resevered camping during the week as well and when I checked then, only the Sat was really booked.
Hope this helps

That shouldn't be too bad then if we have enough people up there during the week. I'll pitch my tent as soon as I can OFF the dam area.

F
fishinmomma
We won't be able to make it this year....School starts for my kids that week and then my husband works all weekend.....have a blast ladies and gents! Can't wait to hear all about the great stories!!

O
OnTheFly
Check out this web page. http://www.reserveamerica.com/camps...rvdate=09/04/2013&sitepage=true&startIdx=25ItIt shows the campsite availability of sites during the time of our event. For the most part, it looks like there will be available spots to camp throughout the campground except for Saturday night. Best case scenario would be that all of us can find a spot at the dam area walk-in sites but there are only 7 sites to choose from. This is stress time for me because I'd like us to be all in one area if possible and I want to do everything I can to make that happen. If some of you prefer a site in the main camp, I suggest you make your reservation now. The ones that plan to camp in the sites at the dam area, you need to help me by letting me know what nights you will be there so I can grab another spot for you if we need to.

So far I've got people for these nights:
Myself...........................Wed..Thur..Fri..Sat
eggs.............................Fri..Sat.
Bigsteel.........................Wed..Thur..Fri..Sat (Nice!)
jimmy...........................Thur..Fri..Sat
JeannaJigs.....................Wed..Thur
Spydey.........................Thur..Fri
Troutmasta...................Wed..Thur..Fri..Sat (right on dude!)
ColoradoTroutMan + 1...Thur..Fri..Sat.

Thanks!:cool:

Last edited:
C
ColoradoTroutMan
OnTheFly said:
Check out this web page. http://www.reserveamerica.com/camps...rvdate=09/04/2013&sitepage=true&startIdx=25ItIt shows the campsite availability of sites during the time of our event. For the most part, it looks like there will be available spots to camp throughout the campground except for Saturday night. Best case scenario would be that all of us can find a spot at the dam area walk-in sites but there are only 7 sites to choose from. This is stress time for me because I'd like us to be all in one area if possible and I want to do everything I can to make that happen. If some of you prefer a site in the main camp, I suggest you make your reservation now. The ones that plan to camp in the sites at the dam area, you need to help me by letting me know what nights you will be there so I can grab another spot for you if we need to.

So far I've got people for these nights:
Myself...........................Wed..Thur..Fri..Sat
eggs.............................Fri..Sat.
Bigsteel.........................Wed..Thur..Fri..Sat (Nice!)
jimmy...........................Thur..Fri..Sat
JeannaJigs.....................Wed..Thur
Spydey.........................Thur..Fri
Troutmasta...................Wed..Thur..Fri..Sat (right on dude!)
ColoradoTroutMan + 1...Thur..Fri..Sat.

Thanks!:cool:

Just picked up my gear today so should be good to go. Pardon my silly question but I have never camped up there. I assume seeing as you mentioned the area by the damn as being "walk up" we will be able to retain those spots Saturday night as well or are those reserved and occupied for the weekend?

O
OnTheFly
ColoradoTroutMan said:
Just picked up my gear today so should be good to go. Pardon my silly question but I have never camped up there. I assume seeing as you mentioned the area by the damn as being "walk up" we will be able to retain those spots Saturday night as well or are those reserved and occupied for the weekend?
These spots (the dam area) are not reservable. So if there is nobody in them, the site is yours. Last year these spots were full by Friday afternoon. As we get closer to the event, we should know more about who and when people will be there and what spots we can pitch a temporary tent on to secure it. This information will be critical for me to grab spots ahead of time so everybody, keep in touch. Remember, only "6" in a campsite. We might get away with more for a given night but that will be up to the camp host. If anybody prefers, there are free spots up the dirt road PAST the dam area campsites.

T - 18 days and counting! More about campsites later......

T
Throbbit _Shane
I'm envious of the people that are able to camp out. Think OTF's Special salsa would almost be worth the trip!! lol :D

H
halibuthitman
Throbbit _Shane said:
I'm envious of the people that are able to camp out. Think OTF's Special salsa would almost be worth the trip!! lol :D
BFF... bigfootfish here again... not hitman... this is definitely BFF, Ive been mixing up a "special salsa" every night for OTF and that eggs cutie, ooooh eggs, will you be my Ned Beatty? .................. see ya up there!!!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
halibuthitman said:
BFF... bigfootfish here again... not hitman... this is definitely BFF, Ive been mixing up a "special salsa" every night for OTF and that eggs cutie, ooooh eggs, will you be my Ned Beatty? .................. see ya up there!!!

hahahahaha!!!

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
omg..that's just wrong. lol. I never thought of Ned the same way after that movie.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Just wanted to point out I am missing the Denver Broncos opening game on the 5th to grace you all with my presence. I don't know if you realize what a HUGE sacrifice that is for me. :D

T
troutmasta
Ya Id hate to miss all that amazing offensive cordination....

I'll take a knee for ya.

H
halibuthitman
Denver still has a team? ahhaahhaahhhaa

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Oh so that's how it's going to be then huh? Alright. :)

L
lilsalmon
sheeeesh....boooooring!!!! :whistle::wall:

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Forgot to ask but are the camping spots by the dam the same cost as the main campground which I believe is $20.00 per night?