Announcing the 4th annual Trillium Trophy Trout Event!

Announcing the 4th annual Trillium Trophy Trout Event!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C
ColoradoTroutMan
OnTheFly said:
All of these patterns work well for the trout at Trillium. The first is a Peacock Carey Special tied with a peacock body, copper wire rib, and a pheasant back feather for the tail and hackle. The second is an Olive Crystal bugger,tied with a peacock herl body, olive marabou feather tips for the tail, palmered olive hen hackle, and pearl flash in the tail and rib. Both are weighted. Similar Buggers tied black are effective too.. The third is a Bud Light Special. A pattern that is a combination of the two, designed by eggs and tied by me after drinking Bud Lights one night around the campfire.

Flies002-1.jpg

Flies001-1.jpg

BudLightSpecial004.jpg

I have really gotta start learning how to tie flies. I have yet to be able to find a Carey Special anywhere.

T
troutmasta
Well considering:
The forum made the fisherman I am today.
I caught my first fish on thy fly at Trillium.
I love Hood.
Its way overdue....

I'll be there!

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
troutmasta
Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
L
lilsalmon
troutmasta said:
I checked the online campsite reservation site,http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Trillium/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71614&topTabIndex=CampingSpot,
and it looks like it Satuday Night thats booked every where. All the other nights have tons or availabilty.

We can go incognito, all spread out till the last night. Then....BAM......200 people in one sight for one night. :dance:party Like its 1999!:dance:

Now there's a plan.....Eggs will bring the redbull

J
jabs67
Whoop!Whoop! We will be there for sure!!!! The stocking sched. says 250 trophy 8/26. Wahoooooooo

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly
E
eggs
RedBull and Fireball kinda trip huh?

T
TTFishon
GraphiteZen said:
:dance::dance::dance::dance: WHO'S BRINGING THE REDBULL??!?!?

Redbull sucks! NOS is the good stuff. 256 mg caffeine and tastes good. lol

T
TTFishon
I might go if I can catch a ride with someone.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
Redbull sucks! NOS is the good stuff. 256 mg caffeine and tastes good. lol

Actually, I'm hoping Barb comes and brings another case of Monster for me to finish off.

O
OnTheFly
ColoradoTroutMan said:
I have really gotta start learning how to tie flies. I have yet to be able to find a Carey Special anywhere.
No worries. Make sure you stock up on olive and black crystal buggers in # 10 and maybe pick up a few similar looking soft hackles like Partridge and Green or Partridge and Red. I'm bringing my fly materials to camp and I'll be tying up some Carey's too.

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
OnTheFly said:
Should we take the chance and keep with the schedule or should we postpone to the following week? Would changing the dates at this point foul up anyone's planned time Off?:think::think:
Soooooo...I guess it's a go and not postponing. T minus 35 days and counting!

T
troutmasta
Im stoked!
Im going to get up early and try to snag a first come spot, if I bring any fellow anglers we can grab two and pass one OFF to fellow fisherfolk.

I just thought of two much fun stuff to type. Oh boy.

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:
I might go if I can catch a ride with someone.

There will be plenty of rides...you should go

O
OnTheFly
troutmasta said:
Im stoked!
Im going to get up early and try to snag a first come spot, if I bring any fellow anglers we can grab two and pass one OFF to fellow fisherfolk.

I just thought of two much fun stuff to type. Oh boy.
That's great! What day will you be there? if I didn't need the money I'd arrive on Tuesday like last year but Wednesday morning is when you'll see me there.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I will be there unless the earth opens up and swallows the lake! :shock: Still not sure which day or how long, but I will either sleep in the van or maybe do some teepee creeping...to share a tent...;) :lol: I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those tents to attach to the van...anyone ever try one?

T
troutmasta
OnTheFly said:
That's great! What day will you be there? if I didn't need the money I'd arrive on Tuesday like last year but Wednesday morning is when you'll see me there.

Im aiming for Wednesday as well.
Im a camp-a-holic so It should be a fun 4 days.

O
OnTheFly
Raincatcher said:
I will be there unless the earth opens up and swallows the lake! :shock: Still not sure which day or how long, but I will either sleep in the van or maybe do some teepee creeping...to share a tent...;) :lol: I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those tents to attach to the van...anyone ever try one?
Hey Barb, I've got a tent and an air mattress you can use if you like.:think:

J
JeannaJigs
Hope the dates are not changed, ill be too busy getting ready for the 3 day in Seattle after that :(

B
bigsteel
im in