Announcing the 4th annual Trillium Trophy Trout Event!

Announcing the 4th annual Trillium Trophy Trout Event!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O
OnTheFly
Yes. The dam area spots are $20.00/night just like in the main camp. IMO they should be cheaper because there is no running water...just say'n. As of now, you will be able to find available sites in the main camp every night except Saturday. If we can establish a few sites at the dam we should be able to have room for our group.

W
waco
I wish I could go!!!! I know it's going to be so much fun!!!

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Thank you again for the information. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
A word of warning to those who's campsite may be around my tent. My snoring has been known to frighten small children and keep those in adjoining rooms aware for hours.

You have been duly notified.

J
JeannaJigs
Sending you a PM Jim...I'm terribly sorry but I can't make it this year.

O
OnTheFly
In the words of Howard Dean..EEEEeeeeeAHhhhhhhhhhh...Only a few more days until GO time! I am spending most of the day getting getting the trailer ready, cutting up some cordwood and taking inventory on my fishing supplies. I've got a few more flies to tie up also. ODFW dumped the last load of the Trophy fish into Trillium this week. http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/trout_stocking_schedules/2013/Northwest.pdf It will take a few days for them to acclimate then it's game on! The only difference this year from last is the annual allotted larger fish were distributed evenly throughout the season at around 250 fish per load rather than 700 to 1000 at the end of August. Being the killer fishermen we are, I'm sure we'll find them.

A word about camping. The camp hosts are great and willing to work with us. As I mentioned earlier, we will not be able to pile onto one site like last year. If anyone needs me to secure a campsite for you let me know and I'll try to work something out. Upon my arrival Wednesday morning and up until Friday, I will phone my wife Carrie with information on campsites and she will post it here. She will be up there Friday night.

T
TimberTodd
I will be arriving Thursday morning around 7:00 - 8:00 (red Toyota 4x4 with the trailer and toon). If you could secure a spot for me that would be great. Anyone who arrives later is more than welcome in my site. You will be the one closest to Coloradotroutman though. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

N
ninja2010
does anyone who's going to be at trillium this weekend have an arrow i can borrow? nothing fancy, just a 29"-31" with 3 fletchings.

i'd like to test out my slingbow... :cool:

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
ninja2010 said:
does anyone who's going to be at trillium this weekend have an arrow i can borrow? nothing fancy, just a 29"-31" with 3 fletchings.

i'd like to test out my slingbow... :cool:
ur....umm..Jimmy....we're after trout not carp.

T
troutmasta
Oooohhhhhh bbbbbbooooooyyyyyyyyy!

J
JeannaJigs
OnTheFly said:
ur....umm..Jimmy....we're after trout not carp.

Oh snap.

I so wish I was going. I will be putting miles on my shoes to break a couple new pairs in for 3 weeks from now. If Trillium was closer I'd at least make it up for a day.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Oh snap.

I so wish I was going. I will be putting miles on my shoes to break a couple new pairs in for 3 weeks from now. If Trillium was closer I'd at least make it up for a day.

Break some pairs in at Trillium! I'll hike with you!

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
Break some pairs in at Trillium! I'll hike with you!

No can do. It just wouldn't happen, too much fishing. I have much more to do than just hiking and I have less than 3 weeks to do it. It's just too far of a drive and I don't have time to make my boat fishable right now.

S
Spydeyrch
To All,

Sorry to announce that I will not be making it this year to the Trillium event this week. I had promised that I would take my children camping during the summer, and although we went as a family, they wanted to go with just dad. So I will be taking my two oldest with me camping. I thought about taking them out to the gathering but realized that I might pay more attention to the fishing and the gathering than spend time and focus on them. I don’t want to do that to them. So I am not going to be at the event.

I wish you all well, good luck, tight lines, and catch a bunch of fish. Take a ton of pics too.

Hopefully I will be there next year.

Take care.

-Spydey

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Bad news on my end all. Had a issue pop up at work and will be unable to attend as I planned.

My apologies and I hope to make it up next year.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good news! Rose and I are throwing together last minute plans to make it sometime Wednesday! :dance: I'm waiting on her phone call right now, but, we are both excited! I will be using Autofisher's pontoon and bringing my fly gear for on the spot lessons...:D

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
As a side note, I will NOT be wearing my moderator hat at this event...that is all. :D

troutdude
troutdude
Spydeyrch said:
To All,

Sorry to announce that I will not be making it this year to the Trillium event this week. I had promised that I would take my children camping during the summer, and although we went as a family, they wanted to go with just dad. So I will be taking my two oldest with me camping. I thought about taking them out to the gathering but realized that I might pay more attention to the fishing and the gathering than spend time and focus on them. I don’t want to do that to them. So I am not going to be at the event.

I wish you all well, good luck, tight lines, and catch a bunch of fish. Take a ton of pics too.

Hopefully I will be there next year.

Take care.

-Spydey

You da man Spydey. Your kids--and spending time with them--are way more important!

J
jimmy
I hear there's rain on the way, just wanted to say I'm still in.....

canoe get's dropped on the truck tomorrow afternoon and I plan on leaving dark thirty wed. morning. unless I get jumpy and boogy out tomorrow............

Otherwise I'll be there thurs. morning bright and early in a green/red canoe with stainless caps on each end and a tiki torch burning out the back. . . . (seriously)

see yall on the water.

O
OnTheFly
I will be leaving tomorrow morning Wednesday. I guess we'll sort out the camping as we go.

I have not heard from 1 nut in the water or NW Discer. Hope you guys still plan on coming.

jimmy is right about the rain but it looks more like we'll just be dodging showers and lightning bolts. No biggy.

I'm thinking the cooler temperatures might get the fish more active. That's a good thing.

The loss of one of my toon boats will not compromise my fishing as I will be casting from my float tube. My other pontoon boat will be available to anyone who wants to use it through Friday. Carrie's gunna use it Saturday and Sunday.

My wife Carrie will get on the forum and inform you of what is going on until she arrives on Friday.

Anyhoot, I gotta pack a few more items then I'll be back later tonight then briefly Wednesday morning.