Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C
ChezJfrey
Oh, and even though I wasn't there, I pronounce Kim as the winner...those are some nice trout!

T
Throbbit _Shane
eggs said:
she looked like a pro in that float tube! i thought for sure she was going to be pinned next to the lilly pads on sunday due to the wind and next thing i know she is on the other side of the lake kicking against the wind, i could barely hold my ground a few times due to the wind.

She's a trooper! I know I couldn't sit in a float tube for as long as she was lol.

N
ninja2010
just realized i had a couple more photos on my phone, so here ya go...

mt hood peeking through the clouds, with waco in the foreground wondering why the guy on the dock is flinging powerbait...

-D3D2-49C3-8AB0-E1F16EA21BD8-1832-000000F29DBA1544.jpg

wide shot with several OFFers in action... each "blob" on the water is an OFFer...

-BD80-43E6-AE50-8F0EFDEB6306-1832-000000F2CC1012BE.jpg

S
SeanC
eggs said:
she looked like a pro in that float tube! i thought for sure she was going to be pinned next to the lilly pads on sunday due to the wind and next thing i know she is on the other side of the lake kicking against the wind, i could barely hold my ground a few times due to the wind.

Ya, I am pretty proud of her. But she will do anything to fish. Lol

S
SeanC
troutdude said:
Hey Sean; how did you and Shannon do against the trout?

We did ok, just need to get used to using flies. I might have to try my hand with a fly rod one day soon.

W
wozniasm
OnTheFly said:
Hey, somehow I ended up with the remnants of a bottle of Wild Turkey and Honey. Carrie said it was left on the table so she picked it up. Can't believe someone would just leave such a thing.

;)

Picked up another bottle after work to ease the edge of a 12 hour day dealing with an FDA audit - Day 1 complete; Days to go..... Unknown.
I know the auditors brought up my name during the documents they reviewed today so I should be answering questions in the next day or two...:pray:

Have a hit on me!

Reactions: waco
G
GDBrown
I had so much fun I'm going back for more in the morning @ :00 Dark :30........

This time I will take my camera and use it!

GD

G
GDBrown
As promised.....

TrilliumLake-3.jpg

TrilliumTrophy.jpg

Only one fish today but it was nice! There was hardly anyone on the lake today and even less after the wind really started to blow! You could really see and smell all the smoke......

This fish photo is deceptive because the rope was 3/8", not my usual stringer rope, it was 15 1/2 inches long and very plump!

GD

Last edited:
E
eggs
Nice fishy!

O
OnTheFly
Nice Gene! Probably a little different being up there without the gang.

Reactions: eggs
W
wozniasm
Outstanding Gene!:clap::clap::clap:

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Gonna head up again this weekend and see if my luck improves.

J
jabs67
Nice!!!! Might head up there this weekend.

troutdude
troutdude
SeanC said:
We did ok, just need to get used to using flies. I might have to try my hand with a fly rod one day soon.

I'm glad you didn't get skunked.

I've had LOTS of success, using a spin rod, float and a fly (or small split shot and a fly, to go sub surface). If you'd like some tips, with that method, just let me know (PM would be best, so we don't sidetrack this thread).

Tight lines,

TD

O
OnTheFly
Sean, anytime you want to take a stab at fly fishing just let me or someone from last weeks event know and we'll set you up. I got Ninja into it two years ago and he never looked back.

S
SeanC
OnTheFly said:
Sean, anytime you want to take a stab at fly fishing just let me or someone from last weeks event know and we'll set you up. I got Ninja into it two years ago and he never looked back.

I would love to. But I gotta save up for a fly rod first and school starts at end of month.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Here's a video of Gene catching a trophy trout. Also got some video of a osprey catching a trout too!

G
GDBrown
Shane,

Thanks for posting the video.... I realized that every time I reached with the net a little more line fed out from the reel so he was getting farther away with each stab! I ended with four trophys for the time I spent on the water.....

Thanks to all who made the time worth while..

GD

O
OnTheFly
That would be worthy to put in the recent trout and bent rods thread. Gene, you need to 'milk the fish' to get it into the net the first time.:D;)

O
OutdoorDad
It was a great weekend!

DSC_9323.jpg DSC_9326.jpg mounthood2012-09a.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not sure who's who in the photos, yet. Maybe by next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly