Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O
OnTheFly
For those of you that have gone before, then you already know what to expect and are probably already thinking about it. If this event is new to you, then I highly suggest you consider attending. We will be targeting the 1000 or so trophy size trout that get dumped into Trillium Lake every year around the Labor Day weekend. After the holiday, the campground is virtually empty and the 17 to 20” rainbows will still be there for the taking. All fishing methods are encouraged and our goal will be an all out OFF member effort to fish out the lake. The purpose of this event is simply to meet other members and a chance to catch some decent size fish. The time period covers a six day stretch from Tuesday September 4th to Sunday September 9th. You can camp all or part of that time or just come up for a day trip. Personally, I plan to get there Tuesday or no later than Wednesday the 5th and stay until Sunday.

If you are unfamiliar with Trillium Lake and the campgrounds, look through the websites I’ve listed below. The campgrounds are not reservable after Labor Day but trust me, it’s virtually a ghost town that time of year so don’t worry about not getting a site. If you bring a boat remember no motors allowed. They can’t even be attached to the boat. That includes electric motors as well. Although having a floating device is better, there is plenty of bank access all around the lake too. Good places for that are at the dam and the fishing dock.

There will be no potluck or gift exchange but a group gathering Saturday night might be cool. Maybe we could pitch in for a nights use for an available double site or something.

TrilliumOFFEvent2011024.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Oh. Hell. Yes!! :D

H
Homebrewmike
Sounds cool!

W
wozniasm
Raincatcher said:
Oh. Hell. Yes!! :D

I'll be there definitely! Great time and company!
Looks like I gotta get a new bottle of Wild Turkey liquer with honey to bring up.....

RC - PM coming soon!

W
wozniasm
How about a pot luck this year?

Ooops! Didn't see the no pot luck comment. Way tooooo pumped!

Last edited:
E
eggs
I get back from Korea on the 8th.... my time will be all screwed up... don't think I will make it...

brandon4455
brandon4455
j

Last edited:
W
wozniasm
C'mon Eggs, you can sleep at the campsite or in you're float tube!
We''l wake you when you get one on the line!

Brandon; Hope you change your mind and can make it!

Reactions: eggs
J
JeannaJigs
Fo sho. Was wondering when this thread would pop up. I put in the pto request six months ago, so no calling into work at 3 am with "explosive diarrhea" this time LOL. I'll be up a couple nights. I'd be interested in sharing a site with someone as I just sleep in my jeep.

E
eggs
wozniasm said:
C'mon Eggs, you can sleep at the campsite or in you're float tube!
We''l wake you when you get one on the line!

Brandon; Hope you change your mind and can make it!

I will be 16 hours off..... I might try to make a Sunday appearance..

W
wozniasm
JeannaJigs said:
Fo sho. Was wondering when this thread would pop up. I put in the pto request six months ago, so no calling into work at 3 am with "explosive diarrhea" this time LOL. I'll be up a couple nights. I'd be interested in sharing a site with someone as I just sleep in my jeep.

Trying to get the 5th - 7th OFF.
I'll have room if you're interested. Possibly RainCatcher will be camping with me as well if she accepts my OFFer.

S
Spydeyrch
Dang-it!!!! :doh: My wife is expecting the first part of october. And leaving her with 3 kids and 1 month to go for our fourth just doesn't seem to be the fatherly/husband thing to do. I probably won't be there this year (wasn't there last year either!! hahaha, but the year before I was there but just didn't introduce myself. hahahaha) If I show up it will be because my wife was blessed with an angels heart and took pity on me. :D

Good luck everyone!!

-Spydey

L
lilsalmon
I will be there, so far as I know. Not sure on the days tho.

S
steel Head
count me in friday night

T
TTFishon
I'm considering it.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
I absolutely plan on being there. Don't know if I will be camping or not but will make an appearance or two if not.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I might be attending. Depending on whats going on around that time.

O
OnTheFly
As expected, a positive response so far. If anyone has any questions just ask. As we get closer to this, all the rough edges will be fine sanded so everyone will have a clear idea how these trips play out. And Shane, the only thing going on at that time will be applying cream on the sore spots these fish give you.:D

J
JeannaJigs
I have to get revenge on that beast that broke me off just at dark the night i went home. It's on. Like donkey kong. DAVE...NO PUTTING FISH GUTS IN MY DOGS FOOD THIS TIME.

W
waco
No way i'm going! Fishing with Jim is borin!! :D