5th annual Trillium trophy trip is a go!

5th annual Trillium trophy trip is a go!

• I'll have to pass and miss out this year.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • We can make it for a day of fishing but not camping.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I think we'll camp for at least a night or two.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 5 days of trophy fish and Lies around the fire, count me in!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
O
OnTheFly
troutmasta said:
Looks like we have some turnout! I'm getting excited! Jim will you make it?
If nothing weird happens I should be there that Friday.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
We would love to attend but unfortunately the Siuslaw Chinook Circus starts for us that week...cheers, roger

M
montym
Gaaah, finally I have to say it. I had a camping trip booked there on the same weekend, but then buoy 10, Lost Lake and Odell lake got lined up the next 3 weekends and I actually cancelled my booking a couple of weeks ago. With a loss of a good few dollars. This has really been bugging me since I saw the first post, had to get this scream out of the way. Life permitting, I will try to make it for a day on Saturday or Sunday. If you suddenly find that you need any thing to be brought for the get together, give me a buzz at 503 267 0466 on that weekend; no promises but I will try. If I am around in Oregon this time next year, I really hope I will be as after living in 4 different countries in last 10 years this is the place I have liked the most most; I will make it.

Cheers
M

H
handmethewrench
Oh man! we were already going the 2nd/3rd and I am bring my new fly rod to fish it for only the second time....maybe I will find some folks there on the 3rd. If you see someone throwing a fly around and getting tangled, come say hi.

T
troutmasta
I'll be there the third. I'll post more details soon.

H
handmethewrench
troutmasta said:
I'll be there the third. I'll post more details soon.

awesome!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm so bummed. I won't be able to make it this year. Gotta do the grown-up, responsibility thing. You guys and gals have fun and take lots of pics for us.

N
ninja2010
troutmasta said:
Ninja??

Mecca Jimmy?

see you guys there on Friday (and to quote otf - IF nothing weird happens...)

J
JeannaJigs
I might make an appearance Saturday but it's up in the air I'll be in Lincoln City thursday/Friday and can't back out of the reservation

T
troutmasta
Jeanna we better see you for one night at least

B
bagold53
Troutmasta - tried to send this to u through PM said you over your size limit and need to reduce the ones upi have.

I am coming out on Thurs and plan to stay until Sat. Should I grab a reserveable spot of just hit up the Non reserve spots?

I also would like to know besides wood is there anything I can bring?

Thanks
Ben

T
troutmasta
bagold53 said:
Troutmasta - tried to send this to u through PM said you over your size limit and need to reduce the ones upi have.

I am coming out on Thurs and plan to stay until Sat. Should I grab a reserveable spot of just hit up the Non reserve spots?

I also would like to know besides wood is there anything I can bring?

Thanks
Ben
Ya I need to clean my inbox out.

The plan at this point is to nab a couple of the nonreserve spots near the dam. The spot we got last year was pretty large and we were able to fit quite a few tents. I'll be there wednesday and will post that night what the situation is.

Firewood is super helpfull, I'm bringing a good bit but not as much as Jim has brought in the past. Other than firewood, probably RedBull because we have a tendancy of laughing around the fire till the wee hours of the morning.

See you up there,
Jeff

T
troutmasta
wjgfbo.jpg

I will post on Wednesday night from Trillium on the conditions and campspot availability! Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!

Jeff

C
CoastalMoe
A bit far of a drive at the moment, but I will sure do my best to join you guys n gals for next years event...

I can't wait to watch the daily updates and pictures...

Hoping you have a great event guaranting a 6th annual...

J
JeannaJigs
If I can make it, it will be Friday night, boats out of comission so not much chance of fishing...but I'll get my campfire on lol. Ava too.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Looks like I'm a day trip Friday. I'll be in the Green tube with orange nose and a camo life vest.

L
lilsalmon
I still have a slow leaking bladder....actually OFF Saturday but I doubt I will be there. :frown-new: This is the first one that I will miss. Hope the bees and hornets aren't still at the site. You all have a great time.

T
troutmasta
Okay everyone, Im loading the car right now and waiting for the wife to get OFF work, then Im outta here. I'm still shooting for a couple spots on the dam and I will update when I get thier. My wife is dropping me OFF then taking the car back to town till she arrives Saturday so I can't have you look for that. I will make a sign and I have a cooler that looks like a bobber I will leave near the road to Identify our spot.

Got the bug chucker, tied up some olive wooly buggers a couple stimulators and a lot of beer. can't wait to see some new faces.

Bring bug spray, last year there were some yellow jackets, but we eliminated them.

I think the mass of people, including my in-laws, will be this weekend.

Finally, Just to spice it up a tad, the angler with the largest trophy fish on a Saturday gets a Ribeye baked potato dinner, cooked at the fire, on me! (gotta be retained, or a real convincing pick,)

Cheers all! See you on the Mountain!!!

T
troutmasta
OK folks-
I got the same spot as last year, spot 62 on the dam. This site is BIG. Last year we stretched the rules and stacked it with people and from the first encounter with Joy, the camp host, it will be no problem again. There is plenty of availability elsewhere if you need some space also.

Jim I hope I get a request to save 'your' rv spot. If so...done.

Spot 62, there's a giant bobber at the top of the stairs. Come on down.
Its gonna be OFF the hook!!

T
troutmasta
8599a2efc9939b652bb276078b1676a4.jpg2e43da8721a92c4b0ff7e9b2486225a7.jpge9c32ea711ff13a6674549614a6457c4.jpg