5th annual Trillium trophy trip is a go!

5th annual Trillium trophy trip is a go!

• I'll have to pass and miss out this year.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • We can make it for a day of fishing but not camping.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I think we'll camp for at least a night or two.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 5 days of trophy fish and Lies around the fire, count me in!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
T
troutmasta
Getting ready to hit the sack.

Just a heads up. Hwy 26 will be closed at government camp from 5:00-6:30 so plan around that if your coming up tomorrow.
Awesome fishing this evening. Lost one trophy. See everyone soon

C
ColoradoTroutMan
I got bumped to a Saturday day trip so I'll look for you all then.

T
troutmasta
Flash back pheasant tail... just a thought.

O
OnTheFly
I will be fulfilling a promise to teach an old friend how to fly fish at Trillium Lake on Saturday. I'll miss Friday night campfire but I will be on the water by 8:30 Saturday morning. Sorry guys this is the best I can do this year. Thanks for stepping up and covering for this event Jeff!:thumb:

T
troutmasta
Wow! Just got back from an evening float. Went with Bagold, belly boat for me pontoon for him, and we picked multipule fish on top water plus a nice 14 in fish I picked up on a dropper pheasant tail. Having drinks at the fire right now. Can't wait to see some folks this weekend!!

T
troutmasta
Brandon are you still coming with your dad? Jeanna?

T
trouthunter
I just got back into Town today was thinking of coming up tomorrow . I did not register or anything just wondering if it would be ok to come up for the day?
thanks
Scott

T
troutmasta
Scott. Come on up! The fishing is OFF the hook. Camp spot 62.

T
trouthunter
Troutmasta is there anything you all need or want me to bring with? I will be bringing my boat without motor of course will have room for one maybe 2
if they don't mind a small front seat. One more question is there any campsites still open if so I would bring my tent camper.

T
troutmasta
Bring with? Maybe marshmallows pleaase!
There are plenty of spots open. Including room for a tent camper in mine if you choose. The weather is great and the fishing is better !

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Sweet! Wish I was there!

E
eugene1
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Can't wait for the pics!

T
troutmasta
Wow! A little of balance this morning. Jim just arrived. Jeanna and Brandon were big flakes. :(

T
Throbbit _Shane
Wish I could of made it! Next year im gonna make it up there!

C
CoastalMoe
I have been checking this thread half a dozen times a day waiting for pics of fish... Are you actually catching anything??? :popcorn:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Typically pics are posted after the gathering. Be patient, Grasshopper. ;)

B
bagold53
Fishing was alright, saw a few decent fish pulled throughout the weekend. I am not one to trust myself from dropping my phone in the water so I do not have any pics, sorry. But I did have a lot of fun hanging out with Troutmasta, who had everything setup for the big gathering. it was great meeting Scott and OntheFly and everyone else that came out on Sat (I have a shipoopy memory so not all the names are coming back to me atm). Scott was able to make it after pulling a 8 hour shift and 11 hour drive back from Montana. I would have been dead after that.
I finally broke my fly reel (been missing a screw or two for a few months), spool decided to take a swim. I didn't notice until after the second fish and only since my line seemed to be getting shorter. Jeff was able to pull the spool back up from the water depths. I said screw it and kept on fishing, just as Troutmasta was asking me if I was going back in to work on it, I threw the line back out and had a fish on. I fished with the spool sitting next to me on my toon for the rest of the weekend, with only one more dunking of the spool. Just another point in the Fly rods favor, with any gear reel I would have been done.

Great weekend, weather was dry and the wind calmed down when it mattered.

Good fishing with everyone that was able to come out and hope to see you guys and more next year

Bagold aka Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
W
wozniasm
Raincatcher said:
Typically pics are posted after the gathering. Be patient, Grasshopper. ;)
Barb, any pics yet?!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
wozniasm said:
Barb, any pics yet?!
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it this year, Steve. :sad: I don't know why no one has posted pics yet, either. Jeff???