Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J
jimmy
the first batch of photos:

trillium first light:

trillmorning.jpg

lakeside coffee:

coffee.jpg

wozniasm in the moring mist:

wozanism.jpg

GD Brown in the lazy drifter:

gdbrown.jpg

On the Fly, tubing it:

ontheflycast.jpg

On the Fly, with.... the mountian:

ontheflyfish.jpg

JeannaJigs showed up with a slight rod tip problem, no problem at all:

jennarod.jpg

it took me a bit to get used to the lake fly fishing but after some good advise, a couple of proven flies, and tenacity I figured it out.

the shiny new fly on left, same pattern after 20+ fish on right:

beforeandafter.jpg

planned on taking more photos but, fishing was the priority.

nice to see folks again and meet new people as well, I look forward to the next meet-up.

Extra thanks to Jim for picking me up on the side of the road below govy and driving me to welches to replace a blown tire I had on the way home, super cool of you.

F
flocaster
Sweet! Glad to see the first of what I'm sure will be many many pics.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
so bummed to not be able to get to this event this year :(

gonna have to make sure to go to the next 1.

F
flocaster
I second you on that one!

troutdude
troutdude
I third that motion. BAM. Motion passed! LOL

W
wozniasm
All I can say is "EPIC" trip!
It was great to meet so many from the forum!
And the catching wasn't too bad either!
Couldn't have asked for better weather, folks and conversation!
Pics will follow!

G
GDBrown
Great Fishing

Great Fishing

What a wonderful time fishing with friends and catching some real nice fish for a change. It was great to meet a few new faces and share some stories around the campfire. I have to apologize to Jeanna for giving Ava her voice! Turns out I was standing over her favorite chew toy and she was not liking that at all. I took home three of the trophy size trout that were stocked the week before and had an epic evening catching rising trout on the surface. I stopped and headed for shore when I hit fifteen and had 20 total by the time I got to shore. I finally got the throat pump to work and the contents were hundreds of size 28 midge larva! I have never seen so many of the little critters in my life. Thanks to all who made it a great three day trip for me, especially Jim (OTF) for bringing his vacuum sealer and cleaning my fish for me. The "Lazy Drifter" worked great on the water and with a bucket for a drift sock I didn't have to fight the wind nearly as much as my last trip up there. I'm glad we could do a group trip and look forward to doing it again soon. Maybe at Lake Harriet?

GD

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly
troutdude
troutdude
Glad you all had a great--scratch that--Epic trip! I've been sitting here with (dare I say it?) BAITED breath; in eager anticipation of the reports and pics. :pray:

How many OFFers wound up going?

J
JeannaJigs
9-7802-461C-9588-27FA9B458856-948-00000096740B9CC9.jpg

Steve playing puppet with my fish head, glorious.
A-D250-4447-AA24-3A175A072379-948-000000966CC6DA6E.jpg

The bird memorial
2-A363-4C3A-BA34-248B75B5D7B6-948-0000009668A916F3.jpg

The INVASION. Check out that fleet of green.
4-FC7D-4C2B-B282-617CE312EB7F-948-000000965DA15A5C.jpg

Someone didn't want to go home.
D-9C97-4F94-BB98-32E177F68058-948-000000984DD36421.jpg

J
JeannaJigs
Oh and....
3-8235-40BC-8D51-DFF0B3D0235F-948-00000099F67EA304.jpg

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Nice job guys. I hope to do better next year but it was nice meeting a couple of you.

Gonna have to needle someone for their proven patterns up there so I can have them ready for next year. :D

Irishrover
Irishrover
Another great OFF fishing trip. Thanks OnTheFly for getting this thing going and thank for sharing your spot, flies and advice with all who came. It was nice to get to meet so many of people who post I've read. Putting real people with the internet persona make the forum a better place. Trillium is a beautiful place so close to Mt Hood and the fishing was fantastic.

Last edited:
J
jabs67
Only got a couple pics. We had a blast. So nice to meet all of you. I didn't do as good as i wanted but that didn't matter. It was a treat fishing with you all. Can't wait till next year.

The first 2 are my son Chris. The last pic is one i caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OnTheFly
B
bigsteel
very nice everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am so jealous my ass was stuck putting in a garden window.

Irishrover
Irishrover
bigsteel said:
very nice everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am so jealous my ass was stuck putting in a garden window.

You were missed Dave. It was like I expect to see you pop out from behind a tree at any moment!

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
another fun trillium event.. sorry for bring all the wind on sunday.. it was great seeing everyone and meeting new peeps!

Reactions: waco
J
JeannaJigs
bigsteel said:

sounds uncomfortable.

J
JeannaJigs
eggs said:
another fun trillium event.. sorry for bring all the wind on sunday.. it was great seeing everyone and meeting new peeps!

Yeah thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure my boat was flying at like 30 mph across the lake when I called it quits lol. It was good seein' ya again. Sorry you stayed up all by yourself lol. I tried...but that dang tequila...

O
OnTheFly
Wow!!! What a turn out! Here is a list of OFF members that participated:
Wozniasm
GDBrown
Raincatcher
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs
Throbbit Shane
Ninja and his wife Kim
Jabs and his son Chris
Irishrover
jimmy
eggs
Waco
Autofisher and his lady friend Carissa
SeanC and his daughter Shannon
Tribal
And myself with my wife Carrie.

For anyone that made it to the lake but not our camp, glad you made it out.
I arrived at Trillium Tuesday to discover that they were still taking reservations until the 13th and only one site was available. Luckily I was able to find the perfect spot across the dam that did the job. The camp host bent over backward to let us utilize the site beyond the rules which allowed all of us to be in just one big site. Whew!!. Wozniasm and GDBrown came in Wednesday and the rest trickled in as the week went on. With the exception of Sunday, the weather was perfect and we wasted no time in getting into some fish. I honestly believe we accomplished our goal in fishing out the lake because by Sunday it was slim pickn's with Jeaanna catching the only Trophy. I thank all of you in taking interest in this get together and making this happen. I had a Blast!!!

(These pictures can be found on my profile.)

Wozniazm
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012024.png

lilsalmon
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012033.png

lilsalmon and Raincather
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012035.png

Irishrover
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012041.png

Waco
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012055.png

Autofisher
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012059.png