Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W
wozniasm
OnTheFly said:
During last years event, it didn't take long for the OFF members to locate fish and determine what time the bite was. Fish were caught throughout the lake but it seemed like the best area was mid lake between the fishing dock and the dam. The fish started waking up around 8 then broke off at about 11 or 11:30. It then picked up again late in the afternoon. For those of you that are ambitious enough to try something else during that down time, here's another option. Harriet Lake is not much more than a half hour away and they dump the same amount of trophy fish in there as they do Trillium only Harriet has only a fraction of the water space than Trillium. This was the plan Ninja and I followed a couple years ago when Trillium stopped giving up fish. We launched at Harriet around 1:00 and before we packed up to leave at 3:00, Jimmy had nearly limited on the trophys. Just a thought.:think:

Already thought about that and checked the maps - 30 minute drive.

S
SeanC
I'm gonna be following the lead of you that have fished these lakes before. Its gonna be a learning lesson for my daughter and I.

O
OnTheFly
SeanC said:
I'm gonna be following the lead of you that have fished these lakes before. Its gonna be a learning lesson for my daughter and I.
Sean, it's not If you and your daughter will catch fish it's how many.:cool:

W
wozniasm
Jim;
Picked up some vaccumm seal bags in case you have room in your freezer....

O
OnTheFly
wozniasm said:
Jim;
Picked up some vaccumm seal bags in case you have room in your freezer....
Nice. Carrie says she'll be packing the freezer but I plan to eat some room into it.

K
kiplarson
I took a test drive today and pulled in 1 trophy and 2 legals. the banks were CROWDED!

O
OnTheFly
Over 5000 views on this thread. We might need a bigger boat!

A
autofisher
I get OFF at 6 on Saturday. Hopefully heading straight up there after work with my girlfriend. Can't wait to see you guys. It's been way too long

O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:
I get OFF at 6 on Saturday. Hopefully heading straight up there after work with my girlfriend. Can't wait to see you guys. It's been way too long
See you when you get there Mike!

O
OnTheFly
Does anyone need to borrow a float Tube from me? I will be leaving Tuesday PM for Trillium so let me know soon. I will be home for a short while to pick up my wife on Thursday and if there is a post from someone needing one then I could bring it then also. Just trying not to pack things I won't use.:)

A
autofisher
Mind if I borrow one for a bit on Sunday?

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Looking forward to seeing you all.

I'll be heading up for a couple of day trips on Thursday and then again on Friday (Saturday is optional depending on if I attend the Ducks game).

I'll be the guy in the gold and gray tube thankful I only had to carry it a few feet this time. :D

O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:
Mind if I borrow one for a bit on Sunday?
OK I'll bring it.

W
waco
So what kind of flies should I bring with me? I want to catch those monsters!

O
OnTheFly
Leaving here shortly. Like I mentioned earlier, I will be posting an update Thursday when I come home briefly to pick up my wife Carrie and let you in on what site we ended up in. See you soon!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
OnTheFly said:
Leaving here shortly. Like I mentioned earlier, I will be posting an update Thursday when I come home briefly to pick up my wife Carrie and let you in on what site we ended up in. See you soon!

Knock-em DEAD

i just might be able to pull OFF an overnight later this week maybe Fri-Sat fingers crossed. :cool:

i would love to get my son into a brooder or 2 as he has only caught a couple of Canby Pond plants and a couple of Pike-minnows.

J
jabs67
Good luck otf. Can't wait to meet all you guys.

W
wozniasm
READ NOW!

Jim called me and they changed the rules on reservations on campsites so it's a fast scramble to find out "for sure" who's coming!
Prior years, it was first come - first serve after Labor Day but that changed.

There's campsites (for now) at the dam and Jim's is at site# 29.
We want you all to know we will be camping there and NOT at the normal campground.Jim says they're really nice sites (he's sending pics) - toilet but no water but there's water at the campgrounds.

Directions: Hwy 26 to the Trillium turn OFF, pass the campgound turn OFF and go over the dam. The campsites are the first left you come across.

Please reply to the new thread: "READ NOW" Trillium Campsite issue!!!!!!!!!! before 9 AM tomorrow and let us know if you're coming and when so I can let Jim know how many sites we need to snag!

Last edited:
J
jimmy
couldn't find the 'new thread', I'm leaving tomorrow @ 9am, sleeping in my truck so no site needed, if there's a flat place to park that'd be nice. I'll bring a 'loaner' float tube and a inflate kyak that will be open to use if I'm not in it.

thanks for the update. see ya tomorrow.

troutdude
troutdude
With over 5,000 views of this thread...I think that at least 2 things have happened.

1. The general public, now knows about this "event" and all about how many big fish are in there. So, it may get really crowded (especially with the weather now predicted to be in the upper 80's / lower 90's, here in the valley).

2. Whoever runs the campground, now also knows about this "after Labor Day" event; and has now changed the "first come / first served" site rules...probably to capitalize on camp site revenue (i.e. to dig deeper into OUR pockets). And, $18 per day is frickin' ridiculous IMO!

Hope it goes well, for all y'all!