Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L
lilsalmon
BTW....a BIG BIG thank you to Onthefly fly for getting this together and thanks for the use of your grill and for tending our fish.......shower??!!!!! pshaw....:D

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
G
Growbug
Thanks for the get together OTF.. and nice meeting all of you and listening to bat stories!
Thanks for the buggers OTF... got a fish on one!!

So??? Next meet?

B
bigsteel
oh man what a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JIm thanks for settin this up,it was the best weekend ive had in a long time,,,,we all fished our butts off and it paid OFF for sure,,,what a gorgeous lake and campground..

Onthefly--you are the best,thanks again for your puttin this together and showing me your olive crystal bugger,,
Irishrover--thanks for fishin and comin over both days,,you are an inspiration to all and thanks for letting people use your drift boat,that was very nice.lets plan a crooked trip soon
eggs--i hope your feelin better today bro,,it was nice seeing you get to fish with your father,that was great not to mention he got himself a fish,,and your wife juey,awesome job on the trophy she pulled out of there,and you as well nailin that trophy with the bud light fly,,time for you to get some fly tying ,materials.
growbug--excellent meeting you,your a hell of a funny guy and good company with good stories,,i hope that flipper treats you well.
ninja-great seeing you again as always,it was nice to get to fish together,and it was great meeting your wife and your doggy-cheetoh..
lilsalmon--it was great spending the weekend watching you float around on your toon catching fish,,,the steak was excellent,thank you.

all in all it was a fantastic time,,staying up tellin stories and bs'n...i hope you guys recover from your 5am party hahahahahha.

lets do it again,,the sooner the better

Last edited by a moderator:
G
Growbug
it wasn't 5am party - it was 4:20, we should have stayed up that extra couple of hours and hit the mist on the lake.
Coupla chums and we would have been fine to return for breakfast and coffee!!

----

edit ... I sure do look hungover in that Sunday morning pic that Lilsalmon posted (guys around picnic table), but the lake cured that

Last edited:
E
eggs
Jim Thanks again for putting this on AND the masterpeice Bud Light Special!

Saturday night around the fire was awesome!

O
OnTheFly
Had a Blast!!!

Had a Blast!!!

Thanks to everyone that came to Trillium and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!:)

S
spark
Spydeyrch said:
We saw that family of otters. Pretty cool little group there. The osprey snatched a few fish out of the water and yes, those red-neck guys were extremely annoying! They kept swearing up a storm and yelling about how good they were and how about every 2 mins they had a monster bite on their line. Was really annoying.

I was there with two friends. We got there friday afternoon around 4 pm. We were in site 45. One of my friends was bank fishing the whole time we were there. My other friend and I were out on the water in the blue canoe. We didn't have much luck, either of us. I was the only one that caught anything, just two small fingerlings. Saturday we hit the water again. It was pretty awesome to have the whole lake covered in fog for the first part of the early morning. around 9:30 we all went to the dam and fished from there, again no luck. The lake started to get really crowded so we shot off down Mt. Hood.

So we hit the sandy looking from some good little trout holes. We hiked it for a little ways and then found a nice little hole. While we were fishing it some HUGE coho came in and took up residence. HUGE!!!!! First is was one, then three, then five, and by the time we had left, it was seven. The largest had to be a least 12 - 14 lbs. We tried everything, lures, jigs, bait, etc. I had the most "luck", if you could call it luck. I was using a a few different flies. I had a few "almost-strikes" with one in particular. They were "almost-strikes" because the fish were located just at the end of a fairly strong current. The current seemed to pull the fly away at just the last moment just as the fish would rise to take it ....... very annoying. The interesting thing was that I would watch them rise to take actual real flies off of the surface and they would do it quite quickly. Yet with my flies, they would rise very slowly. It almost made me think that they were rising to see what it was, but their whole body would come out of the water. I was also trying to do this with a spinning setup so it was a little difficult. Time to get a fly rod setup!

-Spydey

Hi Spydey,

I wish I was there, but you guys had have a HUGE blast. I missed to have a new friend there due to my son school start. In the meantime, I will head there on this Sunday with my son. so would you share where do you think fishing hole is for us including bait/lures?

Thank you,
Spark.