Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

Announcing the 3rd annual Trillium Trophy Trout event.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B
bigsteel
swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttt

G
GDBrown
It better not be fished out! I'm going back on Wednesday for another try. And Jim, the fishing was good on Friday you must have ment Saturday. Remember you had to clean my fish before I left and Woz had a couple too. What a great time, sorry I missed meeting all those who showed for the weekend after I left.

O
OnTheFly
GDBrown said:
It better not be fished out! I'm going back on Wednesday for another try. And Jim, the fishing was good on Friday you must have ment Saturday. Remember you had to clean my fish before I left and Woz had a couple too. What a great time, sorry I missed meeting all those who showed for the weekend after I left.
What was I thinking. I changed my story to Sunday. Thanks Gene.

O
OnTheFly
Oregon
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012001.png

Another one for GDBrown
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012020.png

Wozniasm at our tailgate fish cleaning and processing station. He was the Trophy King this time with a limit day and I think 9 or ten total trophy fish.
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012028.png

Packed and frozen. I brought a food saver and ran it with a generator then was able to store our fish in the freezer in my trailer. It worked out perfect. It was a good thing GDBrown and Tribal took thier fish when they left Friday because by Sunday, the only room left in my freezer was on the door rack.:shock:
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012060.png

TrilliumTrophyTrip2012029.png

Campfire
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012045.png

Campfire
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012050.png

Jeanna backing away from the campfire for obvious reasons.
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012054.png

jimmy's blown out tire. I got a picture of everyone except jimmy. Probably because he gets up at the crack of 0: Dark 30 every morning to fish while I was still snoring away.
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012031.png

Sunday
TrilliumTrophyTrip2012058.png

Last edited:
W
wozniasm
Irishrover said:
Another great OFF fishing trip. Thanks OnTheFly for getting this thing going and thank for sharing your spot, flies and advice with all who came. It was nice to get to meet so many of people who post I've read. Putting real people with the internet persona make the forum a better place. Trillium is a beautiful place so close to Mt Hood and the fishing was fantastic.

Cudos to Onthefly!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I give him '9' claps for the fish I took home!
Thanks again Jim for adjusting the details at the last minute!

J
JeannaJigs
That fire was pretty weak for as long as I could stand it lol. Pretty great weekend! I'd say we definitely put a hurt on those fish taking no prisoners, Steve was definitely the executioner though. So cool though that Kim caught a fish bigger than jimmy, I think it was actually the largest fish executed.

F
Finneus Polebender
Great stuff all! looks like another OFF sucsess story ,may have to get in line next year and pretend I know how to catch trout!

N
ninja2010
JeannaJigs said:
So cool though that Kim caught a fish bigger than jimmy, I think it was actually the largest fish executed.

yeah... imagine that. but to clarify, her fish was bigger than mine, not bigger than me... and i don't mind getting beat by the wife.

best camping trip ever, hands down. as always, it's great to see old friends, and make new acquaintances (waco, carissa, jabs, seanc and shannon). as usual, jim pulled off an outstanding event and played host to a T. for those who couldn't make it (daaaaave), you missed out. for those who did, especially those who made it there despite barriers and circumstances, awesome job.

i'm sure this annual event will only get bigger, better, and more awesome in years to come.

here's the fish that's not bigger than me (measured 18" minus the head in the freezer bag)...

-A9F0-4BC3-9EE3-6BDD9B752A51-1832-000000F2975599AF.jpg

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Jim certainly is the best host ever. That is such a cool picture of Kim and her fish, her excitement was awesome. I think we all had a great time.

J
jimmy
OnTheFly said:
I got a picture of everyone except jimmy. Probably because he gets up at the crack of 0: Dark 30 every morning to fish while I was still snoring away.

actually it was O dark .45.... when the light came up, Gene checked his watch.

trillmorning.jpg

thanks again to GD brown for letting me take out the lazy drifter in the early am..

gdbrownjimmy.jpg

and hangin at the fire was fun too,

TrilliumTrophyTripfirejimmy.jpg

wish I woulda stayed the weekend but, I had big plans to blow a tire on the way home.

the 'bird memorial' photo was really cool, thanks jeanna, those who where there at the time know the story.

till next time.....

W
wozniasm
GDBrown said:

G; You're right. I ended getting my limit that day...

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Nice job guys. Hoping to actually camp next year.

W
wozniasm
Speaking of
JeannaJigs said:
I think we all had a great time.
Jeanna; did you grab the last of the Wild Turkey liquor with honey I forgot? If so, enjoy 'cause I don't think it'll hang around till next year....:rolleyes:

Reactions: eggs
J
JeannaJigs
jimmy said:
actually it was O dark .45.... when the light came up, Gene checked his watch.

trillmorning.jpg

thanks again to GD brown for letting me take out the lazy drifter in the early am..

gdbrownjimmy.jpg

and hangin at the fire was fun too,

TrilliumTrophyTripfirejimmy.jpg

wish I woulda stayed the weekend but, I had big plans to blow a tire on the way home.

the 'bird memorial' photo was really cool, thanks jeanna, those who where there at the time know the story.

till next time.....

We left the bird memorial, so, whoever is there next will probably wonder wtf?! Couldn't leave without a photo of it though.

J
JeannaJigs
wozniasm said:
Speaking of ,
Jeanna; did you grab the last of the Wild Turkey liquor with honey I forgot? If so, enjoy 'cause I don't think it'll hang around till next year....:rolleyes:

D'oh! It wasn't me, if I knew it was abandoned, it would have gone home with me for sure!! Lol that stuff was amazing! Not to be mixed with tequila though, just saying. Tequila doesn't like to socialize with other alcohols. :(

W
waco
I think this was by far the most have I ever had on a fishing trip! I had such a good time meeting all this new awesome people! It was just a blast!!
So anyways what's the story of the bird? I saw it and was wondering about it but forgot to ask! And I remember the bacon on a stick cook on the fire! :lol: it was just a fun trip except of the hangover!! :rolleyes:

W
waco
For some reason this was the only good pic I took, so i'm going to share it!
20120908_132907.jpg

Reactions: lilsalmon and eggs
J
JeannaJigs
waco said:
I think this was by far the most have I ever had on a fishing trip! I had such a good time meeting all this new awesome people! It was just a blast!!
So anyways what's the story of the bird? I saw it and was wondering about it but forgot to ask! And I remember the bacon on a stick cook on the fire! :lol: it was just a fun trip except of the hangover!! :rolleyes:

I think jimmy originally found it just lying around and my dog likes to pick things up as I'm sure you noticed so jimmy put it on the post there at the top of the steps hoping that Ava wouldn't discover it. Then Sean and his daughter showed up and she put all the flowers and stuff on it because it made her sad and she didn't like to see things dead, so it was mostly covered up, instead of throwing it in the dumpster. Pretty cool, I'm sure most of us would've just tossed it somewhere, nice to see some respect for even the smallest creatures.

The bacon on the stick was hazardous, I remember sinking in swamp to get a bacon stick and then rose says I almost fell into the fire lol. It was worth it though. Bacon on a stick rocks.

The hangover sucked :-/ I think that i killed the bite on the lake Sunday when I involuntarily "chummed" over the side of my boat. Saturday was great though lol

Reactions: waco and eggs
G
GDBrown
Funny, I don't remember any hangover! I had the best time and I remember every minute of it...... especially all the stars in the sky at night. I don't think I have ever seen the Milky Way so vividly. The moonrise was also very nice as well.

Jeanna, I thought you boat was beautiful. You did an outstanding job on it for a first time rebuild and your paint was great.

Woz, I knew someone would stick it out long enought to get a limit. Great job.

For all those who showed up for the first time it was a great camp and YES Jim did an outstanding job of hosting this year as expected.

So, when is the next "Fish-in"?

WOO CARP!!!!!

Reactions: lilsalmon, waco and eggs
E
eggs
I had no hang over... hard to get a hang over if you don't wuss out and stay up all night... sleep is for the weak!

Reactions: OnTheFly