1st Annual Fish OFF

1st Annual Fish OFF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W
windburnt
Raincatcher said:
I will be at Detroit Lake State Park on highway 22 just up from the ranger station. Don't confuse it with Mongold day use park. There is a nice boat ramp there though. Entrance is on the right.

Be safe.
Barb

ty much.. hopefully see ya there.

J
JeannaJigs
Thanks Barb for the PM with directions, I will call ya if I get lost...I am severely directionally challenged, and will be coming up after a ten hour work day, so my brain will not be functioning. Much needed weekend break! Think I'm gonna bring some steelhead gear too, and hit up this infamous santiam sunday since I'm never that far north. Perhaps some of you locals can give me some bank advice on that when the time comes?

See ya at B26 (Not A26) :dance:

W
windburnt
windburnt said:
im also thinking of heading that way early saturday morning.. Is my boat ok for this lake.. 15ft alumacraft. 10hp??? i may have a extra seat available, but wont know till that morning. And ill probably only stay 1 day. If some of u guys could shoot me ur number, so i can hook up once i get there, that would be kewl.

seat filled. Girl and dog are all aboard. :D

M
MonMouth James
I would love to go to this! If only I was still getting married next weekend instead of this weekend! The wedding isn't till 4 Sunday and its in Salem...

C
Commodore S
Camp site

Camp site

I've got D-25 reserved Fri & Sat, E.T.A. 2:00 pm Fri. See ya then:dance:

J
JeannaJigs
Commodore S said:
I've got D-25 reserved Fri & Sat, E.T.A. 2:00 pm Fri. See ya then:dance:
Pff well aren't you special with your 2:00 PM ETA...some of us have to work LOL. I truly hope I don't get lost because I think I will be getting up there just before dark if I don't get lost...Stuck working until about 6:30ish in Veneta unless a miracle happens, or I come down with a mystery illness...hmmm. If I wouldn't feel so guilty about abandoning the newly hired help...a mystery illness would present at 7:00 AM and I'd have to take the whole day off....

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Big Cliff

Big Cliff

OK everyone, I thought that the Big Cliff area would be open, it's not. So for all of you that I told that there might be some camping available down there, I apologize. They have it closed so they can finish working on the gate that's still stuck open. However, there are plenty of off site camping spots available. Autofisher and I can scout a couple out today while we're fishing. Don't worry though, we'll get everyone taken care of. Don't forget to check the ranger station for maps.
I'll be back at camp around 2 pm(b-26), so that way everyone that needs to can check in with me. Now hurry up and get up here!!

Be safe,
Barb

Last edited:
W
windburnt
Raincatcher said:
OK everyone, I thought that the Big Cliff area would be open, it's not. So for all of you that I told that there might be some camping available down there, I apologize. They have it closed so they can finish working on the gate that's still stuck open. However, there are plenty of off site camping spots available. Autofisher and I can scout a couple out today while we're fishing. Don't worry though, we'll get everyone taken care of. Don't forget to check the ranger station for maps.
I'll be back at camp around 2 pm(b-26), so that way everyone that needs to can check in with me. Now hurry up and get up here!!

Be safe,
Barb

ok..thx for update... i should be up there bout 4-5.. ill look for ur site when i get there..

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Weather Report

Weather Report

Just checked the weather report on Weather Underground and see that after our downpour last night it should be a bit cloudy this weekend and around 72-ish. We were so pooped last night that we didn't take the time to secure the camp against the elements...:( I know, first rule of camping,right. It's been around 20 years since I have enjoyed the great outdoors without a hard shell something or other. All the boxes are mush,towels are soaked and the chairs are going to be dry sometime this afternoon. :confused: :lol: Make sure you DO NOT follow my example! A good rain flap on the tent is about all that kept us from floating to the lake in our sleep.
There were lots of OSP on the highway...be sure to slow down to 40 in Mill City and Gates...:naughty: See ya here. :D
Be safe.
Barb

W
windburnt
Raincatcher said:
Just checked the weather report on Weather Underground and see that after our downpour last night it should be a bit cloudy this weekend and around 72-ish. We were so pooped last night that we didn't take the time to secure the camp against the elements...:( I know, first rule of camping,right. It's been around 20 years since I have enjoyed the great outdoors without a hard shell something or other. All the boxes are mush,towels are soaked and the chairs are going to be dry sometime this afternoon. :confused: :lol: Make sure you DO NOT follow my example! A good rain flap on the tent is about all that kept us from floating to the lake in our sleep.
There were lots of OSP on the highway...be sure to slow down to 40 in Mill City and Gates...:naughty: See ya here. :D
Be safe.
Barb

srry bout ur luck..hehehe.. Any fish yet?

A
autofisher
Weather's not too bad

Weather's not too bad

The weather is showing signs of clearing up and there have been a few fish caught here and there. Raincatcher, Bait-N-Switch and I haven't really been out on the water all that much. I did however bring in an 11 inch stocker. Now if we can just convince them to hop on the other lines too. Hope to see you all up here.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Dang I want to leave tonight, but I had to work :confused:. Packing right now, will be there tomorrow!! Can't wait!

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
All packed up and on the way! 10:45pm Friday nite!

All packed up and on the way! 10:45pm Friday nite!

:clap:

I can't wait. I thought about coming up EARLY tomarrow AM...but, I'm ready to go and I even found lodgings.

I have an open seat or two in my boat tomorrow. It turns out that Bob has to stay behind and care for our daughter and her friend who is visiting. They both just came down with a cold and that changed our plans.

Sooooo....Open seat in the Lady of the Lake boat.

See y'all tomorrow on the Lake! Let's catch something for the grill!!:D

Troutski
Troutski
Great times...

Great times...

My best to you all, have a great weekend and by all means try to smile;); I wonder who will get the prize for best story....? My guess is it will be Raincatcher....

Chuck

H
Hawk
I Hope Everyone has a Wonderful, Safe Weekend &

Catch some bigg'un HAWGS.........................:lol::lol::lol:.............................:cool::cool::cool:.............................:clap::clap::clap:

Drive Safely...

B
beaverfan
Is anyone going to be around tomorrow? I had plans for this weekend that fell through so I might try to head out this afternoon and camp somewhere off Breitenbush and trek down to Detroit tomorrow morning. Hope you all catch your limits!

R
ralph smith
I hope you guys fishing the FISH off at big cliffs have or had fun,One thing I would like to say off that subject is I am a little sad how we have been regulated to death in fishing for trout and Steelhead etc I guess I remember fishing at Trailbridge Reservoir on the Mckenzie river back in the 80s and 90s when you could use bait and now you can't, and a lot of areas here in Portland have been fenced off on rivers and closed that i had access to for years and years . If you're not in your late fortys or above in years you may not remember what I'm talking about. I tried to find out who's closing off the areas on the sandy and Clackamas rivers but have not heard back from our buddy's at the state offices yet Stay tuned....................... Ralph

O
OnTheFly
1st Annual Fish OFF Re-Cap

1st Annual Fish OFF Re-Cap

Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the fish-OFF. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I'm looking forward to the next fishing trip.

Fishfinger...Thumbs up for you in spearheading the event. :clap: Sorry about the rest of your salmon.:(

Raincatcher...I was especially glad to meet you. :) Thanks for everything! :clap: Fridays rain may have soaked your gear but it did not dampen your spirit.:)

Autofisher...Perhaps next time we'll get a poker game going.:cool:

Osmosis...I truly believe that you could catch a trophy fish in a dry river bed!

Ninja...If you figured out how to catch Lungfish you'll have no problem figuring out salmon & steelhead. :D ( see you on the water soon! ;)

Fishnquest...I'll be expecting a picture of your steelhead 'on the fly' soon! :dance:

Ladyofthelake...I hope you resolve the battery problem in your boat for your next trip. :( Glad you figured out your walkie talkie controls too! :lol:

Jeannajigs...Hope you lace into some of those winter fish and post some pictures. Perhaps then it may inspire me to get my lard azz outta bed and do the same! lol

Thanks again to all! Especially the food!:clap:

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Most definitely the best weekend I've had in ages. Just got home lookin' kinda homeless like, camping is dirty business. Next time I will bring sunscreen and inspect the pontoons for leaks before leaving home, both such novel concepts. Especially want to thank Barb and her familial unit for putting up with me for the entire time without throwing me in the lake, and still helping me get out there to do some fishing. Also thanks to all of you that helped me out with my pontoon....I'm gonna duct tape it and see what happens lol. Had a great time. Off to deal with gear and rid myself of this camping grunge.

I'd also take the time to point out that it wasn't a sippy cup.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I have never consumed so many Monster energy drinks in my life!! Thanks to everyone involved for participating, you wore me out as I have been sleeping for the last five hours... Camp F.F. was an extremely successful and entertaining gathering area, so entertaining I forgot to take pictures until it was almost dark!

It was really great meeting you all, what a great turnout (many more than what I was able to get in the photos):dance::dance:

Last edited: