1st Annual Fish OFF

1st Annual Fish OFF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T
Troutier Bassier
GraphiteZen said:
I have never consumed so many Monster energy drinks in my life!

I bet you dident beat my Record ;)

I hope you all had fun at the fish OFF

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
I'd also take the time to point out that it wasn't a sippy cup.

haha sure looked like it!

Troutier Bassier said:
I bet you dident beat my Record ;)

and that would be?

T
Troutier Bassier
4!

(Im 12)

I
Indifisher
Good Times

Good Times

Well the 1st Annual Fish OFF has come to an end. I think I can speak for all who attended and say we all had a good time, even though me and my family had to leave the potluck a little early (those pesky required navigation lights aren't working on my boat). I arrived around 2pm on Thursday and got home at 5pm tonight. It was great to meet everybody face to face. The food was great and the company couldn't have been better.

I ran into Fishfinger and company on the water this morning. Seems several people were having problems getting into fish this weekend. I limited out Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Today (Sunday) I ended up with 14 total Rainbows in the boat, 10 released (too small) and 4 keepers (largest is 14"). Pictures coming soon. The keeper total for this trip was 19 Rainbow Trout.

I want to thank everybody who made this event possible, and a special Thank You to Barbara "Raincatcher" (and family) and Dan "FishFinger" for your hospitality.

I hope to see more of everyone soon. Whenever anybody wants to get out there to fish and wouldn't mind some company, look me up.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
haha sure looked like it!

Dude. Nope. I will start a separate post for this in the non fishing related. Not a sippy cup!

I am so dead tired...I was given a one of those 5hour energy shot things and it's wearing off. Which by the way, they totally put monster to shame I found out, I was ready to climb walls when I started driving home, so I highly recommend, if you want to climb walls.

Oh and sheep shut down the five on my way home. That was special. Funniest thing I have ever seen, an OSP trooper out there running frantically around back and forth across north and south bound lanes, waving his arms and hollering...trying to herd about 5 loose sheep. You just don't see that everyday. Priceless master card moment if you ask me.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Oh and sheep shut down the five on my way home. That was special. Funniest thing I have ever seen, an OSP trooper out there running frantically around back and forth across north and south bound lanes, waving his arms and hollering...trying to herd about 5 loose sheep. You just don't see that everyday. Priceless master card moment if you ask me.

HAHA!!! That is funny!

Ok we should stop about the sippy cup but you brought it to the forum!

I'm starting to wake up a little now..... I thought I slept ok last night but thinking about it now I probably just knocked myself out trying to roll over at some point. I'm confidant I had the rockiest plot in the entire area. Bent 8 of my 9 tent stakes trying to set up!!

Did anyone enjoy ice cream this morning? It was still somewhat intact and looked like it had been opened!! :shock:

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
HAHA!!! That is funny!

Ok we should stop about the sippy cup but you brought it to the forum!

I'm starting to wake up a little now..... I thought I slept ok last night but thinking about it now I probably just knocked myself out trying to roll over at some point. I'm confidant I had the rockiest plot in the entire area. Bent 8 of my 9 tent stakes trying to set up!!

Did anyone enjoy ice cream this morning? It was still somewhat intact and looked like it had been opened!! :shock:
Was not I, I was just scrounging for Brownies that were already swiped. That stuff was still frozen? that's an amazing all purpose dry bag/freezer you have with endless possibilities!

I am about to pass out I am so tired, no nap for me when I got home. Fixed my pontoon with the duct tape, and i'm going to torture it tomorrow after work to see if it will hold. If it doesn't, well, I will be lighting it on fire and purchasing a new bladder for it. Thanks again for the duct tape fix suggestion.

A
autofisher
If I was a betting man.......

If I was a betting man.......

I'd say that everyone that attended the Fish OFF had a great time. I personally did. To everyone that I met this weekend. Thank you for all the fun memories (still a sippy cup) and hilarious stories to share.

JeannaJigs- I want my rings back. Oh and "save me some" Those should keep ya goin for a while. Don't forget your marshmallows either. Honestly, had a great time.

FishFinger- Sir you crack me the eff up. I had a great time sitting around the fire with you, sharing stories and laughing till the fire was almost completely out. Good times.

Ninja- You're a life saver. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (I know you will) I won't lie. Your creativity for adding onto your personal crafts is absolutely amazing, and inspirational to say the least. I don't think there was a moment that I didn't see you smiling.

OnTheFly- Oh yes we shall get the poker game goin. I had a great time talking with you and still wish I had gotten over by you for the frosty brew lob.

Catphish- Thank you so much for helping with my shoulder problem. Can't wait to kill some zombies. When you get a chance, could you tell Dan's tent that I said thank you for giving birth to him.

Osmosis- PM sent. Truely a pleasure.

GraphiteZen- I personally witnessed this man down at least 6 monsters and inhaled more campfire smoke than I thought was possible. So how many laps did you finally make?

Fishnquest- You are without a doubt one of the nicest people that anyone from the forum could get a chance to meet. I wish that I had gotten a chance to spend some time out on the water with you.

LadyOfTheLake- I still feel terrible about the boat and the walkie-talkies. Next time, we won't go anywhere until we know you're out and moving. We'll get you set up to slam some scales.

Windburnt- You had possibly the coolest light I've ever seen. Already googled it. Next time you won't have to chop wood for me. I promise. Thanks for all of your help and hard work. OH! Don't forget the plug to your boat.

Reinholdt- Had a great time fishing with you sir. Maybe next time, I can swing my way down to your neck of the woods and we can find some new spots to hit up.

Indifisher- Hands down, you were the fishin magician this weekend. Either that or you just kept tying the same fish to your line over and over. Kudos to you sir. You stole my fish, and your daughter stole my son. You made out like a bandit.

Platteflyfisher- I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I would have liked. Shoot me a PM sometime and we'll see if we can meet up and fight some fish.

I apologize for such a long post, but I had to get it all out. I also apologize if I didn't mention you. It's not that I don't remember you, I'm just so tired that all the letters are starting to get blurry. Must sleep. Thank you all again.
Mike

Reactions: Fishtopher
S
Sharkbait-oo-haha
Sharkbait says.....

Sharkbait says.....

ubfvtxffbnjhg,lkibrjjhxgsv4ggggggggggggg:D

J
JeannaJigs
Haha sharkbait has his own thinger thing. That is awesome.

C
catphish
Sharkbait-oo-haha said:

Translated: "My spider man pole catch fishes!"

R
Rheinholdt
Hi All,

I just wanted to post a somewhat belated Thank You to all the great folks I met last weekend. I really enjoyed my time at the lake and the fishing with Autofisher and Company. Also want to thank those who dealt out generous answers to my many questions. Oh!, and a special thanks to Raincatcher for breakfast Sunday! A fantastic event in my view! Waiting for more!
Thanks, All.

Ron.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Rheinholdt said:
Hi All,

I just wanted to post a somewhat belated Thank You to all the great folks I met last weekend. I really enjoyed my time at the lake and the fishing with Autofisher and Company. Also want to thank those who dealt out generous answers to my many questions. Oh!, and a special thanks to Raincatcher for breakfast Sunday! A fantastic event in my view! Waiting for more!
Thanks, All.

Ron.

There you are! I will say it was a blast getting kicked out of Camp F.F. with you! Good times haha!

R
Rheinholdt
Yo' GraphiteZen!

That was quick! Yes, It's not often I get notice for noise, heh, heh!?

I was just getting another post ready when I saw yours hit the screen. I realized that I had forgotten to make another special thanks! A big Thank You to Ninja2010 for providing me a spot for my truck at his campsite. Thanks Jimmy!

I see that you are in Corvallis, Zen. We ought to try to arrange an outing. I'm so new I don't know too many spots to go down here but I'm finding some out. I'm going to start a new thread in the South Willamette section outlining my idea for a weekend or three day trip up the McKenzie, over the Aufderheide, and up to Salmon Creek and asking for tips on where to go, etc... Check it out if it interests you.

Ron.

F
fishnquest
Sharkbait-oo-haha said:

colin (my grandson) sent me that same message!:lol: