Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F
firesweep
Anyone fish there yet? I was out today and nobody was doing good at all! The place was packed as usual. Tried everything from bait, spinners to fly gear and just a few light hits. Nobody was really catching anything but a couple small trout about one every hour or so. I thought the place was stocked on Wed. So figured Thursday should be good. I didn't see much activity on the water to show 4000 legals in that little lake. Let alone 600+ Trophy trout. I was there in may and the water looked like it was boiling with all this rises! I don't know what the deal was today. Hope it's better after the holiday weekend! I've never been skunked at Trillium until today which is sad. :(

troutdude
troutdude
I wonder if the water temp was high, and made those fish sluggish. Or, maybe the hatchery didn't actually stock it yet. Did you check the ODFW "confirmation" line?

F
firesweep
troutdude said:
I wonder if the water temp was high, and made those fish sluggish. Or, maybe the hatchery didn't actually stock it yet. Did you check the ODFW "confirmation" line?

Water and temp was COLD all morning. A few risers in the early eve. too, so I don't think the water was too warm. I'm betting they didn't stock it. Even though I called their line all week and they confirmed Wednesday stocking. 10:00am to 1:00PM. Spoke with a person each time. All I can say is I hope they didn't stock it yet! Maybe there will be some fish for us all after the holiday!

C
cwsmith
it has not been confirmed stocked as of evening tuesday. leaves the possibility is was yesterday or today, if not then the big feeshes will be in there tomorrow :yay:

troutdude
troutdude
I just called the confirmation line (6:47 a.m. Friday). ODFW has not updated their confirmed stockings yet. The last report was/is from last Tuesday as CW stated above.

I would suggest calling either ODFW, and talking to a LIVE person. Or, call the Hatchery and do likewise.

S
Spydeyrch
So, has it been determined which camp sites we will most likely be using? (It know it is first come first serve.) Also, how much $ should we bring to pitch in for the site fees. I will be going up on Friday and camping till saturday. I am also bringing two friends with me and they will be camping too.

I will be using my bivy sack so if anyone needs a tent, I can bring my little 2 man glacier tent and lend it to them.

Thanks again!

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
Spydeyrch said:
So, has it been determined which camp sites we will most likely be using? (It know it is first come first serve.) Also, how much $ should we bring to pitch in for the site fees.

@OnTheFly

I just got your PM. Thanks. I will await an update once you get back. Have agreat trip at the Dechutes.

-Spydey

O
OnTheFly
Spydeyrch said:
@OnTheFly

I just got your PM. Thanks. I will await an update once you get back. Have agreat trip at the Dechutes.

-Spydey
Thanks!
I hope to find sites in the 45 - 50 area. There are a couple group sites there along with singles. Also, that end of the campground is closer to the day use and boat launching.

M
Modest_Man
I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to take a day off and head up probably Thursday and come back Friday. I'm new around here and it would be nice to meet some new people.

Any word on when it was stocked yet?

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to Woodburn and to OFF MM.

I think that I saw a post earlier, that said it was stocked on Thursday.

Good luck; and I hope that your GF can join you for some fishing fun.

M
Modest_Man
It's official, we'll be there Thursday about 3, then head out Friday by 2. How are we going to go about identifying the OFFers?

G
GDBrown
Deschutes then Trillium

Deschutes then Trillium

Looks like I'll be at the Deschutes until friday so I may stop on my way home from there to see who has the biggest story.:lol:

I'll get to try my new float tube while I'm at the lake.... dragging flies!:cool:

GD

G
Growbug
Forecast for the trip (based on Rhododendron)
Wed Sep 8, Showers, 60deg, 50% precipitation chance
Thu Sep 9, Partly Cloudy, 61, 20% precip
Fri Sep 10, Partly Cloudy, 61, 20% precip
Sat Sep 11, Few Showers, 60, 30% precip
Sun Sep 12, Partly Cloudy, 65, 10% precip

EDIT

Forecast for the trip (based on Government Camp)
Wed Sep 8, Few Showers, 51deg, 30% precipitation chance
Thu Sep 9, Partly Cloudy, 53, 20% precip
Fri Sep 10, Partly Cloudy, 56, 20% precip
Sat Sep 11,Partly Cloudy , 55, 20% precip
Sun Sep 12, Few Showers, 56, 30% precip

Last edited:
E
eggs
You need a forecast for government camp... about 2000' difference

S
Smellsfishy
I think I can make it for the day on Sat....

O
OnTheFly
Up Date

Up Date

Markcanby, Ninja, and I stopped by Trillium Lake today on the way back from the Deschutes. We confimed that double site #45 will be best for our gathering. Double site #45 contains 3 large tables, a central fire pit, a double barbeque, a drive through driveway with two additional paved spots for parking and plenty of tent space. If some of you would like to actually stay in this site and split the cost it is $38.00 a night. If we want the double site for Saturday only, then a couple bucks from everyone should cover it.

I will arrive Wednesday night and hopefully be in site #46 directly across the road. Because of the cooled down weather report and the fact that the Labor Day crowds are gone, I'm anticipating numerous single sites available throughout the campground.

The construction project at the dam is complete. They have filled in the base of the embankment to allow easy fishing access.

If you can, it would be nice to bring an armfull of firewood for Saturday night campfire. Also, if you have them, bring a WalkieTalkie. Channel 10:cool:

J
JeannaJigs
Roger.

L
lilsalmon
Sounds great OTF.....We will be there Thursday depending on if bigsteel has to work or not. Are we having a potluck meal on Saturday? Do we bring anything specifically or just food......

I think my son has some walkie talkies.......ever think what a silly name that is? Walkie Talkies?.....:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
E
eggs
Sounds gooooooooooood! This we will get the caddis and dansel hatch being that cold??

O
OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
Sounds great OTF.....We will be there Thursday depending on if bigsteel has to work or not. Are we having a potluck meal on Saturday? Do we bring anything specifically or just food......

I think my son has some walkie talkies.......ever think what a silly name that is? Walkie Talkies?.....:lol: :lol:

There has not been substantial intrest in having a potluck therefore everyone will need to fend for themselves. Smaller groups of us may decide to cook together though.