Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E
eggs
I think my parents are bringing their 5th wheel up for the weekend.. might not have to leave to watch the Gator game!!!!

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
I think my parents are bringing their 5th wheel up for the weekend.. might not have to leave to watch the Gator game!!!!

Must be a trick with a satellite dish eh?

C
cwsmith
i am so there. i was looking at the N. Willamette stocking report, saw this and :shock: :shock: :shock: first thing i did was OFF search Trillium Lake. Sounds like a fun time, I really want to meet some of you folks! :D

O
OnTheFly
cwsmith said:
i am so there. i was looking at the N. Willamette stocking report, saw this and :shock: :shock: :shock: first thing i did was OFF search Trillium Lake. Sounds like a fun time, I really want to meet some of you folks! :D

Cool! See you there!

L
llbad
troutdude said:
Welcome to OFF.

Stocked trout acclimate quite quickly; usually within a day or two. Then they begin to revert to their natural instincts and act like wild / native trout. At least that is what the author of "Taking Stockers" says, in a recent edition of Outdoor Life.

During the first couple of days bait (power bait/eggs, worms, etc), spinners and spoons usually work well. But, after that they'll switch to more natural "bait" like flies, terrestrials, underwater critters and the like.

In regards to actual time of each stocking, your guess is as good as anyone else's. Trillium is "advertised" in the stocking schedule for the "week of" the 30th. So, the stocking can take place anytime during that week. The actual day, is dependent upon the ODFW hatchery employees. It can happen on Monday. It can happen that Friday. Or it can happen on any day in between.

Good luck and hope you have fun, if you head up there. You'll be fishing side by side w/ some very nice OFF members, and I'm sure that they'll be willing to help you.

Cool, thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not able to make it from the 9th through the 12th, but I will likely be there the 6th-8th. I'm excited to fish for trout for the first time by myself =p

troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome. Good luck. I hope you enjoy your outing.

F
fisherwilly
I am not sure my work schedule(didn't find out about this week until this week already started:mad:) but I plan to camp and kayak. Even if I can't get a legit camp spot there is always the many forest service roads. I will just see if any camp spots have room for an extra vehicle when I get there and play it by ear. This sounds like a blast.

G
Growbug
With the amount of peeps planning on camping this one, i am SURE that there will be a space for an extra tent or two.

M
Markcanby
Well Im not going to be able to make it. After we get back from the Big-D I will be having to go with my boss on a charter.

W
waco
well maybe the ones that couldn't make it there we can just meet at the Salish Pond ODFW are stocking in the same week with 667 trophy size also!!!

P
Pita
I'm in too. See you all there - sounds like good times! :D

G
Growbug
WARNING.

I have a batch or two of home brew that may be making its way to the event!!!
one is a light stout (4.5%vol) the other is a sweet dark english ale (7-8%vol)

END WARNING.

O
OnTheFly
Growbug said:
WARNING.

I have a batch or two of home brew that may be making its way to the event!!!
one is a light stout (4.5%vol) the other is a sweet dark english ale (7-8%vol)

END WARNING.

No problem! Then we can use the empty pallets for firewood!:D

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
I'll be there. ( Never been to Trillium. ) Most likely just for Thursday, but might be longer. Depends on a number of things

F
firesweep
Do you know if the fishing will be good the same day the lake is stocked?
I will have one heck of a drive and would hate to get skunked or worse. Not have a spot to park or fish.

O
OnTheFly
firesweep said:
Do you know if the fishing will be good the same day the lake is stocked?
I will have one heck of a drive and would hate to get skunked or worse. Not have a spot to park or fish.

There is no set 'day' for stocking, only the week. My guess would be by Thursday the 2nd. After a couple days, the fish should acclimate to the new water and go on the bite. I don't no what's worse than getting skunked and I can't guarranty you won't. Guess it depends on your skills. If you fly fish I may be able to help you out but bait works very well too.There is plenty of parking in the day use areas and lots of elbow space:cool:

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
X2, on the "day of stocking". The actual stocking, can happen on any day of the week that stocking is scheduled.

The only way to know for sure, is to call the ODFW stocking confirmation line and listen to the recorded message. And it that doesn't work (or hasn't yet been recorded); call the hatchery that is in charge of dumping the fish into the lake.

L
Left Bank
I'll be heading out tomorrow (Thursday) after an appointment in PDX and should be there around 1pm. I'll try to hook up with others that are already there so we can secure a walk-in group site if possible. I need to cut it short though and will need to be gone by about 11am on Saturday but hope to meet as many of you as possible and have a good time.

N
ninja2010
Left Bank said:
I'll be heading out tomorrow (Thursday) after an appointment in PDX and should be there around 1pm. I'll try to hook up with others that are already there so we can secure a walk-in group site if possible. I need to cut it short though and will need to be gone by about 11am on Saturday but hope to meet as many of you as possible and have a good time.

left bank... the gathering is next weekend.

L
Left Bank
ninja2010 said:
left bank... the gathering is next weekend.

Hey, I think your right. Got my weeks all mixed up. Guess I'll go this week AND next (hehehe).