Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J
JeannaJigs
autofisher said:
No they don't........ it's about a half mile from the lake...... and yeah I understand that part. I keep forgetting..... I'm still a bank maggot. I need to get a drift boat........ when I have the money.

Haha you can row mine, if you don't kill us...

I'm rethinking my rowing capabilities.

J
JeannaJigs
Left Bank said:
I have a single person dome tent I used to use. It doesn't keep out water as good as it used to and condensates a bit but I'd be happy to tote it along for ya. Better than tarping it.

As long as the weather's decent, I don't mind tarpin' it. Kinda like sleepin' outside :) my pitbull will be joining me...she's responsible for eating my tent. Yes. Ate it. Like...consumed a good portion of it. She's going through a midlife crisis.

L
lilsalmon
I have an extra tent...its older but its kind of cool...goes up like an umbrella...kind of with 8 people helping.....hehe. I am going to try to get there really early if I don't have a job so could save you a spot...who knows...I may be living there...JK

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah if you could save me a spot that would be awesome. Didn't realize it was such a long drive until I google mapped it lol. But ill be there..eventually...if I don't get lost.

O
OnTheFly
I will be fishing Olallie this weekend but I plan to make a post Sunday about the up coming Trillium event. Already there have been concerns about securing campsites. I'm pretty sure I'll be spending the week there starting that Tuesday and I think Left Bank's planning on an early arrival also so we should be able to save spots for the rest of you. Start thinking of possible things you'd like to do such as a gift exchange, pot luck, or simply just singing folk songs around the campfire.(I was seriously joking about that last part:D) Anyhoot, we'll design a game plan and make it happen.:cool:

D
DDR
I've only been there once shore fishing. My best luck was with inline spinners. I'll try to make it for a day. No promises for this busy boy though.

L
lilsalmon
Start thinking of possible things you'd like to do such as a gift exchange, pot luck, or simply just singing folk songs around the campfire.(I was seriously joking about that last part:D) Anyhoot, we'll design a game plan and make it happen.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Darn....no Kumbaya?????? I will come anyway.....

Will save you a spot for you, your tent eating pal, and your tarp Jeanna..... :D

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
OK. Only a month away until the fish OFF at Trillium Lake. I'm thinking that Saturday the 11th will be the night we get together as a group and make a party out of it. What are your thoughts about having a pot luck dinner that night? Also, should we have a gift exchange? Regardless of what we do, I think getting together as a group, telling fishing stories and putting faces to the screen names will be the best part of the event. (well...catching big rainbows rate pretty close to the top also) Any other ideas to make the event more fun are encouraged. Oh! one more thing...I should be able to secure camp sites for some of the late Friday night arrivals. Let me know what your needs will be and I'll go ahead and pay for your site then park my truck or stick a chair in it until you arrive. Any early comers could probably do the same for more of you. If you haven't done so already, check out the web sites on the original thread and concider the sites 45 through 50. These sites are very close to one of the boat ramps. Remember, at 12 to 18 bucks a night up to 6 people can occupy one site, if practicable, then split the cost.

Jim

J
JeannaJigs
web site for the campground isn't loading on my phone for some reason...argh. Uhm, my question is, what kind of parking is there going to be for boat trailers?

And thanks Rose :)

O
OnTheFly
The web site that shows pictures of the sites seems to like to be loaded twice. The first attempt only loads half of the pictures but the second try reveals the rest. All sites look like there is enough room for at least two cars or more. If any over flow parking is needed there is a large parking area (free) outside the gate near Hwy 26.

troutdude
troutdude
Raincatcher said:
:( :( I have a feeling I will be trapped in Lodi,Ca!! :( :( If not,I will promise to eat Brussel Sprouts if I can go! :lol::lol:

Didn't John Fogerty, once write a song about that very dilemma???

O
OnTheFly
troutdude said:
Didn't John Fogerty, once write a song about that very dilemma???

LOL. Then Barb would be not trapped but 'Stuck in Lodi again'..:whistle:

F
fisherwilly
I have only swimmed in Trillium when I worked for a summer snowboard camp up on Hood, and it had dark stained water. Later I heard that it had big trout. Does that dark brown water really hold big trout besides what ODFW stocks in there? If so I might have to make a trip up near Hood to fish with you guys.

E
eggs
fisherwilly said:
I have only swimmed in Trillium when I worked for a summer snowboard camp up on Hood, and it had dark stained water. Later I heard that it had big trout. Does that dark brown water really hold big trout besides what ODFW stocks in there? If so I might have to make a trip up near Hood to fish with you guys.
Hmm I don't ever remember trilium very brown.. sure it want frog lake??
Hijack--- what camp did you work for?? I coached for windells for a couple year like 8 years ago...

O
OnTheFly
'Tea' colored.:)

F
fisherwilly
I worked for HCSC (I am from Bend and everybody from Bachelor works at "Camp") probably like 5 years ago.

Yes I am talking about the tea color. Just wierd.

What flies should I tie up? I don't know my work schedule until the week before, soooo it sounds like fun.

O
OnTheFly
fisherwilly said:
I worked for HCSC (I am from Bend and everybody from Bachelor works at "Camp") probably like 5 years ago.

Yes I am talking about the tea color. Just wierd.

What flies should I tie up? I don't know my work schedule until the week before, soooo it sounds like fun.

Cool, hope you can make it. As you can see from the stocking schedule web site, ODFW stocks trophy fish along with legals throughout the season. The majority of the bigger fish get dumped in just before Labor Day. There will also be holdovers from last year present there too. Tie up some #10 black wooly bugger patterns with green or red crystal flash. Also, try Zug Bugs, PT's, Carey specials, and gold rib hares ear.:)

O
OnTheFly
I would like to ask a favor of any of you that plan to attend this event to please vote on the pole. This will give me a better idea on what to plan for.

Thanks,
Jim

L
llbad
Hey all, I'm new to the forum (and fishing itself). I just had a quick question: when trout are stocked like this, is there a certain time period you have to wait through to allow the fish to become accustomed to the lake before fishing them out? I noticed that the trip you planned is awhile after the actual "stocking" itself and it made me wonder... Also, at what time during the 30th do they actually stock it? Just trying to figure out how these hings work.

Thanks =)

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF.

Stocked trout acclimate quite quickly; usually within a day or two. Then they begin to revert to their natural instincts and act like wild / native trout. At least that is what the author of "Taking Stockers" says, in a recent edition of Outdoor Life.

During the first couple of days bait (power bait/eggs, worms, etc), spinners and spoons usually work well. But, after that they'll switch to more natural "bait" like flies, terrestrials, underwater critters and the like.

In regards to actual time of each stocking, your guess is as good as anyone else's. Trillium is "advertised" in the stocking schedule for the "week of" the 30th. So, the stocking can take place anytime during that week. The actual day, is dependent upon the ODFW hatchery employees. It can happen on Monday. It can happen that Friday. Or it can happen on any day in between.

Good luck and hope you have fun, if you head up there. You'll be fishing side by side w/ some very nice OFF members, and I'm sure that they'll be willing to help you.