Official 2014 Jig Swap

S
SteelyDan's
MMMM those look fishy.

B
bigboy70
Now those are awesome I can't figure how to do tails like that well oh duh lol nevermibd

J
JeannaJigs
Tails are skinny Chinese saddle hackle with Krystal flash

M
mikeee2362
JeannaJigs said:
5usy8u8a.jpg

Here's a preview of the pattern from myself

Those look awesome...I caught my biggest one on a pattern like that, but without the nice tail and flash.

Gonna have to go get a vice and start another....vice. I can see already this is gonna get expensive!! :yikes: :lol:

B
bigboy70
Cheaper to tie your own jigs lol once you get a base going its for me its around .75$ a jig

J
JeannaJigs
I have around $500 in materials in the lab. It can save money if you pour and paint your own heads but otherwise....lol

I just tie because I hate the cheaply made tied in china mass produced cheap for 2.50-3 bucks a piece that fall apart after one fish jigs. Even the nicer tied ones paint always chips off quickly.

Plus they all look the same. I don't want the same crap everyone else is using.

B
bigboy70
Preach on sister lol so true thats my next step start pouring my own heads got spot of lead just need the mold

J
JeannaJigs
Check out the do-it molds, those are what I roll with, many options to choose from

S
steelhead_slayer
I'll give the other a week to respond, but I don't want you all to have to wait too long so I might have to give everyone a extra set of four random jigs or something to make up for the missing participants

B
bigboy70
I think thats the problem I can't decided if I want to get a one with different sizes or a production model

J
JeannaJigs
I only use 1/8th and 1/4, I use. 1/4 more, I've realized fish don't care and it gets it in the zone faster. Just my preference, so if you know what you're going to be pouring the most of, that will be a factor

B
bigboy70
Yea definitely most for me is 1/8oz but I also want to try jigs on some trout this year expanding my horizons lol so might want smaller ones too

W
waco
I hope you get mine today!! It's taking too long!! I know everything goes slower here in Tillamook but didn't thing that the post service too!!

S
steelhead_slayer
waco said:
I hope you get mine today!! It's taking too long!! I know everything goes slower here in Tillamook but didn't thing that the post service too!!

Made it today.

Also steelmonkiller informed me that he was sorry, but couldn't do the swap this time.

So just waiting to great from a couple more participants

B
bigboy70
Well that blows come on guys ya had plenty of time

F
FishFinger
JeannaJigs said:
5usy8u8a.jpg

Here's a preview of the pattern from myself

That's stripped rabbit & Schalapin, right?

Did I misread somewhere that you raised, harvested, skinned, dyed, and stripped them skins' your self?

Your tieing some really sweet jigs these days.

J
JeannaJigs
FishFinger said:
That's stripped rabbit & Schalapin, right?

Did I misread somewhere that you raised, harvested, skinned, dyed, and stripped them skins' your self?

Your tieing some really sweet jigs these days.

Those are indeed rabbit and schlappen,

Bahaha I did almost buy a lot of a about a dozen white rabbits a while back off craigslist for their hides, I was close, then they told me they were a kids pets and I felt bad about my malicious jig tying intent lol. I did start buying whole hides already preserved from a leather supply company here in town and dye and then cross-cut them myself. These used up my remaining stash of strips bought previously from a shop though.

Felt a little awkward tying them while my house rabbit hopped around and watched on under the table. Over the winter I acquired two rabbits as pets, I saved them from death. Oh the irony. The mostly white one I named Jigs...he's the one that watches me suspiciously. He knows.

F
FishFinger
Wes, please keep the extra jig from my batch for hosting this swap.

B
bigboy70
X2 ^

S
steelhead_slayer
Would everyone prefer that I just send the jigs out now? Opposed to waiting to see if anyone else gets there's in this week?