Spring trout fly swap

J
jimmy
so I guess I missed the whole thing.....

nah, I don't think so, I've been needing an excuse to get the vice out. . . .

this time around I'm adding one of these for everyone ( 7 total, right?):

salmonflyflygive.jpg

these are bonus flies, I expect none back ( I snoozed, I loozed )

they're big monsters that are meant for the deschutes salmonfly hatch, and I hope to see a few of you throw em in person come late may.

P.S. hope 'steelhead slayers's addy is the same, and 7 is enough for everyone to get one, if not pm me so I can adjust asap, I'm gonna mail em friday morning (tomorrow)

steelhead_slayer said:
All flies should be in by the 20th, but you said you like to work under pressure. shouldnt be that bad though ten day for 12 flies

anyways, tight lines everyone.... till next time...

~~Jimmy~~

Reactions: steelhead_slayer
brandon4455
brandon4455
wow those are excellent jimmy, ill be going for my first d salmonfly hatch this year hopefully ill be glad to test one out. sure you dont want some nymphs? i havent sent mine out yet i can tie a few extra..

Last edited:
J
jimmy
brandon4455 said:
wow those are excellent jimmy, ill be going for my first d salmonfly hatch this year hopefully ill be glad to test one out. does this mean your in the swap and i should tie 2 e nymphs for ya?

NEGATIVE.... I'm adding these as "extras" if I wanted to be part of the fly swap I should of payed attention, these are a "fly give", I know these fool big redsides into a take, if you'd like to thank me try it out, hook a monster and take a picture.... or better yet, let me watch first hand....

~~Jimmy~~

Reactions: FlyBum
brandon4455
brandon4455
okay i edited my post because i read through yours too fast.. :lol: my bad jimmy thanks for adding these..ill be glad to slay the redsides with it!!! and of course ill take a picture or two

S
steelhead_slayer
very generous of you!! i've been waiting for that hatch impatiently. those gorgeous flies will add to it :D.

F
FlyBum
Sweet, I can't wait for the big bugs either, sooooooo I think I'm headed to the Owyhee next weekend!! :) (if everything pans out right that is)

Just back from work and headed down to the Mail Boxes ect...

S
steelhead_slayer
Oh man that video you posted of the Owyhee really got me wanting get over there

F
FlyBum
Ya, too bad it's a 6 1/2 hour drive from Bend :(

Got an itch that needs to be scratched :)

F
FlyBum
Threw in some extras for ya, there in the red container :)

Thanks for hosting

brandon4455
brandon4455
mine go in the mail tomorrow afternoon!!

F
FishFiddle
Hey Jimmy, Thanks a bunch....I really like that fly, now I just need to schedule in the 'Big D'. If you shoot me a PM with your address I'll be happy to send mine to you.

S
steelhead_slayer
brandon4455 said:
wow those are excellent jimmy, ill be going for my first d salmonfly hatch this year hopefully ill be glad to test one out. sure you dont want some nymphs? i havent sent mine out yet i can tie a few extra..

brandon4455 get a hold of me when your coming this way for that if you want

brandon4455
brandon4455
steelhead_slayer said:
brandon4455 get a hold of me when your coming this way for that if you want

will do bro

E
eggs
damn i have been slacking.. freaking march madness.. i will sit and watch games and tie tonight and try to mail tomorrow or monday for sure...

J
jimmy
mailed, postage: 2.50
envelope: 3.00

I think they charged me by the bubble....

brandon4455
brandon4455
man that stuff is getting spendy isn't it?

S
steelhead_slayer
Here are the flies I have so far . . .
fishfiddle
IMG_0635.jpg
fishfiddle
IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg
steelhead_slayer
IMG_0640.jpg

F
FishFiddle
Whoa Now! That was some quick mail service!! I did not mail them till Thursday AM and you got them today??

S
steelhead_slayer
yeah last swap amazingly most people got their flies back the next day

brandon4455
brandon4455
so sorry for the delay guys.. mine are going in the mail monday afternoon for sure.. again i am real sorry