C
chrome_magnum
Second attempt

• uploadfromtaptalk1416005576627.jpg
N
Native Fisher
chrome_magnum said:
Second attempt

Nice nightmare pattern. Something about that will catch every kind of salmonoid. I have caught chinook, coho, sea run cutts, and of course steelhead on it.

C
chrome_magnum
After looking at all of the patterns I dint know what I should do

J
JeannaJigs
Do whatever you want, that's the beauty of these swaps you can tie literally anything you want. I will be creating something new I've never tied before, and I won't know what it is until I look at all my materials and just start tying with this and that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

B
bigboy70
chrome both are killer patterns for steelhead. Tie whatever we are not gonna judge you I was in your shoes last round and everyone was welcoming to my beaded attern last round which I thought sucked and was reassured and everyone like it calm down breath relax its will all be ok

C
chrome_magnum
Thank you, I just don't want to be the bummer of the bunch!!!

B
bigboy70
anyone else pondering joining do it now! I will be closing the sign up monday! so last chance we still have spots open!

T
troutmasta
chrome_magnum said:
Thank you, I just don't want to be the bummer of the bunch!!!

Prolly me :)

S
Silvers&Steelies
I think this one is going in the swap. My most efficient jig from last year for summers and winters.

J
JeannaJigs
I got out my materials today and perused the inventory and was organizing all my rabbit strips when my house rabbit hopped over and sat on my foot. His name is jigs (not a coincidence, I have plans for that white fur when he's gone lol), I suddenly felt extremely awkward and a little guilty lol. Maybe I'll use just feathers this time around.

B
bigboy70
Hahaha Jeanna too funny I remember you mentioning he was watching you last round too funny!

J
JeannaJigs
He totally sat under the table watching me last time, creepy little turd. It's like he KNOWS. I consciously hid the whole pelts I have bought and dyed and haven't got around to cutting yet. I feel a little weird having a box of his brethren's hides in a box though lol the strips are bad enough but their are about a dozen whole hides lol. I can't help that they are my favorite of God's little creatures to tie onto a hook.

B
bigboy70
JeannaJigs said:
He totally sat under the table watching me last time, creepy little turd. It's like he KNOWS. I consciously hid the whole pelts I have bought and dyed and haven't got around to cutting yet. I feel a little weird having a box of his brethren's hides in a box though lol the strips are bad enough but their are about a dozen whole hides lol. I can't help that they are my favorite of God's little creatures to tie onto a hook.

HAHAHA that is awesome and wow I thought I had a lot of material you put me to shame in just hides. I'm stuck on marabou right now for whatever reason I think its because the length of the rabbit I dont feel like I get as much action as I want. That and we all know materials cost money which when your in our sport seems to disappear very quickly!

Here if all goes as planned I be swinging flies for this years winter run to (started tying some for another member) I do tie small tube drifter things I've seen been deadly just not for me I have a serious bone to pick with winters this year!

B
bigboy70
troutmasta said:
Prolly me :)

highly doubt that bud I tried yours like hell over the summer had a hard time getting anything to bite a jig until recently

B
bigboy70
Silvers&Steelies said:
I think this one is going in the swap. My most efficient jig from last year for summers and winters.

Love it something bought a hint of red thats my signature whne I tie something has to be red even if its little morsal sometimes you have to look hard but its always there!!

B
bigboy70
I will update all the info tonight when I get home with the members that are participating and That will tell you how many jigs to ties l will send a message with my address remember to include RETURN POSTAGE! THANKS EVERYONE FOR JOINING so slackers that want to join you have a few hours left! deadline is dec 15th your jigs must be in the mail by then!

J
JeannaJigs
bigboy70 said:
HAHAHA that is awesome and wow I thought I had a lot of material you put me to shame in just hides. I'm stuck on marabou right now for whatever reason I think its because the length of the rabbit I dont feel like I get as much action as I want. That and we all know materials cost money which when your in our sport seems to disappear very quickly!

Here if all goes as planned I be swinging flies for this years winter run to (started tying some for another member) I do tie small tube drifter things I've seen been deadly just not for me I have a serious bone to pick with winters this year!
Whole rabbit pelts are very inexpensive if you know you're going to use a lot of one color it's pretty cost effective to buy up some pelts and dye the white ones yourself and Jerry rig a little razor roller of death and destruction to cut them into cross cut strips. Very messy cutting though, don't do it inside unless you want to vacuum your whole house multiple times.

B
bigboy70
I can here it now hey babe what are you doing? Making a little razor roller of death and destruction duh hahaha but thanks for the tips ill look into it I hate how much marabou bleeds the dye you done know the real color after you soak them for awhile going through all my materials I realize like 3 outta too many colors are uv the rest are not you notice a difference with it?

J
JeannaJigs
I don't buy into the uv gig lol. Uv catches fishermen, the fish don't care that I don't use uv materials :)

B
bigboy70
OK FOR WHATEVER REASON I CAN'T EDIT MY FIRST POST

This rounds participants include

host: Bigboy70

1. Chrome_magnum
2. Troutmasta
3. Silvers&Steelies
4. SteelyDan's
5. JeannaJigs
6. THE MISSES! (Josie had a last minute change of heart she's in)

Ok everyone check your inbox's for my message!

DEADLINE TO MAIL JIGS IS DECEMBER 15TH!!!
(remember to include return postage)

Thank you to everyone who decided to join in! happy tying! can't wait to see the patterns. Once I have everyone's jigs I will take pictures and post them!