Jig swap! 2013

J
JeannaJigs
So sitting here working the dang graveyard shift doing essentially nothing, I realized it's been 2 years (!!!!!) since we had a jig swap on here, and I decided we have way more people on here tying their own, so it's time to do another one.

The theme? Your favorite steelhead jig, summer or winter.

The Jig swap rules: (same from my previous swaps, keeping it classic)

There are x number of participants; each participant will create x number of identical (winter or summer) Steelhead jigs, one set of jigs for each participant. (this number will be determined when I know how many people are committed)

I need anyone that is interested, to commit to this by the January 12th so we can determine how many jigs each participant will need to tie.

The deadline for jigs to be completed will 4 weeks from the official start date (02/02/13). ALL jigs must be received by me by the end of the deadline

Once you have become a participant, you are committed to finish the jig swap, so please, make sure you have the time, funds, and materials to tie your jigs.

I will PM all participants my mailing address.

All participants must include a self addressed, pre-paid postage bubble mailer envelope with their jigs to receive their set of jigs back. Make sure you provide adequate postage cover the cost of your return package.

As an option you can go to USPS.com and create Priority Mail shipping labels and send it with your jigs, I’ll supply packaging if you choose this shipping method.

Make sure your return package has the correct mailing address and is legible; I will not be responsible for lost packages.

Each jig must be labeled with the participant's O.F.F. name either on a tag on the shank of the hook or written on the bag if bagged.

Once all jigs are received, they get mailed out to the participants.

It's a great oppurtunity to see other's creative works, and gives you the oppurtunity to fish something different.

I for one am in, so who else is in.

N
nativefish
lets put a cap on the number of entries so i would know how many i needed to tie before i decide.

J
JeannaJigs
When I have done these previously 10 has been the cap

N
nativefish
DSCN0021.jpg Think it would get bit?

J
JeannaJigs
Yep! Is there orange in the tip of the tail or just pink? Computer screen at work plays tricks it's hard to see images sometimes.

N
nativefish
its the "flamer" orange and cerise it should be a little longer i think cause when the stuff is layered if the tips meet really close its hard to see the color change at the tip of the tail. and that white ice dub does cool stuff when it gets wet.

Last edited:
N
nativefish
and its not palmered

J
JeannaJigs
Looks pretty good

S
steelhead_stalkers
I like the contrast! Nice little jig.

J
JeannaJigs
Wellll just kidding. Apparently there's no interest. I knew that most of the old members on here have gone to greener pastures because this place is a far cry from what it used to be, but I thought there would be SOME interest. That's what I get for thinking.

Oh well, gets me off the hook of havin' to check in here regularly.

Nativefish, your jig is badass.

J
jesse202505
I wouldn't mind jig swapping. Even if its to one person.