Fly swap ( 1st of 2011)

G
Growbug
got 10 done... my brain now wants TV and not Tying.

L
lilsalmon
dang homework!!!! Midterms coming up. I am going to have a lot of fun with it...thanks for the encouraging words guys......can you put big lips on a fly? :yay:

O
OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
......can you put big lips on a fly?
That would be OnTheFly and yes you can anytime.;)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
^^ haha

J
joesnuffy
WooHoo!!! Flies are in the mail. Now I can sit back and watch the rest of you scramble :p

I bought 2 bubble wrap envelopes (1 for return shippping) and prepaid the postage and it came out to less then $6. Not to bad.

F
FishFiddle
Mine are finished as of Sunday PM.....just gotta package them up. With those soft little emerger wings I gotta put some styro support around them or something, otherwise they will look more like an emer-nymph-bugger.;) than a bat-wing!

O
OnTheFly
FishFiddle said:
Mine are finished as of Sunday PM.....just gotta package them up. With those soft little emerger wings I gotta put some styro support around them or something, otherwise they will look more like an emer-nymph-bugger.;) than a bat-wing!
Try using small sections of drink straws to slip over your flies.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Ok I am gonna get these done soon(tomorrow)...

Yellow/Olive hackle peacock cream caddis stimulator

This was a trial one.. others will be cleaner

brandon4455
brandon4455
you guys are whipping out some cool stuff, i can't wait to start tying my own ... make sure to post pictures of your flies for me... so i can drool over em :lol:

O
OnTheFly
Done! Going to try and get them out tomorrow Thursday 3rd

Last edited:
G
Growbug
Tada - done.
Will get mine sent of Thursday too.

J
joesnuffy
this is working out good guys (and gals?) keep it up!

G
Growbug
Yup, they are now in the hands of Ms USPS lady. She asked me what the contents were, I told her that it was a selection of flies, she started typing in "bulk zippers" until i corrected her.

F
FishFinger
growbug said:
yup, they are now in the hands of ms usps lady. She asked me what the contents were, i told her that it was a selection of flies, she started typing in "bulk zippers" until i corrected her.

lol

L
lilsalmon
Guess I better get going on mine...gotta funeral to go to and then I can get serious.....never do today what can be put off until tomorrow.....is that the way it goes? You guys did a great job...hope mine can measure up.....

F
FishFinger
It a little dark but..... I love this pattern. The Perfect Caddis Variant size 12

DSCN2153.jpg

O
OnTheFly
Nice one!!! I'd drift that one through the Deschutes about 18" under an indicator fly. I already feel sorry for those Redsides.

R
rainbowfisherman
Looks great, it's making me wish I would have gotten into this swap.

B
bigsteel
mine will be going out real soon

E
eggs
All tied up....knock'em out in a night... will send the out Monday..

10 have yellowish saddle hackle and 10 have a grey saddle hackle... same fly just a slight variant on the body shade..