OFFicial 2014 jig swap round 2

C
chrome_magnum
Well went out but no fish on the bank. Saw a few dark chinooks but nothing else. How about you?

C
ChezJfrey
chrome_magnum said:
Well went out but no fish on the bank. Saw a few dark chinooks but nothing else. How about you?

Ugh! I think it's still a tad early and couldn't find one. I too saw a few dark chinook caught, but that was not my interest. Water looked great, but just couldn't locate a steelhead. Shouldn't be long though...

N
Native Fisher
ChezJfrey said:
Ugh! I think it's still a tad early and couldn't find one. I too saw a few dark chinook caught, but that was not my interest. Water looked great, but just couldn't locate a steelhead. Shouldn't be long though...

Dang was hoping you nailed one. I'm heading out fo ra few hours in the morning to give it another shot.

C
chrome_magnum
The river looked amazing today!!! But I didn't have any takedowns, heading out in the bay tomorrow for some crab and salmon.

C
ChezJfrey
Native Fisher said:
Dang was hoping you nailed one. I'm heading out fo ra few hours in the morning to give it another shot.

Hehehe, call me naive, but every cast I was poised and thinking, "This is it...this will be the fish..." then, nothing. Cast after cast had those exact thoughts repeating the entire time. Walked away shaking my head. LOL

J
JeannaJigs
Ugh. I guess I'll do it since the deadline is more than a month off, but don't expect them before then lol. I'll be tying these things up probably the day of. Procrastinator extraordinaire. Not really, but I've got a full plate so it's going to be close. I do have a bunch of extra care bear vomit jigs....but no, I'll tie up you guys a different recipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

B
bigboy70
Whoo! We got 5 now ! Thanks for makin time for us Jeanna!
Also this round call wont get some lane beaded pattern lol I know how to tie now and with a new vise thiamin gonna be badass

J
JeannaJigs
Bead jigs work well, I just don't have the patience to drill out the beads I have and I'm too cheap to buy the right size since I have ten billion of the wrong size lol.

J
JeannaJigs
Dirty little secret: I tie on a $10 pos cabelas vice.

S
steelhead_slayer
Jeanna,
I was just using your jigs from last years swap, and they were like crack for the nooks.

B
bigboy70
I was gonna say you can buy the beads drilled out but I remember them being spend. I use to tie on a cheap starter vice but upgraded to a danvise recently

B
bigboy70
But that was more for me then the actual tying lol I still have my starter now I can tie articulated s flies no problem

C
chrome_magnum
I just drilled out a bunch of UV beads yesterday, such a pain in the butt!

B
bigboy70
Joels jigs sells predrill beads think its 5.00 for 100 beads

J
JeannaJigs
I don't give my money to Joel or his jigs ;)

J
JeannaJigs
steelhead_slayer said:
Jeanna,
I was just using your jigs from last years swap, and they were like crack for the nooks.
Awesome. I have heard that from a couple people I gave that pattern to.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Can someone show a few samples of years past jigs? Thanks Tony

C
chrome_magnum
Yes that would be great for a rookie like me!

B
bigboy70
Here ya go these are them

• uploadfromtaptalk1415983493892.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983503323.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983513035.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983525507.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983536589.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983464163.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983472655.jpeg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415983482938.jpeg
C