Spring trout fly swap

brandon4455
brandon4455
sweet! :dance:

brandon4455
brandon4455
mine wont be shipped until the 17th..hope thats not a problem..idk how long it will take to get there.

S
steelhead_slayer
that will be fine. thanks for the heads up

F
FlyBum
Holey Crap!! when are they due?? The old lady is in town for the weekend :) and we were out at the John Day all day and I haven't had a chance to crank any out. Went 0 for 1 today, kinda slow, the river was on the slight rise :(

S
steelhead_slayer
All flies should be in by the 20th, but you said you like to work under pressure. shouldnt be that bad though ten day for 12 flies

S
steelhead_slayer
My flies are done :yay:

F
FlyBum
Ya, I got the dropper flies done, and I'm working on the BIG bugs, will be done soon :)

F
FishFiddle
Done!! Should be in the mail tomorrow. If I wasn't so lazy I would put up a photo, maybe tomorrow.

F
FlyBum
So, she went back home to P-town a few hours ago, and was able to finish up. So far 1 big nymph and 2 smaller droppers for all. Think I may tie an extra 4th for all, :) maybe tomorrow after work.

S
steelhead_slayer
:clap: thanks flybum!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
all finished.. mine go in the mail saturday..not picture perfect flies by any means but they catch fish thats for sure

E
eggs
i will try to tie them tonight not sure what i am going to tie but i will figure something out.

F
FishFiddle
Flashback Nymph on Size 12 Dai-Riki 700B. FlashbackNymph.JPGFlashbackNymph1.JPG

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice ties fishfiddle & flybum :clap:

F
FishFiddle
Decided to follow example by FlyBum and I tied up another 12...just a soft hackle to maybe use as a trailer. These are size 16 on a Daiichi 1250.SoftHackle.JPG

So you will get 4 flies from me as well. The Flashback will get you down as they have 10 wraps of lead under the thorax and a wire abdomen with the bead head. Fish ON!!!

Reactions: steelhead_slayer
S
steelhead_slayer
thats awesome fishfiddle. Thahks!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i love soft hackles.. nice tie fishfiddle!! i just came up with a damn good dry fly i should have tied instead, so ill just post the recipie so you guys can tie your own. it is a march brown dry. ill have to find my moms camera and see if it has a macro setting so i can post a picture

Hook: tmc 100 sizes 12-14
thread:brown ultra thread 70 denier
tail: 3 pheasant tail fibers
body: brown goose biot (might need to use two biots)
hackle :grizzly dyed brown
wing: pheasant tail ice dub

what i do is post up the ice dub and trim it, then wrap the hackle behind it and infront of it , so it's more like a wing then a post that you would use for a parachute dry, it looks tasty..should be a damn good spring fly the biot body gives it perfect segmentation... can't wait to try it

Last edited:
V
Van
Good looking ties gentlemen.

brandon4455
brandon4455
mine go in the mail later today hopefully

S
steelhead_slayer
sweet i've been checking the mail daily

Reactions: jimmy