Spring trout fly swap

S
steelhead_slayer
I wanted to make the date sooner anyways. That long and a lot of people will start forgetting about it. I'll stop taking entries on wednesday the 7th, which gives us a full week since the thread opened. Then I think March 28th is a reasonably date for everyone to have their flies sent in. Right now 6 people are in. That means only 10 flies to tie so far.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
How about setting the mail-by date to the 20th of this month? I just tied up 25 flies for a one-fly swap that I'm sending out - 2 flies a pop with 5-10 guys to tie for won't take long at all, even if I only did a dozen a night.

S
steelhead_slayer
That would be great and seems very doable, but I know some people may have a lot going on. If no one disagrees with the 20th let's make that the date.

F
FlyBum
Crap that means I have to start unpacking stuff :(

E
eggs
I'm in

S
steelhead_slayer
Two days left to join. We have 7 people in so far

Gunga
Gunga
GungasUncle said:
I'm in. Not sure what I'm tying yet, but I'm in.

hey mark you should tie up our mckenzies paddle wheel fly!!!

S
steelhead_slayer
I'm half way done with my flies assuming no one else joins

brandon4455
brandon4455
just a note- the fly im tying is a variation on the pheasant tail but its a larger size because it is made to imitate a march brown or just an attractor..not a good BWO fly in that size, ive had luck using it in 14-18 for bwos

F
FlyBum
So does that mean 12 flies that need to be tied so far?

S
steelhead_slayer
yes sir

F
FlyBum
I think what I'm gonna do is like a dry dropper, or a two nymph big fly little fly. I don't know?? Just let me know how many to tie :)

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I tied up my dozen flies today. I took Tyler's suggestion and tied up my Paddle Wheel Mayfly with an olive & tan body. Just be warned they probably won't be the prettiest flies of the swap.

brandon4455
brandon4455
well im sure the fish wont mind mark, they arent terribly picky.. ive had flies mangled from catching so many fish they looked like a tiny ass furball a cat coughed up But they continued to catch fish until i replaced them with a fresh one from the box. i look forward to trying your pattern out once dry fly fishing starts up

S
steelhead_slayer
Ok guys the official number is 7 talented tiers involved in this swap. That means everyone has a dozen flies to tie, and get sent in to me by the 20th. I'll PM everyone my address

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Coolbeans man - I'll get them in the mail in the next day or two.

brandon4455
brandon4455
mine will be done shortly, waiting on some extra hooks (thanks doc!) and ill be finished up

S
steelhead_slayer
mine are very close to being done as well

F
FlyBum
Just started tonight, but almost done with the first half of what I will tie. You guys are in for a treat, I'll be tying some of my most successful spring flies since there are only a few participants :)

S
steelhead_slayer
:dance: