Springers in Eagle Creek?

T
tnffishman
no, I went up yesterday and ran into Steve. He said he hadn't had any luck all day and I didn't do any good except an old native silver that put up a pretty good fight atleast. I am goin up tuesday and maybe a few days after that

F
Flymstr
osmosis said:
I think your buddy was having some fun at your expense.
I primarily fish that creek and the clackamas, I feel I have a pretty good concept of what happens there.
Sure, rotten "springers" come into the creek With the coho every year, but there simply is not close to enough water in that creek for chinook to make it in august...
I am sure you know what you are talking about, but I know for sure that Kings do go up the creek in August. Mainly in June, July, but they are still around in August. There is going to be a huge return this year, so keep your eyes open for them in June.:cool:

M
metalfisher76
Thuggin4Life said:
So did you leave a note on his windshield with your insurance info?

Huh? IDK WTF your talkin about. But I`ve given Fishtopher eggs and I was just reminding him who I was. Thank you for your concern in the matter, have nice day.

F
Fishtopher
Haha! More laughs...:lol:

M
metalfisher76
M
metalfisher76
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
I think your buddy was having some fun at your expense.
I primarily fish that creek and the clackamas, I feel I have a pretty good concept of what happens there.
Sure, rotten "springers" come into the creek With the coho every year, but there simply is not close to enough water in that creek for chinook to make it in august...

"originally by Osmosis"
Yeah "this is the first year that they are expecting returns", they said the same thing last year. Thanks ODFW for some more misdirection..
the fish they were spotting were steelhead below the falls. guranteed..
Old colored up winter steelhead - they are trying to get some of the pressure off of the clackamas since fishing has been decent lately and their primary concern is fish making it back to the hatchery so they get their eggs.
This fall there will be rotten "springers" in the mix with the coho just like there was last year, its nothing at all to get excited about.

Flymstr said:
I am sure you know what you are talking about, but I know for sure that Kings do go up the creek in August. Mainly in June, July, but they are still around in August. There is going to be a huge return this year, so keep your eyes open for them in June.:cool:

He does know. He has videos on here, he`s a good fishereman, and a lot of people take a lot of stock in what he says. That`s cool, I`m sure he has helped some folks catch fish. That`s why I get warmed up a bit sometimes. I`ve been fishin that crick many moons too and feel I have a purty good idea as well. BUT, every day is a new day, when someone tells me (like flymstr told me of the springer run in the crick) about fish somewhere I do what Osmosis did, recon, check for myself. The first trip was a bust. I didn`t call my buddy and say BS there are no fish. I called and said, " I suck at this, I didn`t see 1 springer.":D He said " I know you suck at this" and that was it!! My point is that MISDIRECTION is a big word. You can be misdirected by someone not knowing they are doing it. Put your own polarized glasses on and go fish it, it was a blast. I will post pics and vids a plenty of those fights this spring. I GUARANTEE IT!!

F
Flymstr
Springers in the creek

Springers in the creek

Hey just call the hatchery and ask them. They will be straight up with you and tell you how many are coming back. press 4 for Gene and leave a message. He will call you back.

F
Fishtopher
Well thanks Metalfisher and Flymstr for the clarifacation/confirmation. Not too many fisherman out there would step forward with their inside info on a subject like this...:):clap:

I like creek fishin' and all, but I can't wait to get out on Sauvie for some Springers. Ill try to hold on to the excitement till around February some time....:D

M
metalfisher76
Flymstr said:
Hey just call the hatchery and ask them. They will be straight up with you and tell you how many are coming back. press 4 for Gene and leave a message. He will call you back.

Yes dear, I heard you.;)

G
GreenDrifter
Great now there are gonna be snaggers year round on the creek. Thanks guys!

T
Troutier Bassier
Why would someone snag a fish that bites?

T
Thuggin4Life
metalfisher76 said:
Huh? IDK WTF your talkin about. But I`ve given Fishtopher eggs and I was just reminding him who I was. Thank you for your concern in the matter, have nice day.

Sorry man it was a joke. you said you ran ito him at freddy's. get it? guess not.

G
GreenDrifter
Troutier Bassier said:
Why would someone snag a fish that bites?

Why would someone snag a fish that doesn't bite?

F
Flymstr
Kings

Kings

Just because we tell people about the kings, does not mean that the snaggers will be there. We could be quiet about it and they would still come around. The snagging back in the 80's was really bad for the kings, but I think that was a different time, and the snaggers will not return to the creek for Springers. If we all listen to Osmosis, none of us would think there are kings there anyway.:cool:

G
GreenDrifter
I already knew they were there amd have only ever seen 2 other people. I just saying that place has too many dirt bags and once they catch wind of this its ganna look like coho season.

M
metalfisher76
It was getting out, believe me. It sucks, but if there any number of fish in a system the snagger will be there.

O
OnTheDrop
Im overly excited to fish for springers at eagle this year... Just hope it doesn't get hit realllllll Harddddddd like the silvers. And even the winters right now. But im sure it will. Oh well.

F
Flymstr
Springers

Springers

No worries man, not enough people know about them, and the ones that do, don't believe they will be up that high. It will be good this year. The winters are getting hit hard, but not to many getting caught from what I see from others around me.:cool:

M
metalfisher76
Flymstr said:
No worries man, not enough people know about them, and the ones that do, don't believe they will be up that high. It will be good this year. The winters are getting hit hard, but not to many getting caught from what I see from others around me.:cool:

true:cool:

O
OnTheDrop
Yeah lets hope so..