Springers in Eagle Creek?

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
I don't believe he used 4lb test. What kind of truck was it?

well, he asked me not to say..... but hey, its not like he's really gonna get me a date with his sisters best friends aunt. It was a jacked up gmc 1 ton stepside with 44 inch rims and some dick cepeks on it, you can't miss it cause its pink, I guess his girlfriend was british columbias no.1 mary kay dealer last year and won it, but he's had it ever since the meth bust. if you don't believe him look at the speedometer in it..... thats right ... metric, damn smart canadians... switched over without a hitch, anyway he was tellin me how those springers are really raised in a hatchery just outside libby montana and are crossed with golden trout... gives em the ability to stay brite longer, but becouse they are really small trout trapped in a salmons body.... they won't hit anything bigger than a single pautzkies egg on a size 10 eagle claw lazer sharp hook, you have to pinch the barb though.... cause they can see it. see, any story with that much detail has to be true... right?

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
well, he asked me not to say..... but hey, its not like he's really gonna get me a date with his sisters best friends aunt. It was a jacked up gmc 1 ton stepside with 44 inch rims and some dick cepeks on it, you can't miss it cause its pink, I guess his girlfriend was british columbias no.1 mary kay dealer last year and won it, but he's had it ever since the meth bust. if you don't believe him look at the speedometer in it..... thats right ... metric, damn smart canadians... switched over without a hitch, anyway he was tellin me how those springers are really raised in a hatchery just outside libby montana and are crossed with golden trout... gives em the ability to stay brite longer, but becouse they are really small trout trapped in a salmons body.... they won't hit anything bigger than a single pautzkies egg on a size 10 eagle claw lazer sharp hook, you have to pinch the barb though.... cause they can see it. see, any story with that much detail has to be true... right?

That's hilarious! He's a genius. A trout in a salmon body!! It all makes perfect sence. I've been fishing it all wrong. All this time I have spent fly fishing persuing the elusive trout, instead I have caught nothing but chrome bright Springers on #22 chronomids. I think the truck story was far fetched.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
well otf... he's obviously canadian.... and we ALL know what that means..... thats right, he thinks round proccessed ham... is bacon, and we all know you never stand too close to a guy who thinks that... or was it you never stand next to a guy who calls you ham, oops ive obviously hit my drink limit.... and performed a D.B cooper level highjack!!!

M
mgdguy
Springers from Eagle Creek killed my father

F
Fishtopher
Speaking of A.A., I saw him at the fishin' hole today! Almost got his truck stuck right in front of me!! Not on Eagle Creek of course. Just sayin.

F
Flymstr
Man I'll tell you what. I have said it a lot of times. If you don't think the Springers are in the creek this year, then just be quiet about it and just wait and see, or be smart and ask the guys at the hatchery, they will tell you the run is going to be big this year. At least twice the Steelhead run. I am planning on coming home from AK just for this. I would not do this if I did not believe what I know to be true.
Who is A.A???

M
metalfisher76
This is all they will find on the creek after the winter run is over. I can`t keep up this charade any longer. I only said that to keep people away from Dog Creek, where ALL of the fish will be.
STRANGE003.jpg
:tongue:

K
Kodiak
Flymstr said:
Man I'll tell you what. I have said it a lot of times. If you don't think the Springers are in the creek this year, then just be quiet about it and just wait and see, or be smart and ask the guys at the hatchery, they will tell you the run is going to be big this year. At least twice the Steelhead run. I am planning on coming home from AK just for this. I would not do this if I did not believe what I know to be true.
Who is A.A???

The guys at the hatchery have a nasty habit of "artificially inflating" thier numbers to continue the supply of federal money and maintain thier jobs. A.A. was the salmon forum mod at one point . He "plagerized" some photos as his to get some cred. He now helps the hatchery fabricate thier numbers with the numbers of fish that he has fabricated on his line.

H
halibuthitman
awwwww, heck..... who do we choose to believe.... M-76, credible eagle creek guru.... or Flymstr, credible eagle creek guru?....... I actually think that kings will return, not so sure about the fishable numbers for guys who don't live 20 minutes from the creek.... a reguler joe would do better just to stay down in the clack... and I can't imagine Flymstr and M-76 wouldnt agree with this... and Im suprised you haven't met Arctic Amoeba on the water up there... he's kind of a legend in his own mind up on the creek.... and the smart azz post was aimed at the fella askin if any nooks have been spotted up there lately...in feb....

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
awwwww, heck..... who do we choose to believe.... M-76, credible eagle creek guru.... or Flymstr, credible eagle creek guru?....... I actually think that kings will return, not so sure about the fishable numbers for guys who don't live 20 minutes from the creek.... a reguler joe would do better just to stay down in the clack... and I can't imagine Flymstr and M-76 wouldnt agree with this... and Im suprised you haven't met Arctic Amoeba on the water up there... he's kind of a legend in his own mind up on the creek.... and the smart azz post was aimed at the fella askin if any nooks have been spotted up there lately...in feb....

aren`t we all legends?:lol: feb springers in the crick:clap:that`d be cool

E
eggs
I seen 2 nooks last night by my house of all places in the tiny runoff creek about 5 miles from where it empties into Eagle Creek.. they were only half in the water in a pool behind a stick!! I ran up and hand hooked them in the mouth!

DINNNNNNNER!

K
Kodiak
eggs said:
I ran up and hand hooked them in the mouth!

You did what? Kinda like they do at eagle fern?:shock:

B
bigsteel
Why doesn't actic amoeba come around anymore,,,,,is he just full of SH@%,,,,who is he

HHM you can send me some of those chicken strips

H
halibuthitman
eggs is just kidding around....
1. it is illegal to fish and retain steelhead/salmon from a stream or body of water that is not listed in the odfw fishing regs
2. it is illegal to retain snagged or hand caught salmon in any of oregons waters
3. after speaking 3 yrs ago with an officer the described way of catching a fish is in fact snagging
4. this will according to new legislation cause for eggs to lose his hunting and fishing license indefinately instantly.

so we know he is just kidding around

as for A.A,
he calls steelhead "sewer trout"
he thinks coho are harder to catch than steelhead..... wtf?
he keeps the darkest fish i have ever seen and claims they cut good...?
he thinks a smoker can fix bad meat
he has a camera and phone that have a perpetually dead battery.. and so on....

H
halibuthitman
oh... and on the subject of chicken strips... I would like to send some to ya, but they are the sweet azz good ones from costco.... and im a selfish jerk;):lol::lol:

E
eggs
yes i was joking.. lol I enjoy the hunt for fish to much to do something as stupid as that :D

B
bigsteel
halibuthitman said:
oh... and on the subject of chicken strips... I would like to send some to ya, but they are the sweet azz good ones from costco.... and im a selfish jerk;):lol::lol:

oh damn those are the good ones,,,ll have to have a french bread red baron mmmmmmmmmmmmm

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
eggs is just kidding around....
1. it is illegal to fish and retain steelhead/salmon from a stream or body of water that is not listed in the odfw fishing regs
2. it is illegal to retain snagged or hand caught salmon in any of oregons waters
3. after speaking 3 yrs ago with an officer the described way of catching a fish is in fact snagging
4. this will according to new legislation cause for eggs to lose his hunting and fishing license indefinately instantly.

so we know he is just kidding around

as for A.A,
he calls steelhead "sewer trout"
he thinks coho are harder to catch than steelhead..... wtf?
he keeps the darkest fish i have ever seen and claims they cut good...?
he thinks a smoker can fix bad meat
he has a camera and phone that have a perpetually dead battery.. and so on....

Where does it say it`s illegeal to fish and retain steel/salmon from a stream or body of water that is not listed in the odfw fishing regs?

from the book in the Willy zone:"1. Read the Special Regulations for this zone. Special Regulations apply to specific bodies of water or portions of water within a
zone. If specific references to a body of water, species, catch limits, length limits, seasons, or other specifications are not made in
the Special Regulations for this zone, then Zone Regulations apply.":confused::) just wondering, I`ve done it, maybe I missed sumpin?????

F
Flymstr
Kodiak said:
The guys at the hatchery have a nasty habit of "artificially inflating" thier numbers to continue the supply of federal money and maintain thier jobs. A.A. was the salmon forum mod at one point . He "plagerized" some photos as his to get some cred. He now helps the hatchery fabricate thier numbers with the numbers of fish that he has fabricated on his line.

Ok that may be true, but if you know me at all, you know I do not spread crap rumors about fish. With that said, the kings are not federaly managed in this creek. It is state run hatch box. The State will drop in off the bridge at the hatchery, 250,000 smolt sometime in March. They have been doing this now for over 6 years, starting with 110,00 and moving up each year since. The hatchery will not fabricate these numbers because they are not going to the hatchery. They have nothing to do with them at all. The state wants to restart the king run in the creek for revenue from fisherman. The hatchery profits 0 from these fish and they do not handle them, they are let alone to spawn in the creek naturally. believe me when I say, the guys at the hatchery hate these kings because they compete with wild Steelhead and bring disease. I want every one to know about these fish so they can be harvested and not spawn in the creek. I know that is impossible, but we can at least give them hell. Two years ago I came home from AK in August and got 22 kings in one day up by the hatchery. All but 2 were real nice fish still. You have to believe what you want to, but I am telling you this year they are going to be there!!!!! Enough said I hope.

F
Flymstr
metalfisher76 said:
This is all they will find on the creek after the winter run is over. I can`t keep up this charade any longer. I only said that to keep people away from Dog Creek, where ALL of the fish will be.

What the hell D. Why you saying this now, you maka me look bad and you too. Now fess up about the kings. There are more than snakes in June and July.