Springers in Eagle Creek?

C
chodathug
Cool thx- see you guys this fall then!!!

Reactions: OnTheFly
M
mgdguy
I'll be looking for my first Silver this fall as well! :)

S
steelhead_stalkers
Looks like we will all be hanging out together then :)

K
Kodiak
metalmania said:
Right now there's not much to target in there, except for suckerfish and a few nasty steelies. End of semptember into october there will be plenty of coho. Very few LEGALLY caught fish come out of there on spinners. Drift fishing is what really dominates in that creek.

A little birdy perched on my shoulder and showed me this pic from EC last fall..also told me about an extatic 5yr old that did it...green something spinner, hit 7 in about an hour..also a vid out there of it.

P
Padawan
Spinners in EC

Spinners in EC

I caught 7 Coho below the hatchery on EC in a few hours on my dads stupid spinners. I don't like spinners much but it worked. Here's a pic of the one that bonked itself on a rock so kept it. Never mind..attachment not working.

K
Kodiak
Padawan said:
I caught 7 Coho below the hatchery on EC in a few hours on my dads stupid spinners. I don't like spinners much but it worked. Here's a pic of the one that bonked itself on a rock so kept it. Never mind..attachment not working.

here I'll get it up for you

Last edited by a moderator:
T
tnffishman
osmosis said:
Yeah "this is the first year that they are expecting returns", they said the same thing last year. Thanks ODFW for some more misdirection..
the fish they were spotting were steelhead below the falls. guranteed..
Old colored up winter steelhead - they are trying to get some of the pressure off of the clackamas since fishing has been decent lately and their primary concern is fish making it back to the hatchery so they get their eggs.
This fall there will be rotten "springers" in the mix with the coho just like there was last year, its nothing at all to get excited about.

i would love to believe this but a buddy of mine fished it last year in august and got into around thirty springers in August near the hatchery. He said this year would be better

M
metalmania
Troutier Bassier said:
On the Reports it says there are Steel and Springers in the river, A Friend went and Looked in the Hatchery Thing and see 6 Steel. But he only caught 1 Suckker. :mad:

I was up there a few days ago. Not much in there but suckers.

O
osmosis
I think your buddy was having some fun at your expense.
I primarily fish that creek and the clackamas, I feel I have a pretty good concept of what happens there.
Sure, rotten "springers" come into the creek With the coho every year, but there simply is not close to enough water in that creek for chinook to make it in august...

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
here are the pics, he actually got them late july. Hooked 20 in three days or something

O
osmosis
those probably strays came in early in the year and got stuck in deep pools waiting for rain.
there is no perspective to the shots making us know for sure where they are from anyhow.

I can see your buddies line leading to the yarnie stuck to the base the ventral fin on that second pic, thats too bad. hooking them in the ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishtopher
D
davep
OMG...is Ian back

O
osmosis
his "computer virus" lets him participate on all the other fishing forums, just not this one :think:

Last edited:
M
meluvtrout
osmosis said:
his "computer virus" lets him participate on all the other fishing forums, just not this one :think:
:lol::lol:

F
Fishtopher
Look for the guys NOT setting the hook every cast.:lol:

B
beaverfan
When you see me out there it will be fairly obvious. I'm always wearing my lucky Beaver sweatshirt and pants! You may see me set the hook almost every cast but I assure you it's cuz I don't know what the hell I'm doing not cuz im snaggin! LOL

T
Troutier Bassier

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Had to bring this back up...

Just saw some pictures from a friend of mine, and member of this forum, of a few niiice lookin' springers from Eagle Creek!

I believe all the guys out there saying "there aint no springers in EC"....but Ill be fishing for springers in EC in 2010:lol:. See ya there!:)

F
Fishtopher
Serious as a mofo:lol:. I saw the pics on a different site this am. Maybe he'll post 'em on here too.

B
beaverfan
Ya haven't they been planting them for like 4 years or something. Last year was supposed to be the first year with a few returning, this next year I would think they should have a decent run. Should be fun, I'll be out there too.