Springers in Eagle Creek?

B
beaverfan
I know I'm gonna be out there at least a couple times for em.

K
Kodiak
Flymstr said:
Ok that may be true, but if you know me at all, you know I do not spread crap rumors about fish. With that said, the kings are not federaly managed in this creek. It is state run hatch box. The State will drop in off the bridge at the hatchery, 250,000 smolt sometime in March. They have been doing this now for over 6 years, starting with 110,00 and moving up each year since. The hatchery will not fabricate these numbers because they are not going to the hatchery. They have nothing to do with them at all. The state wants to restart the king run in the creek for revenue from fisherman. The hatchery profits 0 from these fish and they do not handle them, they are let alone to spawn in the creek naturally. believe me when I say, the guys at the hatchery hate these kings because they compete with wild Steelhead and bring disease. I want every one to know about these fish so they can be harvested and not spawn in the creek. I know that is impossible, but we can at least give them hell. Two years ago I came home from AK in August and got 22 kings in one day up by the hatchery. All but 2 were real nice fish still. You have to believe what you want to, but I am telling you this year they are going to be there!!!!! Enough said I hope.

I suppose they told you all about the winter run chinook they are trying to establish also. Or the reason they are cutting back the Coho run to 1000 returning adults, or the fact they are starting a fall run of chinook and eliminating hatch winter steelhead. These "other" chinnok runs are being brought in purely for revenue. You see thats what the federal gov. pays the best for. Thats why certain groups are trying to subsdedise the funding for the coho and steelhead. Don't kid yourself. It's not about the sportsman. It's about federal dollars from the government and supplying commercial non-renuable/sustanable practices with a subsdidy. Besides when it becomes an all "naitive" run there not gonna let you touch it.

M
metalfisher76
Kodiak said:
I suppose they told you all about the winter run chinook they are trying to establish also. Or the reason they are cutting back the Coho run to 1000 returning adults, or the fact they are starting a fall run of chinook and eliminating hatch winter steelhead. These "other" chinnok runs are being brought in purely for revenue. You see thats what the federal gov. pays the best for. Thats why certain groups are trying to subsdedise the funding for the coho and steelhead. Don't kid yourself. It's not about the sportsman. It's about federal dollars from the government and supplying commercial non-renuable/sustanable practices with a subsdidy. Besides when it becomes an all "naitive" run there not gonna let you touch it.

He said "for revenue FROM fishermen" NOT for fishermen. Nobody is kidding themselves as to why the fish are there. I said it a long time ago in the thread that I want these fish caught because of the native steel. no one in the gov. cares about them. $$$$ we know, is the deal, always is always will be. It looks as though your arguing with a guy who is on the same side as you.:confused:

M
metalfisher76
Kodiak said:

Flymstr said:
What the hell D. Why you saying this now, you maka me look bad and you too. Now fess up about the kings. There are more than snakes in June and July.

haha, got you????? That was a joke. I was gonna let go though, thanx;) Do I gotta put up another pic of my brother holding a springer from up there?? I`ll do it.

M
metalfisher76
SPRINGERTIME004.jpg
pretty low water people! springer on!!!!:lol:
stuff010.jpg
even lower water people! springer on!!!!
kill `em all!!!

K
Kodiak
metalfisher76 said:
He said "for revenue FROM fishermen" NOT for fishermen. Nobody is kidding themselves as to why the fish are there. I said it a long time ago in the thread that I want these fish caught because of the native steel. no one in the gov. cares about them. $$$$ we know, is the deal, always is always will be. It looks as though your arguing with a guy who is on the same side as you.:confused:

Wasn't trying to argue...just pointing some things out....wondering when the winter chinook will show.

M
metalfisher76
:rolleyes: they are there now!!:lol:
Just pointing things out? Like????? The fact that you feel mislead by a government agency, :shock:

F
Flymstr
Kodiak said:
Look man I have fished and studied this creek for too many years to listen to this. There is no winter run of Chinook in the creek and never has been. You think I am just talking out of my ass your wrong. The feds have nothing to do with these kings!!!!!!! and that's that. Yes they will cut it off when it is all native can't so anything about that. As far as the Steelhead go, I really think it would be better for you to learn about this first. They are releasing Steel this year, and they will not tell you this, but I know they have the funding for the next 2 years after also. So I don't know what you have heard, but I do know what is up. I don't care about the COho really and have never paid attention to the numbers or the reports of future returns, so you may be right on that one.

O
OnTheDrop
im gunna nail so many springers!

M
metalfisher76
T
Troutier Bassier
I dont have a good feeling about it,.....

H
halibuthitman
metalfisher76 said:
Where does it say it`s illegeal to fish and retain steel/salmon from a stream or body of water that is not listed in the odfw fishing regs?

from the book in the Willy zone:"1. Read the Special Regulations for this zone. Special Regulations apply to specific bodies of water or portions of water within a
zone. If specific references to a body of water, species, catch limits, length limits, seasons, or other specifications are not made in
the Special Regulations for this zone, then Zone Regulations apply.":confused::) just wondering, I`ve done it, maybe I missed sumpin?????
well last year I got busted for retaining a fin clipped steelhead that I caught in a small stream near rainier.. was called in and was met by an officer who confiscated my fish but did not give me a ticket cause he could not show me in the regs I had iin my truck that it was illegal, so I called to find out more... and in fact was informed that if a stream or river is not listed by odfw it is assumed that it is closed for retention, and most likely closed for all fishing with the exeption of trout/cutts in their appropriate season
so.... take it for what its worth... but there are 6 streams I no longer fish unless trout is open and I "accidentially catch a steelhead.

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
well last year I got busted for retaining a fin clipped steelhead that I caught in a small stream near rainier.. was called in and was met by an officer who confiscated my fish but did not give me a ticket cause he could not show me in the regs I had iin my truck that it was illegal, so I called to find out more... and in fact was informed that if a stream or river is not listed by odfw it is assumed that it is closed for retention, and most likely closed for all fishing with the exeption of trout/cutts in their appropriate season
so.... take it for what its worth... but there are 6 streams I no longer fish unless trout is open and I "accidentially catch a steelhead.

That sucks! But why I wanted some clarification. It doesn`t make any sense really. If ya get a stray hatch in a stearm like that you should be able to harvest it without any problems. And while I hear what yer sayin: "i got sc****d", basically, I thank it`s fairly clear for the JUDGE yo see:
"• Zone Regulations – Apply to entire geographical
areas. There are nine zones in
Oregon.
2. If a body of water is not listed in the Special
Regulations for the zone, check the Zone
Regulations"
and we go on through the book:
"Catch and
Possession Limits:
Catch and possession limits apply to all waters and across Zone boundaries and apply to all fish and shellfish
in possession regardless of condition. This includes fish and shellfish which are fresh, and when lawful, frozen,
canned, smoked or otherwise processed"
since you were in the NW zone:
"Regulations for this zone:
1. Angling for all species in streams above tidewater is restricted to artificial flies and lures May 22-Aug. 31. See exceptions for use of
bait in Siletz, Nestucca, Trask, Wilson, John Day, Lewis and Clark, Youngs and Klaskanine rivers, Big and Gnat creeks, and Three
Rivers.
2. Use of bait allowed in bays and tidewaters year round.
3. Anglers may not continue to angle for jack salmon or trout after retaining a limit of adult salmon or steelhead."
So, I see artificial flies and lures. But had it went to court, you would have won, I`m sure. Not that it`s worth it over A SINGLE STEELIE!, but cops like that need to be beat a couple times for lame crapment like that! Get his name and badge?? That s*** eats me up. O THE POWER:rolleyes:

S
skunk
Metalfisher, here's what I've always gone by. At the start of each zone in the regs, there is a spreadsheet that lists species, catch limits, lengths and other specs, and season. Under steelhead/salmon the season states "

Closed in all waters
unless noted by
species under
Special
Regulations

Not sure but that seems to me that non listed bodies of water are closed.

A
adambomb
I agree with skunk, I always understood the regs to mean that if a body of water isn't named in the special regs, or listed as closed, it falls under the zone regulations, and the zone regs are as he stated. On the other hand, if I caught a stray hatchery fish in a body of water that does not receive any stocking, you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna bonk it and take my chances. All hatchery fish must die!!!

M
metalfisher76
skunk said:
Metalfisher, here's what I've always gone by. At the start of each zone in the regs, there is a spreadsheet that lists species, catch limits, lengths and other specs, and season. Under steelhead/salmon the season states "

Closed in all waters
unless noted by
species under
Special
Regulations

Not sure but that seems to me that non listed bodies of water are closed.

THAT`S what I`ve been lookin for! That`s too far right! Thanx. I feel the same way about hatchery fish, but a ticket is a ticket.

S
skunk
Yeah, that's a tough one, bonk hatcheries but avoid the ticket. Remember everyone watches us with a magnafiying glass and we gotta uphold good sportmanship so we don't loose our privaliges.

E
eggs
No fish in the creek... this thread is BS!

M
metalfisher76
eggs said:
No fish in the creek... this thread is BS!
:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
cough cough cough