T
Troutier Bassier
ehh, In 2 years it should be decent.

T
Troutier Bassier
Eagle Creek Question?

M
metalmania
The hatchery recieved 50 fish this year, but it should be better next year.

M
metalfisher76
osmosis said:
I fished Ec this morning just so that I could verify for sure. I fished every deep dark green hole in my usual 5 mile or so spot I fish regularly. I landed 5 for 6 fish on - All Steelhead...
I was wearing polarized glasses and could count the rocks on the bottom of every spot in there. Pretty low and clear.. I saw plenty of little 6lb ugly winters but there were/are no Chinook in there. In a couple spots I saw clouds of suckerfish as well.

Hey guys....
003.jpgstuff011.jpg09011.jpghuh011.jpg
1 of the fish above was in the hole in this video. Had to leave the other one.
th_huh010.jpg
That is my 2 cents on the subject. Believe, don`t believe it. Don`t matter, I know the guys at the hatchery well and don`t feel like they mislead me at all. I didn`t even go to the Clack for springers this year.

F
Fishtopher
Well there he is. I thought he woulda seen this and posted em sooner...but at least he posted em:lol:.

Some nice lookin' springers ya got there bud!

All on the fly rod?

B
beaverfan
Freakin' awesome!!! Can't wait for Springer season!

F
Fishtopher
This thread is a hilarious read all the way through! LMAO!:lol:

B
beaverfan
I know it's funny how opinions can change! LOL

M
metalfisher76
Fishtopher said:
This thread is a hilarious read all the way through! LMAO!:lol:

Yes, I was LMAO too. I like how you didn`t say who or where I was and then someone else posts a link to my post at the other site. No big deal:D The fly is all use up that high. I don`t know where osmosis was fishin it but I was UP`ER around the same time. It doesn`t actually take much rain to make them go, at night, I figure. And it doe`s rain in June. Heck I catch Summers out of a creek I can pee across the same time of year. I`m not sayin it was lights out fishin but I tagged 12 from that crick. Here`s a vid I have on youtube already.
YouTube - metalfisher76's Channel
And my bro
SPRINGERTIME001.jpg

F
Flymstr
Eagle Creek Kings

Eagle Creek Kings

Ok, to all of those that don't know what you are talking about, let me tell you something. 7 years ago a private State organization put in 110,000 King fry into Eagle Creek to reintroduce a native king run. After the first year, there was a release of over 200,000 fry into the creek, just below the hatchery. This has continues for the last 7 years These pics were taken in 08 when the first return of these kings came back. Last year there were about 600 back to the creek. This year it is estimated that the return will be between 2,000 and 25,000 at optimal return of 10%. Should be like back in the 80's. The Salmon in the pics are from August, after the main run. I came back from Alaska just to see if they were coming back, and they were. Sometimes you do snag a fish now and then, the hole we were fishing, must have had 30 fish in very small area, so it happens, "Was released unharmed". We got into about 20 fish that day, throughout the creek. They were every where we looked along the way. If you go in late june or july, you will!!! get fresh bright kings, and some will be darker, but all you guys go out after those nasty Silvers, so what the hell. There is no better fight than a king in a small creek, on a fly rod.
Before you respond to the king thing, call Eagle creek hatchery, 503-630-6270 and ask them. Push 4 for the person to talk to, leave a message for Gene if he does not answer, he will call you back. Then get on here and talk about the kings in the creek, and see if you change your tune. If I say there are fish there, then they are there, I don't play with people like that!!!!. By the way tnffishman. "Where did you get these pics?" I don't post fin hooked fish, even though it happens, people always take it the wrong way, and accuse those that are innocent, of purposely doing this.

F
Flymstr
Kings

Kings

By the way, to say the hatchery took in 50 fish this year is rediculous. They do not take any kings into the hatchery, it is closed that time of year. The Kings are left to spawn in the creek, eventually destroying the Native Steel population. Maybe they got them with the coho, but they were really late, or clack falls that strayed.
:naughty:

M
metalfisher76
Flymstr said:
By the way, to say the hatchery took in 50 fish this year is rediculous. They do not take any kings into the hatchery, it is closed that time of year. The Kings are left to spawn in the creek, eventually destroying the Native Steel population. Maybe they got them with the coho, but they were really late, or clack falls that strayed.

And there he is. The native steel thing is the reason I went ahead and spilled MY beans about this. I have other places to fish if I need. People don`t think there are fallies in the Clack either bud, so whatever. They are very rare but around some years. Had one chase a fly just above Faraday in Sept. CHROME! Springer? I think not.
Anyway, springers in that little creek is exactly what I get excited about! And to think flymstr, or odfw wants to mess with someone to keep them from the honey holes on bigger water is redonkulous! Flymstr and I catch a plethora of fish on that creek and would not CARE to mislead anyone.

M
metalfisher76
tnffishman said:
I didn't notice the fish was foul until Osmosis pointed it out.

About the "FOUL" anyone who fishes honey holes knows it happens. I`ve watched flymstr pull out of hundreds of fish. I`ve had fish so tired from the trek you can`t, and they turn over, even 8lb won`t break :cool: To think someone is snagging cninook, on purpose with an 8wt...... never frikin mind. There are chinook in that creek, um, period

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
metalfisher76 said:
About the "FOUL" anyone who fishes honey holes knows it happens. I`ve watched flymstr pull out of hundreds of fish. I`ve had fish so tired from the trek you can`t, and they turn over, even 8lb won`t break :cool: To think someone is snagging cninook, on purpose with an 8wt...... never frikin mind. There are chinook in that creek, um, period

So are you the Steve he's talking about in the article from the link?

M
metalfisher76
Fishtopher said:

No, Damon is the name.

M
metalfisher76
Fishtopher said:

and I just ran into ya at Fred Meyer:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
I was so stupid back then. Well, I still am.

M
metalmania
Flymstr said:

I was told that by the manager of the hatchery. He said his estimate was that 50 adult fish returned to the hatchery. Whether that's true or not I don't know, that's just what he told me.

T
Thuggin4Life
metalfisher76 said:
and I just ran into ya at Fred Meyer:lol:

So did you leave a note on his windshield with your insurance info?

F
Flymstr
Yeah I saw that later. I am not mad at you. Just did not know that I posted that pick. See ya there T. Did you do anygood today?