Lower Clackamas River Fishing

C
ChezJfrey
TeamRamRod said:
I got a 27" buck hatchery this mornin. Seen 6-7 fish caught before 9 o'clock. Jeff, I bet you can guess what I caught it on :) Hahahahaha

Cool deal...almost pulled a repeat on ya this afternoon though, didn't I? Went 100 yards below you, and boom, fish on a spoon. Alas, almost as quickly, a leap and head shake, and fish off. Sigh...

T
TeamRamRod
#teamdeath! Jeff, get ahold of me bout the smoked fish. Got a couple ideas.

J
Jiggy
Yah, i thought I'd try riverside this morning. No success, then I drove by the lower clack and there's fish laying all over the bank! Good day for some, not so much for the jigster. Congrats to whoever got to be a part of that bloodbath! Good luck

T
TeamRamRod
This guy! Bout 8 in the mornin. Should prolly put a pic up.

D
dozer365
No pic no fish. Rules is rules.

T
TeamRamRod
Ugly sob!

J
Jiggy
I'd take it! If it's steel on the end of the line I'm happy! Whatever your doing its working great. What are you getting em on?

C
ChezJfrey
Jiggy said:
I'd take it! If it's steel on the end of the line I'm happy! Whatever your doing its working great. What are you getting em on?

I believe I can answer that...many fish are hitting a nightmare jig pattern (white head, black/red body). I think he told me that one in particular hit a chartreuse/green head with a black/red body. Peach flavored jigs are also doing well, and also a few with a pink worm. I've also heard that a guy had 5 or more hookups with an orange bead.

Another guy recently nabbed a brute of a native with a #5 spinner, black body/silver blade.

Then of course, some guy has nailed a few with a spoon :)

Last edited:
T
TeamRamRod
All mine have been on a nitemare. Some with white heads, some with green.

J
Jiggy
Thanks guys. The pink worm has served me well, I can't catch a cold on a nightmare pattern. I obviously need to try harder with that pattern. I think the nightmare is a # 63 aero, the pink # 65 is very effective also. I might have the numbers backwards though. I've had good luck on yarnies in the dirtier water, but nuttin today. Good luck

T
TeamRamRod
It's been slow. Takin a day off steel to do some bass fishin on the willy. Teachin the ole lady to be a pro haha I'll be on the clack this week. Hopefully it'll pick up. If not ill stay home and tie jigs haha good luck y'all and happy Easter!

C
ChezJfrey
TeamRamRod said:
It's been slow. Takin a day off steel to do some bass fishin on the willy. Teachin the ole lady to be a pro haha I'll be on the clack this week. Hopefully it'll pick up. If not ill stay home and tie jigs haha good luck y'all and happy Easter!

Slow? Pffft....went 1 for 2 today and felt like it was my own private playground; nobody about for hours. Also saw a native hooked and released.

S
Silvers&Steelies
I got no hook ups on Friday except for some garbage around Cross Park. I might try tomorrow around noon but not sure if I'm gonna try the Clack or Sandy. It sounds like you guys are doing better than me.

Last edited:
T
TeamRamRod
Jeff, in the normal spot, nothin was caught yesterday. The past few days have been slow compared to normal days. That's what I ment. I'll be out tomarow evening. Hungover, but I'll be out.

D
dozer365
It was so slow today that I only saw 3 fish hooked between the 3 guys down there for the two hours I was out. Pls tie me some nightmare and or peach/white 1/8 jigs. I'll fish them for u along with chezJfrey and post pix of ur gear in a fishes mouth. Lol. Good luck this week ramrod. Lol such a funny handle. Anyway I'll be bringing my boy down in the evenings after work. He's so addicted after that native today and his missed bobber down. He's is still bitkering to himself about it. Lfmao. He's literally hooked now.

Last edited:
T
TeamRamRod
^^^ hahaha he thinks ill make him jigs for free. That's funny hahah I'll hook ya up, cuz that's what bro's do, but it ain't for free! That goes for Jeff too! Team RamRod! Whoop! BOOYA!

S
Silvers&Steelies
I was gonna try the Clackamas today but decided to go on a hike down to the Sandy. Got a nice hen this afternoon.

T
TeamRamRod
My buddies first ever hatchery hen this mornin

J
Jiggy
I was fishing next to him the other day! With those ear "plugs"? He's hard to forget! What a cool kid, I'm glad he got a keeper. Hope to see you guys out some time.

T
TeamRamRod
I'm usually with him! If you see me out, gimme a holler!