Lower Clackamas River Fishing

C
ChezJfrey
I got shut out today after work, but a little bird told me a certain someone on this thread went 2 for 3! And the other picked one up too. I'd congratulate them, but I'm still tryin' to wash the stink of skunk off me ;)

Nice work there, guys...solid fish.

W
waco
I wish it was me with that great report but nope! :( I didn't get anything but at least I saw one steelhead jumping! Btw lots of people in the lower clack!

T
TeamRamRod
That was me! 27in hatch hen, and a smaller native. And lost one. Whoop whoop! Team Death!!

D
dozer365
Let's see the fish flicks. I know ur still awake. Post ur pix. Chez ur next buddy. I'm taking my son tomorrow. See if we can one on his tag.

J
Jiggy
Congrats! I haven't touched a fish in 2 weeks. I got that cold crappola that's going around, then the wife got it! But I'm back! Lets see the pics though you slacker, I need some motivation.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice feeesh

J
Jiggy
Nice! What were you using? drift fishing? That's a great day, congrats!

T
TeamRamRod
Team Death! Haha you had a good day man! Chromer for sure. I can smoke it for ya if you want.

J
Jiggy
You animal! I wasted the night at riverside. Earlier I had good luck on the pink worm and bobber, I think I need to change tactics. Are you getting these in deeper water or shallow? I'm doing something way wrong! I think I'm going to start trying to learn drift fishing because I'm stinking up the place! Congrats!

T
TeamRamRod
Thanks man! I was fishin bout 6 ft down. Hopefully I'll get more pictures here soon.

J
Jiggy
I finally got a turn! Picked a little hen up tonight. Turns out you can catch a fish in a mud puddle! I got a new reel and had to work it. This was the first fish I've got drifting. I still don't know what I felt when I hooked it. All I know is it was awesome! Good luck!

T
TeamRamRod
It's your turn to post a fish pic, lets see it! Apparently nobody has been catchin any. Or just to poon assed to show off the chrome.

J
Jiggy
image.jpgOk ok, my bad, I didn't have a photographer with me so I snapped a Quickie with my phone. She was little but a lotta zip!

W
waco
You have to keep native fish on the water man!

J
Jiggy
I screwed up, I got excited and laid it down to snap a pic. I shouldn't have even done that. She swam away really strong if it means anything. But I'll do better next time.

T
TeamRamRod
Perdy lil thing. Get your hands wet before you touch em. If you do. I usually get in the water with em, wet hands, quick pic, and let em swim! If its barely hooked, I just pop it out and don't bother with a picture or anything. Water needs to drop and I'll be back out.

Reactions: waco
J
Jiggy
Good advise, see ya out there. It should be a good weekend!

D
dozer365
Headed down to our spot. Gonna take my son. It fished good yesterday. No takers. But was at a good walking speed. Saw two roll yesterday in the soft water below the pillars.

J
Jiggy
Good luck, been out today, no takers. Trying drifting a yarnie, might have to go back to the bobber.

T
TeamRamRod
Had the flu bug the past few days. And the girlfriend is leavin for a week on Monday. So I'll be hittin the river all week. Hopin for more blood on the rocks!