Lower Clackamas River Fishing

S
Steeliekiller
What's the river looking like after this rain? Wondering if its worth the drive out there.

D
dozer365
It's in it way to 16 feet here shortly. It's been around 12.5-13.5 the last month. I'd say under rivermill or dog creek would be the only things worth it.

C
ChezJfrey
Steeliekiller said:
What's the river looking like after this rain? Wondering if its worth the drive out there.

For what it's worth, I'm not gonna bother trying today.

J
Jiggy
ChezJfrey said:
For what it's worth, I'm not gonna bother trying today.
Good call! I went out for a little bit, lower, and mid way. I love a high and dirty playground but it rose about 4" or more in front of my eyes. I was thinking to myself how the turbidity looked good for how high it was. It was shocking to see how much mud and water came down like a wall of crappola! I'm out until it starts going down! Good luck

D
dozer365
Gonna run eggs tomorrow. Headed out to explore and see if I can't relocate the couple dozen fish I spotted Friday.

J
Jiggy
The turbidity is up to ten, started out at two this morning. Bring some stinky ones bro! Good luck

J
Jiggy
The water level is coming down! Can I get a drum roll please?! It's gonna get good! I went out tonight for a bit. Found some tiny pocket water to throw at. No luck, tomorrow might be good.

W
wyze
Hi, my name is Dan I have been fishing the lower clack now since febuary 1st 12 hookups and five of those were ether wild fish or broke off just as i got my hands on it the rest I lost. This is my first keeper steelhead. I caught her on a brass spinner five feet off the bank down river from highrocks. 2013-04-08 19.10.58.jpg

T
TeamRamRod
I'm gonna hit the water tomarow. Hopefully I can touch somethin. Gotta fish, it's an addiction! Haha hit me up if you go out! Best of luck!

S
Steeliekiller
Ill probably head out tonight, sounds like the river is starting to look not so dirty. Plus have a new rod to try. Hoping to hook up. "Being at the river is like an awesome party, and hooking up makes it kick a$$."

T
TeamRamRod
Holy moly. Went out tonight. It's high. That's all I gotta say.

C
ChezJfrey
TeamRamRod said:
Holy moly. Went out tonight. It's high. That's all I gotta say.

Ya gotta hang with us...I gotta bump pretty quick after showing up, but after two rod shakes was gone. Then picked up a nice looking nate with a pink worm...don't tell Adrian, I'll never hear the end of it ;) Dozer's got the pics.

R
rippin fish lips
ChezJfrey said:
I gotta bump pretty quick after showing up, but after two rod shakes was gone.

Good job on the nate buddy. I hooked into my first summer the other day only to have it destroy me and break me off. Few days later, hit the willy... got a bump pretty quick after showing up and after walking up on 2 summers on the bank, 1 holdover 1 fresh. Just like yours, after to rod/head shakes and a nice tug, fish was gone! 0-2 now. Always seem to get stomped on my first few hook ups.

End Hi-jack. I dont know about the clack, but know Chez knows it to a good extent you might be able to squeeze something out of him.

T
TeamRamRod
Y'all never hit me up anymore! Been fishin by myself.

C
ChezJfrey
Shoot me a #...I'm thinking Sunday morning.

Today's fish:

1365657855977.jpg

T
TeamRamRod
Fishin with my gf, brother, and nephew Sunday man! Might hit it Saturday. I know exactly where y'all go. Kenny and I have been there a few times.

D
dozer365
I'm telling Adrian about ur nasty worm problem. Lol. That is a good looking pic of that brute. Nice choice to move down btw! Tony a phone works both ways. Besides I honestly thought u were trout fishing with the lady for some reason. But I see that it appears to be sunday ur doing that. I think the "Nancy Hole" will be holding a good number of mixxed wild an clipped fish. They have been there the last 3 trips. U should take ur lady up there and have her run a bobber jig. Or are u afraid she will out fish u there like she does at meldrum. Haha jk kinda

Btw I only had one dry sock by the time I got home cuz I had to help u with that Nate. I just couldn't help myself. Had to find u fighting a fish. Lol.

T
TeamRamRod
Looks like I'm only trout fishin one day. Brother and nephew cancelled. So I'll be at the ole mighty nancy hole either Saturday or Sunday.

T
TeamRamRod
today's catch. 31in

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice. I haven't been able to fish this month, gotta move and it's killing me. My coworker invited me on his boat but couldn't go and he got a springer right above meldrum bar so they might be trickling in the clackamas.