Lower Clackamas River Fishing

T
TeamRamRod
Anyone been out or doin any good? I live in Gladstone and fish from the mouth, and up past high rocks and all over inbetween. I got a lot of free time, if anyone's lookin for some company, or want to swop some info, let me know. Fishin by myself is gettin a lil boring haha
Tight lines y'all!

S
Steeliekiller
I've been fishing that same area, I'm new to this area as well and have yet to pull any steel and dont really know any other parts of the Clack. I'm used to fishing the north santiam river and unfortunally it's it bit of a drive to fish it all the time.

T
TeamRamRod
I hear ya! Gimme a holler if you ever want to wet a line!

S
Steeliekiller
I pretty much hit the river on the weekends since I work all week an never get the chance to go after work.

S
Silvers&Steelies
I don't get to fish much on weekends and have been fishing a little higher on the Clackamas. I also work graveyard but I work next to Riverside park and can probably meet in the mornings but hard for me to fish all day. If anyone wants to join me on the bank just shoot me a PM. I focus more on fishing during the weekdays but will hit the river if the conditions are right on weekends.

N
nw5785
Where is high rocks? I just started learning about this waterway last week.

T
TeamRamRod
High rocks is here in Gladstone. Behind Oxford Suites hotel.

C
creature
ill go

ill go

TeamRamRod said:
Anyone been out or doin any good? I live in Gladstone and fish from the mouth, and up past high rocks and all over inbetween. I got a lot of free time, if anyone's lookin for some company, or want to swop some info, let me know. Fishin by myself is gettin a lil boring haha
Tight lines y'all!

ill go, i am currently trying to find where to fish on the clackamas, i normally go out to the lewis river or the wilson and trask and would like someone to show mw where to go on the clackamas. i live just off 82nd. maybe we can swap some good info while nailing some steelies!

E
Explorer21
I'm hitting the clack tomorrow. Going to stay to the lower. Hoping they decide to hit this time.

T
TeamRamRod
Any luck?

F
FishNinja
TeamRamRod said:
Tight lines y'all!

Honestly I think you should start fishing a bit higher. There are times when the lower river is better but not very often. For an extra 10-15 minutes drive time your chance at catching would substantially go up. There's a reason why not a whole lot of people spend much time on the lower river.

T
TeamRamRod
Goin out tomarow if anyone wants to join. Lower clack area.

E
Explorer21
Ya i made it out last thursday.. Went to riverside with nothing to show not even a bobber down. Then moved around and found a new hole just above some rapids with a nice shelf on it. Had bobber down, Only to find out my reels drag wasn't working, needless to say i lost the fish. I'll be hitting the lower clack on Sunday again. Waiting for that paycheck to get a new reel or i'd be out today! Will start to hit higher on the clack next week. Thats when it heats up for me.

T
TeamRamRod
Awww man that sucks. I don't mind the lower, seein as though I grew up on it, knowing the fish venture in to get clean water, and just the fact they gotta travel through to get higher up. But I definitely like fishin higher. Got a few spots around McIver and higher. Hopefully this next week of rain will move some fish in!

T
TeamRamRod
Blown out and poopy lookin if anyone's Wonderin haha

S
Silvers&Steelies
I'm gonna check it out today. Probably gonna check out Carver to see what the river looks like with little hope that it's not blown out. Probably gonna do Eagle Creek if it's fishable but yesterday it wasn't. This weekend should be good but I bet it's gonna be packed with boats and bankies wherever you go. I tried yesterday but everything was blown out, I didn't even put a line in the water. I suppose I will take my plunking stuff if it's still too high and thats what I'm limited to.

J
Jiggy
You called it! B n B's galore! But a great day of practice casting anyway. I'm new to steelhead and trying the bobber and worm setup. Any pointers, besides putting in my time?

S
Silvers&Steelies
Move around and change it up. I'll do the pink worm for a while then switch to some jigs or some egg roe. I also rig up different poles for different setups depending on water level and clarity.

J
Jiggy
I knew that i needed to diversify but wasn't sure what would be the most effective. Thanks for the tip.

F
flytrekker1007
When I run my bobber and worm I make sure I put 3 to 4 BB size split shot on my leader(spaced evenly apart). This will keep your worm inline with the float during the drift, and also keep it close to the bottom since the worms like to float up.