1st Annual Fish OFF

1st Annual Fish OFF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W
wormosa
detroit lake/big cliff

detroit lake/big cliff

i was by those two places today and the water is soooo low at big cliff, just a heads up if you do not know....

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Here fishy-fishy

Here fishy-fishy

Hmmm,that's okay. Just means the fish are more concentrated and fewer jet skis. :clap::clap: Works for me. :dance: :lol:

Be safe.
Barb

F
FernRidgeChamp
how windy is this lake? i'm on a pontoon and thinking of attending. if I catch enough fish and don't need to buy food i can get away with it. ha ha.

FRC

W
wormosa
in the evening it is real windy, the morning not bad at all....i fish out of a 12 ft alum and we did fine with the jet skis and ski boats LOL

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Do you smell that? It's fish....

Do you smell that? It's fish....

FernRidgeChamp said:
how windy is this lake? i'm on a pontoon and thinking of attending. if I catch enough fish and don't need to buy food i can get away with it. ha ha.

FRC

Do I smell a fish fry?? Mmmmm :dance: :D

Be safe.
Barb

F
FernRidgeChamp
MMMM... sounds a little rough. I'm on an 8ft pontoon, I worry about accidents on open water. I also don't like being limited to fishing and if I get caught in the wind... oh god. I entered a fishing tourny a while back and was stuck on the water fighting the wind until 1AM before I gave up and let the wind take me. I vow to never experience that again...

FRC

W
wormosa
you could go to big cliff, it will not be bad, your pontoon boat will be great in there with the lower water and there will not be a lot of competition there i would bet :dance:

C
catphish
open seat

open seat

does anyone have an open seat, :pray: or maybe willing to switch out half a day to me? Im fully down to bank maggot the whole trip, actually concidering rolling back toward packsaddle or sumwhere along the Santi for some fun too. I have only fished the dam wall at detroit, so I dont know jack about the bank there.

Barb, I will bring some hawaiian style fare. Thinkin Kalbi ribs and something to accompany. Prob Hawaiian mac salad, or a green salad from my garden. :D

F
fishnquest
catphish said:
does anyone have an open seat, :pray: or maybe willing to switch out half a day to me? Im fully down to bank maggot the whole trip, actually concidering rolling back toward packsaddle or sumwhere along the Santi for some fun too. I have only fished the dam wall at detroit, so I dont know jack about the bank there.

Barb, I will bring some hawaiian style fare. Thinkin Kalbi ribs and something to accompany. Prob Hawaiian mac salad, or a green salad from my garden. :D

Catphish,
If you don't get any better OFFers, you are welcome to join me on my little crawdad boat if you want. It's small and its ugly; but it works and it's safe. I have the pfd's, etc. You are now fair warned. I will be going out each day starting thurs morn. I will be in g29, right next to the boat ramp.
Dale

J
JeannaJigs
Gonna brave this beast that I've never even seen much less fished...in an 8 foot 'toon...if you all see me out there stuck in the wind (green creek co.)...give me a tow in? You will be rewarded with ice cold mirror pond in exchange.

W
womanwhofishes
You all have FUN!! take pics!!
wwf and sSs
:clap::clap::clap::(:D:cool::pray:

A
autofisher
JeannaJigs said:
Gonna brave this beast that I've never even seen much less fished...in an 8 foot 'toon...if you all see me out there stuck in the wind (green creek co.)...give me a tow in? You will be rewarded with ice cold mirror pond in exchange.

There are a couple spots that you can put your 'toon in and not be blown to kingdom come. (I'll shoot you a PM) They also happen to be some pretty good producers from what I understand.

O
OnTheFly
JeannaJigs said:

Hey Jeanna I wouldn't worry too much about the wind. I'll be in the same size pontoon myself but the furthest I intend to go is out to the island. You get more intence wind down by the dam. What concerns me the most are the ski boats. Someone should get the word out that it's going to be too crowded to ski around that many fishing vessels this week. The Santiam arm will be my first choice. OOps! Sorry autofisher..I gave it away:shock:

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
Ahh the time is almost here.... I'll post a sign at B7 & 8 announcing the local of Camp Fishfinger, and on the lake front as well. I'm delighted to host the pot luck & shat not Sat. nite on the lake shore.

Well take a head count and make sure no one is stuck on the lake, there will be plenty of friendly crafts to tow in any wayward members towards a hot meal and top shelve socialization.

I am so looking forward to this!

PS I drove past Big Cliff this weekend and indeed it was very drawn don't. Didn't have a chance to stop and ask, so the availability of fishing that section is in question. However with the levels down the and one can launch a boat the fishin' might be epic with them confined to a tighter area.

Well just have to see what this weekend brings.

O
OnTheFly
Reminder!

Reminder!

Bring your walkie talkies if you have them. Let's say channel #5 and code #5 be the call numbers. If your units only have a couple channels and no code settings then we'll have to synchronize a different channel. Just thought it'd be fun to keep in touch on the water. :cool:

Last edited:
I
Indifisher
When are you showing up?

When are you showing up?

So I was just wondering when everybody plans o show up? I plan to arrive around Thursday afternoon to look for a spot. Where will we be meeting? How will the light hearted competition take place. Rules? Are we fishing competitively Fri and Sat? I am planning on having family on Sun to fish.

F
FishFinger
Ahh the contest rules. Ok .. they have not been "set" becasue of liability concerns.. SO.. someone please take the reigns and start at thread and define the event..

Sat is the main day for the fish off, pot luck, secret fisherman gig @ sites B7 & 8

Yes the walkie talkies, have an fm set, going to find them tomorrow

N
ninja2010
i'll be down on friday afternoon... then maybe scope out the scene a bit coz i have zero idea on what to expect.

is there a place/campsite where all OFFers should visit and "sign in" so everyone knows who all is there?

F
FishFinger
ninja2010 said:
i'll be down on friday afternoon... then maybe scope out the scene a bit coz i have zero idea on what to expect.

is there a place/campsite where all OFFers should visit and "sign in" so everyone knows who all is there?

Umm perhaps w/ raincatcher & jennaJigs.. B26 but we should ask her first...lol

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sign in here

Sign in here

I will do my best to be there early afternoon on Thursday. You can stop by B26 at the far right end from the booth to sign in and see who's around. I should be easy to spot,there will be at least two Beaver flags sticking out of a 2006 Toyota Sienna (van). There is a parking lot right next to it.
I think it would be very helpful if everyone had some sort of indicator at their campsite to show they are with Oregon Fishing Forum. I will have a maroon OSU flag with the "O"..I added " _regon Fishing Forum" to it.
Check out the Detroit Lake website for an excellent map of the park campsites.
Don't forget about the swap meet. Swap. Sell. Barter. Beg.
See you all there. Oh,and for those of you who can't make it,be ready for uber pictures next week. :dance::dance::D

Be safe.
Barb