Lower Clackamas River Fishing

J
Jiggy
Do you have to pay to get into Barton in the winter?

D
dozer365
No may-Sep is open for free at carver and Barton ai think.

J
Jiggy
Thanks, I wasn't sure.

E
Explorer21
Went out this past Thursday, saw 2 fish roll. No one i saw or talked to had a fish on or a bite. I'm starting to think those were trout that i saw roll. haha. I either suck at winter steelhead fishing or i'm just fishing no fish holes or they dont exist lol. Towel may have to been thrown in this year. I hate saying that

D
dozer365
Fish it today and tomorrow. Or go up higher in the system. I see more fish caught up higher. There are only a few guys I see with much success on a regular basis on the lower section. Don't get me wrong. U put ur time in and learn water u will catch fish there when others don't. I've been frustrated the last few weeks. I seem to catch one about every 2-3 weeks. Ugh. But it's enough to keep me entirely addicted to steelhead hunting.

T
TeamRamRod
Kenny, ^^ that guy, has some Wierd fetish with animals. So. Just throwin that out there.

T
TeamRamRod
Ill be out all day tomarow. Anyone doin any good?

J
Jiggy
Not lately, I thought last weekend was going to he's bloodbath. I was wrong!

C
ChezJfrey
Explorer21 said:
Towel may have to been thrown in this year. I hate saying that

Oh, c'mon...I admit I do a bit worse on the Clack in winter, but that's because I've not devoted much time to it until this year. Just takes awhile to figure it out; I do much better in spring/summer and that is just around the corner. That said, in 14 days, I picked up two out of the Clack, one just this last Sunday. Not exactly the 'bloodbath' Jiggy was expecting, but steelhead were caught!

W
waco
This one was caught yesterday on the lower clack by my neighbor, 20130225_164738.jpg

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice fish. i just got back from Riverside. Didn't have high hopes going there but only had about 2 hours to fish and work right next to the park. Caught a nice native on my third cast with a pink worm. Had two more takedowns but missed the hook set. Also saw more fish rolling there than I ever have. Probably gonna be there tomorrow afternoon or Barton depending on when I get off work.

J
Jiggy
No, but any blood is better than none( unless it's a native)! Good to hear that they're out there. Had another skunker tonight. But some were being hooked.

S
Silvers&Steelies
Well just got back and skunked. Didn't see a thing at Riverside today. Only had about 2 hours to fish today and tried jigs, pink worms and a couple spinners. Saw a lot rolling yesterday, nothing today. Depending on how much rain we get tonight I have all day to fish somewhere hoping the rivers aren't blown out.

T
TeamRamRod
Shouldn't be blown out. The damn sealions have been in the Cross Park area, almost evey mornin and every evenin.

S
Silvers&Steelies
I think I'm gonna try Eagle Creek or McIver. Still not sure, might even go to the Sandy.

T
TeamRamRod
I hear the Sandys been producing some biggens! Eagle creeks been slow. Not sure bout NcIver. Again, this is all just stuff I've heard from other fishermen.

S
Steeliekiller
Upper Sandy is low and clear. Haven't touched the lower area but have heard good things as well.

S
Silvers&Steelies
I like the upper sandy, probably where I'm gonna go. It's been getting packed at cedar creek especially the popular holes. If I could cross where I want to I would be fishing there. I wish I had a pontoon too.

S
Steeliekiller
I haven't really fished the sandy and don't know to much about it or the holes to hit. New to the area.

S
Silvers&Steelies
Hit the upper sandy for a few hours and got drenched this morning. Saw a fish rolling in the same spot and tried all sorts of lures. Finally got the fish after about 30 minutes with a #63 aerojig. Fought it for a while and got it close and noticed it was a big dark native. Easily over 30 inches. Went to grab my pliers and it popped off the hook anyway. It was fun and when I was packing out I was kinda glad I didn't get a keeper because I had a lot of stuff to do this evening. Probably would have not wanted to clean a fish tonight. Also had to kill an hour in Clackamas and went to Cross Park and fished for about 45 minutes. Saw some rolling but no bites. It was a good day of fishing. Rivers weren't blown out either. Really wish I coul fish tomorrow with the nice weather we should be having.