Lower Clackamas River Fishing

J
Jiggy
steelhead.jpgWhen i hooked this little cromer about 3 seconds later the guy next to me got one too. this one was maybe 8 lbs on the heavy side. His was about 15+. I'll post it next. im still freaking out, that was a blast! Thanks again.

J
Jiggy
Sorry, and to answer the question, yes, it was crowded. But after getting out and hitting it lately. I have to say how nice the other guys have been. We have a really great fishery here, at least with the folks I've had the pleasure of meeting. good luck

T
TeamRamRod
Been seein fish caught. Slowed down a bit with the low river levels. Once we get some rain, it'll pick up a lot. Pray for rain! Haha

J
Jiggy
Come on rain! I floated from carver to the mouth with no luck. Some boats had some, one claimed 4. I was getting out of the pontoon boat and bank fishing. I would try to get my gear in good spots while floating by, but if I'd actually hooked one I have no idea how I would've landed the sucker. But it would've been exciting anyway.

D
dozer365
saw a few hooked or on the bank today by cross, had a solid 35 second hook up swinging spoons on indiana jones rock. one of them being about a 15 pound buck with a nice pink side but fresh fish

J
Jiggy
Great news, I'm going out in the morning. That's exciting news.

B
Big3d
Waiting patiently for the report........

J
Jiggy
I got out today, I think I'm just going to have to spend some time working the stupid out of my system. I get waaay too excited when I finally get an opportunity to get on the water. I woke up, got ready and ran out the door with rod in hand. With one problem, no vest in the other hand. I got to the parking area 10 miles from home before realizing what I'd done to myself. I had a rig ready to go, fortunately. I spent a couple hours of casting at increasingly active fish,, rolling, just out of reach, of course. I started tweaking my drag and was getting my gear in the zone when on that fateful cast, SNAP!! I watched my bobber, and about 50' of my brand new line go floating downstream. I stopped, after some choice words, and watched to see if a fish was going to take it down, not even. I mean, if your going to blow a morning of fishing that way, it would've been great to at least come away with a killer story. No luck, well, bad luck, and bad planning. Hope your day was better!

T
TeamRamRod
In the past week, been a 16lb and 23lb steelies caught in the lower. Not by me though :( haha. Went down for an hour and a half, saw one caught. Nice chromer. Tons of fish rollin. I'll be out tomarow evening, and all day Thursday. Need to spill some blood!

E
Explorer21
Ill be on the clack on Thursday as well!

T
TeamRamRod
If you see me, say what's up!!

E
Explorer21
Will do, same to you. Ill be at riverside to start.

J
Jiggy
I always wonder who's who on the river? I guess we should wear name tags!

E
Explorer21
Hahaha ya, Without doing that, if you see a black lifted explorer with fear no fish sticker on the upper right of the back window i'm in the area lol

T
TeamRamRod
Hahaha most definitely! I usually talk with the people I'm fishin by. Just to be friendly and learn stuff. I'm usually throwin spoons, spittin baccer juice, and scratchin my ass. I don't stand out much haha

J
Jiggy
I talk to everyone I see! That's what cracks me up that I haven't met any of you! I think I'm going to have"jiggy" embroidered on my camo hat!

T
TeamRamRod
I've hit the Cross Park area every day the past like 3 weeks. Wait, besides weekends. Haha

S
Silvers&Steelies
I haven't had much of a chance to hit the Clackamas and the only day I went fishing this week was on the Sandy. I might hit it next week in the afternoons around Riverside. Also heard it's been getting better. If you guys see a green Jeep Cherokee with a cop spot light that's me. I also don't fish near the parking lot, usually hike up or down from there a ways.

D
dozer365
Saw one roll tonight about 8 feet inside of the seam I'd been drifting. Only one roll on the tailout. But who knows what other brats might have been in tow. Tomorrow has me excited to go stand out in the rain and see what it brings. Think I will go up by Barton though and fish some tailouts and pocket water.