Clackamas @ Riverside/Winter Steel

D
dude young
Wait was that you I was talking to this morning on riverside?

Nope, I was there for a bit, just watching. Never got out of the truck. Prolly around 9:30 or so.

B
bigdog
luv2fish said:
huh...i see lot of drift guys talkin bout plunking.......interesting...

Read close there, the most I have seen is how much the plunkers haven't caught much and I never knew that you were only aloud to fish one style and not others as well.
For me I like drifting, rather it be bottem or bober, but when the water is right I also like to through the spinners around, then there are them days that it is real cold and raining cats and dogs when I want to spend some time on the water with the line in but don't want to get all wet and cold so then I'll plunk so I can set the rod up and relax in the warmth of my rig.
Every style of fishing has it's day and it's time but as most of us know plunking isn't the most productive way to fish but not a bad way to spend the day on the water and relax.

F
Fishtopher
Riverside log jam...

Riverside log jam...

So uhh, yesterday at Riverside, bigdog and myself attempted to fish upstream from the boat ramp, and as you can see, you now need a chainsaw in your tackle box to get to the gettin spot. Atleast until the water drops enough to walk the bank past this spot.

100_1196resz.png

F
Fishtopher
dude young said:
Nope, I was there for a bit, just watching. Never got out of the truck. Prolly around 9:30 or so.

You were only 1 of about 60, guys in trucks that just drove down, sat there for a minute, and drove away. We were the guys fishing the temporary flood hole in front of the boat ramp.
While fishing, a guy walks up behind me, and starts tossing stuff over my head into the water.

???

I asked what the heck he was doing, and he said picking fish outta the mud puddles in the grass up top, and throwin 'em home. Oh...ok. Those picinic tables that used to be in the parking lot, are now downriver pushed up into the trees. Nice start for a tree fort I guess.

I gotta tell ya; everywhere i fish with bigdog, he is plugging OFF to every angler he speaks with on the banks. This guy spreads the word!!

Last edited:
D
dude young
Fishtopher said:
You were only 1 of about 60, guys in trucks that just drove down, sat there for a minute, and drove away. We were the guys fishing the temporary flood hole in front of the boat ramp.
No poo? Think I recognize Dawg from the photo. Damn, wish I got out to chat. Still needed to get my license. By the time I got through that debaucle it was time for football. (Y'ever see the look on a Joe's clerk when you tell them you need an out-of-state licesne?)

F
Fishydog
Fishtopher said:
So uhh, yesterday at Riverside, bigdog and myself attempted to fish upstream from the boat ramp, and as you can see, you now need a chainsaw in your tackle box to get to the gettin spot. Atleast until the water drops enough to walk the bank past this spot.

Guess I'll have to bring the saws then, anybody need firewood :dance:

Wonder if my chaps will fit over my waders :think:

F
Fishtopher
If you get in there with saw to cut that up, be very careful! That mud right there is really slippery!! Im sure that there is more of the same further up the trail, but I didn't want to rip a hole, or tear my waders on some branch sticking out, so I just turned around. Not like its impassable, just another obstacle between us and the fish:rolleyes:.

F
FishSchooler
Eck, thats horrible!

D
dude young
Jinkees! Looks like there could be some nice woodcock shooting in there! My Lab won't even bust through that, and she runs through brick walls.

F
FishSchooler
One question...

One question...

For those who make frequent trips to BC Angling Post, does Bill sell cured eggs or does he just sell the cure?

A
ArcticAmoeba
He has been having a hard time getting fresh eggs of quality he approves of. So, no cured eggs. But he does sell a bunch of bait dyes, and a couple different cure products.

F
FishSchooler
ArcticAmoeba said:
He has been having a hard time getting fresh eggs of quality he approves of. So, no cured eggs. But he does sell a bunch of bait dyes, and a couple different cure products.

Where am i supposed to get eggs? Joes only has the guides choice tubs of red smelly mush, I dunno about dicks though... Last time I went to dicks, they had a huge frigde/freezer filled with baits. Maybe I go there to get eggs... Or buy eggs from a korean store. Last time I went to that korean grocery shop, they had many beautiful skeins wrapped up for like 6 bucks each, maybe I can cure them myself...

F
Fishydog
No chainsaws today

No chainsaws today

Made it through without the chainsaws but I might take em next time :D
Saw a couple of you guys there, no one was having and luck, not ever the drunken plunkers :rolleyes:
Here's a shot of the aftermath, I'm standing on top of the pile at the bend

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
I gotta tell ya; everywhere i fish with bigdog, he is plugging OFF to every angler he speaks with on the banks. This guy spreads the word!!
Hey I have to helps get to know people and you never know when someone is going to say "Hey I'm on there to I'm so and so" Hell that is how I met Osmosis for the first time on the eagle.

M
meluvtrout
Some more...

Some more...

IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg

M
meluvtrout
Fishydog said:
Make it through without the chainsaws but I might take em next time :D
Saw a couple of you guys there, no one was having and luck, not ever the drunken plunkers :rolleyes:
Here's a shot of the aftermath, I'm standing on top of the pile at the bend

Nice meeting you today...

Ali

F
Fishydog
Always good to see another fellow OFFer, any luck after I left?
Maybe we'll HOOK up down there again when the water is a more fishy color green :pray:

Doug

F
FishSchooler
Looks like the water has cleared up a bit...? Where at riverside is the pic where them folks are fishing? Is that the first bend?

B
bigdog
yes that is the bend up river from the park and the onlt bend you can get to up river from the park

S
Surejam
Meluvtrout....... looks like we crossed paths today and didn't know it. The picture you posted with the 2 adults and 2 kids is of me and my 2 kids and my cousin :lol: You must have been the one that was carrying the bobber pole and had a fishing vest on headed back from further up river ???

Surejam