Clackamas @ Riverside/Winter Steel

M
mbaacowboy
Go Griz!

Go Griz!

Nice fishes and nice sweatshirt! Go griz! I grew up fishing for trout in Griz country...now that I've been in Portland for 13 years...I know what I don't know about big game fishing of migratory fish. Great site and even better folks.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hahaha, you like that! The maroon hoodie under the gray one, is also Griz swag. I love bug flingin for troot up outside of of Missoula, and Kalispell. I have only fished the western half of the state. But, welcome to the ship! Hope you can pick up a few good points in all of our banter...There is a search function, and feel free to ask questions you don't see answered. Good luck out there, and hope to see you on the river.

F
FishSchooler
I'm going to Riverside either this sunday or next sunday. The full moon will probably make the river rise though...

B
bigdog
FishFinger said:
The Clack is forecast to hit flood stage again on Fri the 8th. It seems we'll be in a clearing window and levels should drop over the days that follow.

I can't get a forcast on the Sandys level just yet. I have my suspisions the gauge is wrong or was buggered up during the flood event. Right now it's reading 10.48 which would be perfect for winter steel.

I'm going to have to do some recon this week and check it out.

I'll keep you posted.
Thats ok high water isn't stoping me.

F
Fishydog
Be there Saturday, hopefully the water will be dropping :pray:

P
plunkme
anyone going out of fridays? i want to go out tomorrow the 9th, but i wouldnt know where to start if anyones willing to show me the ropes id be glad to meet up with them on a friday :D

F
Fishtopher
plunkme said:
anyone going out of fridays? i want to go out tomorrow the 9th, but i wouldnt know where to start if anyones willing to show me the ropes id be glad to meet up with them on a friday :D

Bigdog is a Friday guy, most of the time, I can get out too, but it doesn't look good today...

B
bigdog
I'm a friday saterday sunday heck any day I can but yeah friday and saterday are my main two days

F
FishFinger
Lets try and hook up Saturday / Sunday. where are you thinkin' about going?

B
bigdog
Going to start out on riverside bright and early on sat

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
"Steel Skunk"

"Steel Skunk"

bigdog said:
Going to start out on riverside bright and early on sat

Dang it! The "Steel Skunk" is alive and well and living at the end of my rod! :( Dirty lil polecat...sneaking up on me like that,just not nice..:confused:
Barb

Troutski
Troutski
Take a man...

Take a man...

Raincatcher said:
Dang it! The "Steel Skunk" is alive and well and living at the end of my rod! :( Dirty lil polecat...sneaking up on me like that,just not nice..:confused:
Barb

You know Barb I will probably regret saying this...but if you would take a man with you; I would bet high on you to succeed, the old saying you know-"the only way to out fish a woman is to leave her on the dock". So it seems you could reverse that and take a man; thus you would be successful beyond your wildest dreams ;) :think: ;)

Chuck

F
FishSchooler
Dang it, I forgot that I had to be in vancouver on sunday... can't fish this week... probably next week then...

F
Fish Dawgs
where is riverside?
is it worth the trip from salem?
do you think i can fly fish or do you recommend spinner fishing?

F
FishSchooler
Fish Dawgs said:
where is riverside?
is it worth the trip from salem?
do you think i can fly fish or do you recommend spinner fishing?

It is far from salem, so there are probably better places down there... It is near portland in gladstone... probably an hour and a half for you. People dont really use spinners now and most people dont use flies now either. Bait is the bait(or lure) to use.

A
ArcticAmoeba
If you are in Salem go Coastal. It is probably just over an hour, no fudgin around, and no stops from Salem proper. You could make coastal streams quicker I'm sure. Many are fishing very well too.

K
Kodiak
No Santiam fish?

No Santiam fish?

Raincatcher said:
Barb

I think you would do better on the Alsea or three rivers Barb. Wait until Feb and the Santiam will pick up.

F
fisch
nada

nada

Fished riverside from 1-4 got nada. Saw lots of poeple but no one got a bite today. At one point I started to ask if poeple where from OFF. Got lots of empty looks but at least told few peeps about this site. Maybe next time.

J
Justluck
So my girl and I went out Saturday morning to Riverside, was wondering if any OFF members were there with that big fire?

M
meluvtrout
Those are probably the plunker guys you saw down there. You need to walk further up the river to get to the "OFFer Hole" It's the one past the free standing furnace heater, right after the big log jam...

this is the furnace I'm referring to:
IMG_0224.jpg

Last edited: