Clackamas @ Riverside/Winter Steel

F
fisch
OFF hole

OFF hole

I think I fished there for an hour or so. What works in that hole? Maybe next time I'll be lucky and meet someone who knows what's up. If you tell me how to catch a fish you will be a hero. Not my hero but my wife's. She is waiting for a fish soooooo baddddd :) I'm just kind of used to it - not catching anything :)

M
meluvtrout
Just read through this thread, it'll give you all you need to get started. So far AA and Osmosis are the ones that had managed to pull anything out of Riverside though...

M
meluvtrout
ArcticAmoeba said:
B.C. Angling has the Coons. Just rig up your bait loop, preferebly in a "stinger" style, to try and stick the ones that short strike your junk. Forearm leader length, and a couple #5, or #7 split shot. Thats it. If you tap bottom more than a few times, reduce your weight. Fish the riffles, and any rock you can see that creates a seam.

This is the tip of the day by AA...

F
Fishtopher
Justluck said:
So my girl and I went out Saturday morning to Riverside, was wondering if any OFF members were there with that big fire?

There were a few off'ers out there in the am. I was there in the pm. Lottsa plunkers with nuthin to show for it.

F
FishFinger
I drove by today on river road. The color is looking better. It's on the drop and starting to green up. I saw lots of guys at the park and a few more further up plunkin. None were doing the fish dance. Crossed back over at Carver, it's looking fishable again too.

Fish are there, just gotta find out where the flood waters took em.

S
Snagged
I went to Riverside today for a few hours. Worked my way up past the log jam for the first time today. Didn't catch anything I was drifting eggs and running jigs/ eggs under a bobber. Water is moving pretty darn fast still and was a olive drab color on the greener side. There were a few plunkers and just one other guy up past the log jam. I will be drifting it tomorrow I will report back then Barton to Carver.

F
FishFinger
Snagged said:
I went to Riverside today for a few hours. Worked my way up past the log jam for the first time today. Didn't catch anything I was drifting eggs and running jigs/ eggs under a bobber. Water is moving pretty darn fast still and was a olive drab color on the greener side. There were a few plunkers and just one other guy up past the log jam. I will be drifting it tomorrow I will report back then Barton to Carver.

Good luck, you have a real good chance of getting in to some fish.
Bring a camera and a net, you just might need em.

F
fisch
Thu

Thu

Snagged let us know what you catch. I can maybe sneak out THU for couple of hours in the AM. If someone else can go I'd be happy to meet up. Good luck.

S
Snagged
Drifted Barton to Carver today from 0900- 1500. Water was up but green. We drifted Bobber and jig/bait, pulled some plugs and side drifted a bit. I am not really a bobber and jig guy unless I'm on the bank. I think I would have liked to just plug it a sidedrift the in between plugging spots but my buddy likes to bobber and jig so much. No fish for us one bobber going sideways across the river and a whiff. We saw one boated below Barton on a plug and heard the bite was good below Carver. I would liked to have a sled today with all the current it would have been easier to find fish. It will only get better as the river drops.

F
FishSchooler
I WILL be at riverside on sunday! :D

F
Fishydog
Got out to Riverside before sun up this morn, it was cooooold
second one at the parking lot, first one on the water :cool: at 6:30, fishing by 7. Drifting coon at the log ram, wasn't getting any action and thought about moving up to the next hole when I see a couple guys go up there so I stay put. After about an hour, still no action, the 2 guys come back down and ask to join me and of course I say sure plenty of room. One casts into the seam and fish on! He pulls a nice clipped steely and I think alright here were go. While he's unhooking his fish the other guy steps into his spot, casts out, bam! fish on. Another nice hatch metalhead. I'm like holy crap what was I doing, I look over and they're both drifting corkies with yarn. They were both very nice guys, turns out they're brothers, and they tell me to step into the spot and take the next one. I throw my shrimp out there, nothing, I rig up a corky, nothing, an hour goes by, nothing. Got skunked, but it was still a good day, finally got to see some steel come out of that spot and met a couple nice fishermen. I told them about OFF and they said they will probably join up.

N
ninja2010
sorry about your skunk, fishydog. but it was great to see steelies coming out of there.

i was at rs around 8. the parking lot was packed and about 3 boats being launched. anyway, i hiked in and fished the bend. very windy making it challenging to cast. anyways, got to try out some bobber style fishing and threw some spinners.

skunkage ruled... :( but it was beautiful out there. going back tomorrow.

B
bigdog
Yeah I'll be heading down to RS as well might be a little later start for me but not to late though. Hope to see some of you down there I'll be in my red flanel trowing something.
I have fished beside them guys before I think.

P
PacRat
Thanks Fishydog

Thanks Fishydog

Fishydog said:
Got out to Riverside before sun up this morn, it was cooooold
second one at the parking lot, first one on the water :cool: at 6:30, fishing by 7. Drifting coon at the log ram, wasn't getting any action and thought about moving up to the next hole when I see a couple guys go up there so I stay put. After about an hour, still no action, the 2 guys come back down and ask to join me and of course I say sure plenty of room. One casts into the seam and fish on! He pulls a nice clipped steely and I think alright here were go. While he's unhooking his fish the other guy steps into his spot, casts out, bam! fish on. Another nice hatch metalhead. I'm like holy crap what was I doing, I look over and they're both drifting corkies with yarn. They were both very nice guys, turns out they're brothers, and they tell me to step into the spot and take the next one. I throw my shrimp out there, nothing, I rig up a corky, nothing, an hour goes by, nothing. Got skunked, but it was still a good day, finally got to see some steel come out of that spot and met a couple nice fishermen. I told them about OFF and they said they will probably join up.

Thanks for posting the pic Fishydog and appreciate you sharing the spot. I couldn't believe my brother found another on his first cast. I lost one in the same spot on New Years Day and was bummed.

I'm sorry you didn't find chrome today, but I've certainly seen more days fishing than catching.

I've spent a little time lurking on OFF and glad to have met one of your members. Its nice to have friendly folk out there sharing in the experience and passion. My work is slow right now so I hope to meet some more of you.

BTW- I tried some sturgeon fishing on the Willamette and could not continue the luck. It was a great day to be out and a fine day to meet a fellow fisherman.

PacRat

S
Surejam
I think you two were leaving as I got there...

I tried a few things, Coonies, Spinners, Bobber and Jig.... I got tagged by something while drifting the coons but nothing stuck. I am still a rookie though.

Maybe next time..

P
plunkme
anyone going out monday? im thinking of going out there, is that the bend right after those large pillars out in the water?

F
Fishtopher
Nice to have ya aboard Pacrat!

Fishydog...thats the way it works man...at least you dont have to wonder if there are fish where you are fishing at! That spot has been producing well since the flood waters receeded. Keep at em bud!

B
bigdog
Welcome to OFF pacrat nice to have you on here with us. By looking at the pic of you and your brother I think i have fished beside you guy before.

F
Fishydog
Welcome on board PacRat, good to see you made it. It was good to see some chrome come out of a place I've been feeding bait to. Always good to meet a couple friendly fishy guys even if they are brothers :lol:
Sorry about the sturgeon skunk, but you'll hook one of those bad boys soon enough. No worries, I'll be hittin those metalbrats again on Monday.
ninja2010 that must have been you at the bend when I was packing out, just after the plunkers getting stoned :rolleyes:
Good luck out there everyone and save me some steel.

N
ninja2010
yeah, fishydog. i always carry two rods, wear a brimmed hat and i have a chest pack over my waders. if that's the character you saw, that's me.

i wish there was some easy way to identify off'ers...