Clackamas @ Riverside/Winter Steel

F
FishSchooler
The ones with the branchless tree, the tree close to the bank, and the one behind the sign?

M
meluvtrout
ArcticAmoeba said:
You guy seriously think there are no fishing spots in that iFish'r picture??? I see at least three really good seams, and hooked a fish in the lowest one you can see this morning...There are fish in Riverside's grass....Above the parking lot...

You're probably the uber Rattenfänger von Riverside. :clap:

F
FishSchooler
meluvtrout said:
You're probably the uber Rattenfänger von Riverside. :clap:

translation please? ;)

A
ArcticAmoeba
Unless rats look like silver snakes, and eat shrimp...Hooked some fish, but no rats MeLuvTrout, sorry... Nothin but churned up, huddled Steel in the back eddy that is the Riverside parking lot.

A
ArcticAmoeba
FishSchooler said:
The ones with the branchless tree, the tree close to the bank, and the one behind the sign?

No, the ones created by the garbage can, the piling just above it, and the cement blocks you park in front of make a wicked defined seam as well.

F
Fishtopher
:shock: Man, the current is rippin through parking lot even at a pretty good clip. This is one of those flows that seriously changes fishing holes all over the place. Id imagine it probably changed the parking lot a bit too:lol:. Im on it tomorrow. Dont know if'n Im gonna hit Eagle Creek, or upper Sandy. But I'm hittin' somethin':D.

A
ArcticAmoeba
The parking lot had a perfect drift current...Walking speed, witch was actually an eddy of the raging Clackamas. Water was high, but the flow was pretty slow, prefect for Steelhead that have been turned on their heads on the ride in, to hang oot, be lazy for a few.

F
FishSchooler
ArcticAmoeba said:
The parking lot had a perfect drift current...Walking speed, witch was actually an eddy of the raging Clackamas. Water was high, but the flow was pretty slow, prefect for Steelhead that have been turned on their heads on the ride in, to hang oot, be lazy for a few.

That section looks plunkable because water aint to fast nor slow, water is high and dirty, so spin n glows will help right? If can, whatabout plunking while drift fishing? double productivity.

I dont see a garbage can in the picture there.

B
bigdog
The garbage can is under the water and how are you going to plunk and drift at the same time when you can only have one rod in the water at the same time

A
allford
I don't see a location code on the back of my tag for Riverside parking lot! :lol: Must be a tributary of the Clackamas!

M
meluvtrout
FishSchooler said:
translation please? ;)

Rattenfänger= Pied Piper > a book by Brüder Grimm about a guy who rescues a city from rats, by luring the rats into a river (Wesser to be precise) with his pipe. When the town refuses to pay the guy, he steals their kids the same way...

It was meant to be a compliment as he manages to catch fish even in dirt...

M
meluvtrout
If the weather manages to hold, I'll be there Sunday morning. Anyone?

F
FishSchooler
meluvtrout said:

I just might (or might not) be there. 30% chance percipitation on sunday. Have to see if dad is up for a cold adventure to fish in a err... parking lot. :lol:

S
Surejam
Hell, I may even come check it out...... if noting else just come out and see who else is there.

Surejam

F
FishFinger
meluvtrout said:

Aye matey.. see you there

A
ArcticAmoeba
MeLuvTrout - Ah I see, I just don't know German very well, at all..It is what I could come up with though. Thanks for the compliment!

FishSchooler - The plunkers got zero bites today, and we got bait savaged and hooked up three. Drift fishing bait is the only way to go. And the Clack will be back down in the mid-teens in the next 24 hours, so you won't be catching fish in the parking lot again, very soon anyways. But the same drifts will be productive as before the high, high water.

L
luv2fish
huh...i see lot of drift guys talkin bout plunking.......interesting...

F
FishSchooler
I aint either... yet... just asking and err... can't go because of new newyears resoerrlution. I have to focus on schoolwork for a whole month without fishing until i can go fishing. Will the winters still be running strong then near the end of january at riverside?

D
dude young
Woo Hoo! Got my license today! $83 to fish this year (not complaining) but it better be worth it. I just couldn't wait till spring to be eligible for the resident price.

I am going to try to get out in the morning, if you don't mine babysitting a newbie. I'll be the guy in the grey truck, with the wrong kind of rod and the wrong kind of tackle.:naughty: But, even if I don't wet a line, I'd like to learn a thing or two.

B
bigdog
Wait was that you I was talking to this morning on riverside?