Spinners on the Clackamas

M
meluvtrout
We're going fishing! Nah nah naah naaah naah!:tongue: :yay:

M
mgdguy
For those of us who can't make it be sure to come back and tell us how the bite went!

F
FishFinger
mgdguy said:
For those of us who can't make it be sure to come back and tell us how the bite went!

And btw, biting each other does not qualify............

M
mgdguy
FishFinger said:
And btw, biting each other does not qualify............

That should go without saying :lol:

Y
youngbuck307
you guys going now??? and were you going to be??? i just lost my job and have a lil free time now lol but for real if anyone knows some place that needs help i could use a job i drove a 26ft long box truck for 3 years/was warehouse lead man for a while. and i can pack the hell out of a truck bit im willing to do anything.... also didn't miss a day for the first 9 months i worked there..

M
meluvtrout
Went to Bonnie Lure this evening. Nothing but a big fat -O-. Floaters said people were catching fish back and forth over at McIver. I was too tired and forgot my water bottle. Left early without even seeing a single fish roll...

Bc will be getting Cooners on Saturday at 10am. And Osmosis was right, the new guy doesn't have a clue!

N
ninja2010
doooood... thought you guys were headed to mciver... oh, well...

(didn't get home till 6, or i would've joined you guys)

M
meluvtrout
Don't worry, Chris didn't show up either...

F
FishFinger
meluvtrout said:
Bc will be getting Cooners on Saturday at 10am. And Osmosis was right, the new guy doesn't have a clue!

It's going to take more the a pretty face to make up for Osmos' years of experience

K
Kodiak
FishFinger said:
It's going to take more the a pretty face to make up for Osmos' years of experience

you guys should all get togethergo in all at once and have him face the "inquisition" so to speak....hehe...I bet he even doesn't know fish see UV. OK I'll go stick my nose in the corner now...rebel rousers!

Hey MV..nice pics!

O
osmosis
Hey to be fair he is a nice guy, and will tell you about as fast as you walk in that he can't answer your questions and that hes completely new! He will "Mirror" some of the stuff he hears bill say but thats it for now.
that shop is a great place to learn, so just give him awhile and he'll be on top of it.

K
Kodiak
osmosis said:
Hey to be fair he is a nice guy, and will tell you about as fast as you walk in that he can't answer your questions and that hes completely new! He will "Mirror" some of the stuff he hears bill say but thats it for now.
that shop is a great place to learn, so just give him awhile and he'll be on top of it.

I bet we can teach him to say fish see UV in about three minutes.:shock::lol: Maybe slip him into hypnosis...I bet it would make a vein popout on bills forhead.

F
FishFinger
osmosis said:

I stopped in at BC today to have a look see.. I met Kyle and he is a very nice kid. Given enough time he'll get into the swing of things. Like anything "new" it can be a bit overwhelming. It took me weeks of visits to shake the eye glazing and brain fogging thing myself.

B
Bohemian
Yes, he is a likable kid.

Fished for about an hour after work (more practicing with spinners), but gave up after a bunch of idiots passed me on rafts/tube and set off M-80's over the water as they passed me and continued to do so all the way down the river :mad:

F
Fishtopher
meluvtrout said:
Don't worry, Chris didn't show up either...

I was facing the wifes sword tipped words about this Jeep Cherokee that has been sitting in my driveway since October 15th, which I have torn out the old motor, put a new one in, and thanks to her tongue lashing, have gotten everything hooked up...finally. Between that and being the best man for this wedding today, and helping my wife in jumping through the hoops of her Social Security applications...crazy few weeks.....

Now I just need to figure out why the coil is sending weak/intermittent sparks. Im sure my fishing allotment will rise above and beyond my expectations as soon as the wife is once again happy...Sorry bro!

A
adambomb
[/QUOTE]Now I just need to figure out why the coil is sending weak/intermittent sparks. Im sure my fishing allotment will rise above and beyond my expectations as soon as the wife is once again happy...Sorry bro![/QUOTE]

Thats funny, my fishing time is directly related to her happiness too... I lost my ultra light rod a reel in the clackamas last weekend, unfortunately I also lost our digital camera too. Guess which one I have to buy first.....:(

B
Bohemian
hendrixfan said:
Nice fish, congrats!

Bill at BC is a good guy, and is a wealth of information. Between him and Jed Davis's book I have learned quite a bit, and enjoy making/experimenting with new spinners almost as much as the fishing its self.

Been reading Jed Davis' spinner book...what an enjoyable book! It has answered so many of my questions about the basics. I'm sure there are a lot of opinions on the subject of spinner fishing, but I think this book (along with lots of practice on the water) would give anyone a good start.

Thanks for the recommendation!

P
plunkme
did you drift the worm or did you throw it under a bobber?

B
Bohemian
Used a bobber when I caught the one with a pink worm.

By the way, got another one this morning before work. Used a #4 brass spinner. Got it on the second cast right at sunrise.

Last edited:
H
hendrixfan
Congrats on another fish! Looks like I might have to make an early trip tomorrow...