Steelhead Fishing Questions

largefin
largefin
New member
Hello guys! I'm wondering if steelhead fishing in rivers is fine now. I have been fishing on the Sandy River at least a few times and never caught anything. I have been trying many different places, but I have never caught anything as well as people around me.

I mostly use Blue Fox spinners, and people around me use bobbers, but no one seems to have any luck. Is there no point to fish for steelhead on the Sandy, and are there better places, or would other places not work as well? Maybe the Clackamas River will work better?

I'm new to steelhead/salmon fishing, so I just wanted to know some basics.

Thank you!
 
Try the Deschutes.
 
Snopro said:
Try the Deschutes.
Great, thank you! Do you know any good rivers with steelhead that are closer to Portland?
 
largefin said:
Hello guys! I'm wondering if steelhead fishing in rivers is fine now. I have been fishing on the Sandy River at least a few times and never caught anything. I have been trying many different places, but I have never caught anything as well as people around me.

I mostly use Blue Fox spinners, and people around me use bobbers, but no one seems to have any luck. Is there no point to fish for steelhead on the Sandy, and are there better places, or would other places not work as well? Maybe the Clackamas River will work better?

I'm new to steelhead/salmon fishing, so I just wanted to know some basics.

Thank you!
Drop me a line and I will explain everything you need to know about the sandy . To much to type so if you care to give me your number I can call you . I think there is a private message section on here somewhere. Have been fishing the Sandy and many others for 40 years.

Also , do not limit yourself to just steelhead , a lot of times if steel is there so are chinook and coho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Admin
I agree completely!
Also remember that there is still very little rainfall to cool water temps and raise the flows.
 
They're called 'the fish of a thousand casts' for a reason!

Persistance will pay dividends!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Admin
Persistence, and Confidence.
 

Similar threads

largefin
Replies
4
Views
2K
Chromatose
C
E
Replies
5
Views
1K
cchinook
C
V
Replies
1
Views
564
kemfish
kemfish
H
Replies
3
Views
583
Hankb
H
troutdude
Replies
0
Views
545
troutdude
troutdude
Back
Top Bottom