Spinners on the Clackamas

B
Bohemian
Learned a hard lesson about retrieving spinners...

Learned a hard lesson about retrieving spinners...

I was fishing below Carver casting spinners and not paying attention (enjoying the scenery). Bill at BC had told me not to reel in too fast after the spinner swings in toward shore. Well, I forgot that and was reeling in pretty fast even though there was no need to do so because the water was deep, and had a steelhead strike violently right at my feet -- scared me to death!! :shock: --and miss my spinner probably because I yanked it out of it's mouth.

Makes me wonder if I was paying more attention I might have hooked it...lesson learned...pay attention to what your doing! :)

A
adambomb
Luckily my dad taught me that lesson very early. "fish every cast, no matter what" he said. I always fish every cast all the way to my feet, unless I see one jump or roll then I might reel in fast to re-cast.

M
Mmfh
BC tackle

BC tackle

Hey guys,
I keep reading all about Bill in this thread and I don't want to bash him I want to know where to find him.

Sounds like a great place to learn about spinners but doing a google search came up with nothing.

Where is BC located?
Thanks
Mm

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Gladstone

Gladstone

BC Angling is located in Gladstone,Oregon. Seems to be the preferred tackle shop for spinner twisters here. Google "tackle shops Portland,Oregon". Good fishing!

M
Mmfh
Raincatcher said:
BC Angling is located in Gladstone,Oregon. Seems to be the preferred tackle shop for spinner twisters here. Google "tackle shops Portland,Oregon". Good fishing!
Thank you very much!

Mm