New to forum. Back in Oregon and back in the trout.

F
fishfry
Heya all. Just moved back to Oregon after being stationed in Missouri for six years and man have I missed the trout lol. I live about 30 miles south of Klamath Falls right on the Sprague River. This summer, fishing was HORRIBLE. Didn't get anything worth speaking of at all until the beginning of October. Oct 4th I got a nice 26 incher out of a hole i had scouted earlier in the summer and forgot about. Since then I have caught over 18 trout between 21 and 29 1/2 inches. I go every morning before work and very rarely leave without catching one in that range. Been using a J7 floating, jointed rapala (black and silver, and the german brown colored one) on 6lb line. Last sunday was sadly closing day and now i'm going crazy and having withdrawls. Guess I'll have to start hitting up Klamath River and Lake. Wish it was closer. I'll be posting up some pics of my fish as soon as i get it figured out. Anyway once again hello and nice to be here.

brandon4455
brandon4455
welcome back to oregon and OFF looking forward to the pics ;)

brandon

W
waco
welcome to the forum!!! looking forward to see your pics and reports!!! and Welcome back to Oregon!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Welcome to the forum. Do You have anymore pictures of these HUGE trout?

F
fishfry
Ty all. Yes I have quite a few pics and video but am not sure how to get them on here yet. Still looking

L
lilsalmon
Welcome to the forum!!!! We love trout!!!!

W
waco
just have to click on manage atachments when you are posting a treat!!

F
fishfry
K i'll give it a try

• 2010-10-23_13-30-06_779.jpg
F
fishfry
That was a 20 incher. Here's my 28 I got a couple weeks ago. The rest to follow

brandon4455
brandon4455
wow! nice fish man those are monsters!

F
fishfry
Here's a 26, 26, 24, 22, and 23 in that order

F
fishfry
And here's my last one I caught sunday morning on closing day. Got this one on my ultra light rod and 4 lb test :) Great way to close the river

L
lilsalmon
nice!!!!

W
waco
nice beautiful monsters!!! i bet you were missing trout in Oregon!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Those are great trout!!! i hope to get into them big ole trout next year in that area. Some of my family are natives that fish the williamson river for those huge bows. Im making sure they take me for a trip or two :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
cheese and rice man! those are brutes!

T
Thuggin4Life
When using those kind of lures you can expect monsters! way to go man welcome back i bet you really are starting to notice what you missed. i love this state. nice fish!

T
TTFishon
Whew, you're gonna have a long winter thinking about those fish. Nice fish, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

F
Finneus Polebender
Welcome home and thanx for sharin the pics those are some reel beautys

L
liquidplumber
fishfry said:
That was a 20 incher. Here's my 28 I got a couple weeks ago. The rest to follow

Awesome fish!