Another (soon-to-be) new arrival to Oregon

P
phishin fool
Raincatcher said:
It would be for me, but not for ODFW. Sorry.
Thanks

E
eugene1
phishin fool said:
So, if you move to Oregon and fish a lot, it costs a lot of money to fish until you're there for six months? That hyardly seems fair...

It's really pretty cheap in the overall scheme of things. Less than a buck a day or so??

As to your fairness notion... I think it is fair as it costs about the same for an OR resident to buy a license in CA as it will for you to buy one in Oregon.

Have you heard of the expression "even steven"

P
phishin fool
eugene1 said:
It's really pretty cheap in the overall scheme of things. Less than a buck a day or so??

As to your fairness notion... I think it is fair as it costs about the same for an OR resident to buy a license in CA as it will for you to buy one in Oregon.

Have you heard of the expression "even steven"

First, I'm disabled and on a fixed income. Secondly, I'll be a resident. I also just learned that California does the same thing. It's unfair in California as well... Basically, they claim that for six months I'm not a resident of any state where I can fish.

P
phishin fool
I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm simply looking at the logic these rules fail to utilize...

E
eugene1
phishin fool said:
I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm simply looking at the logic these rules fail to utilize...

No worries, I think moving to any new state you will take a monetary hit.

Logic often does not come into play with government fees.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I think it is fair and we purchased out of state annual license/tags in 2011, 2012, 2013 (for several family members), and then finally on July 1, 2014, we got to purchase at resident rates...:thumb:

here is what is coming, there is a big change in the non-resident fees- tags and 2-rod are going to cost more for non-residents (until now they cost the same), that causes a temporary reduction in non-resident angling license but the total cost for license and tags together is increasing faster for non-residents...I hope they go forward with the multi-year license options, these help...cheers, roger

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/agency/budget/docs/15-17_GRB/Proposed_Rec_Fee_Schedule_12-01-14.pdf

D
DrTheopolis
Transplants (regardless whether they insult us Natives by calling themselves "Oregonians") have contributed nothing to maintaining the resource. Just as I've done nothing to enhance the resources in California.

Just playing a little Devil's Advocate here.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
DrTheopolis said:
Us 3-percenters are pretty snobby about it, too.
:worthy: :harhar: :D

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
actually, since homo sapiens sapiens did not evolve here in Oregon, all of them, which means all of us, are transplants.

to call any homo sapiens sapien a 'native' of the land area now defined as the State of Oregon requires a specific 'arrived before' date to be associated with the term 'native'...

T
troutmasta
DrTheopolis said:
Transplants (regardless whether they insult us Natives by calling themselves "Oregonians") have contributed nothing to maintaining the resource. Just as I've done nothing to enhance the resources in California.

Just playing a little Devil's Advocate here.
Unless your Native American, were all transplants. I'd consider you a 'wild born' fish, but not a native...

M
montym
troutmasta said:
Unless your Native American, were all transplants. I'd consider you a 'wild born' fish, but not a native...

LMAO, see this. I am wondering how many generations must pass before one is considered a native?

Getting a strong urge to listen to "Blowin' In The Wind" for some reason!

Cheers
Monty