Massive Siletz Steel

J
Johnny Southpaw
Had a most memorable day on the water today:D:D I had a feeling it was going to be a good day last night when I noticed the full moon staring down from above. Looked like a mighty fishy moon. My friend caught three fish, and I caught one, the biggest steelhead (and fish peroid) of my life. My friend hooked a monster chrome hen a little before nine, a very thick and healthy fish. He then caught a nice striped buck about a half hour later. I was getting a little frustrated with no action but continued to fish hard. Fished the very end of a tailout second time around, and FISH ON! Beautiful rainbow colored mega-buck. Brass Blue Fox, #5. A little after 1 pm. My fish gave me the fight of my life, having to traverse deep water to get past a huge root ball in the water, I was lucky to land this fish, and probably wouldn't have if my buddy weren't there to help out...what a day. The fishing gods really shined down on us today:yay::yay: I feel so blessed:pray::pray:

M
mlw
that is a very nice fish.
Michael

B
bigsteel
thats a fish of a lifetime...good job:clap::clap::clap:

Admin
Admin
:clap::clap::clap:

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. That's a PIG! WOO HOO!!!:dance::dance::dance:

M
Mike123
Uhm that's TWO fish of a lifetime! Way to go on some piggies!

M
mgdguy
WOW! :shock: Amazing fish! :clap: :clap: :clap:

S
steelheadstalker31
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::shock::clap::clap::clap::clap:

B
BlackBass
Very nice fish indeed. Congrats on catching some hogs.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Thanks everyone! I'm still riding that initial high from when I first saw that huge tail come out of the water and start the downstream-upstream boogie-woogie! Truly feel like a million bucks

T
Throbbit _Shane
holy obese fish !!! good job Johnny :)

D
Damon79
WOW! them are some huge fish. What a great day on the river for you guys. Stay blessed.

T
Troutier Bassier
I still dont understand how its possible to catch a steelhead in a river like that...

Great Fish!

B
beaverfan
Troutier Bassier said:
I still dont understand how its possible to catch a steelhead in a river like that...

Great Fish!

What do you mean?

A
Anyfishisfine
What a beast!

C
Chedster
What a fish! Nice job!

F
fishwithdynamite
OMG!!! Both of those fish are HUGE! Congrats on a trophy catch.

S
steelhead_stalkers
HOLY CRAP!! :lol:

C
Cohosanders
:clap:Chrome delight and colorful monsters!!!!! You guys seriously slayed some beasts or rather just tamed them...got some killer photos and let 'em do their thing!!!!:clap: The weather and the fish looked spectacular:cool: this year has been amazing and we're only in 2 months. I wonder how the salmon is going to be:think: HOLY SHNIKEYS SOUTHPAW:lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah both of those are some good sized fish! Way to get out and go do it. Nice color on yours.