Lower Clack to Meldrum for Coho?

F
FreshMoneyFisher
It's Sept. 1, so might as well put this out there....

I know the fish have been stacking a jumping for a little bit now in this area, but has anybody had any success targeting one of these silvers?

If so, what are the best tactics for this area....I do have a boat, so bank or boat suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A
Airs98
Stopped by the mouth this morning at 7:30. Didn't see any fish while I was there. Looks like they are late this year :(

F
FishSchooler
Airs98 said:
Stopped by the mouth this morning at 7:30. Didn't see any fish while I was there. Looks like they are late this year :(

They are very early on the Columbia, so there has to be some early fish near the clack.

T
tnffishman
one year ago today i stopped by Bonnie Lure Park to check for some early fish and came home with a nice mint chrome silver, and had lost another.

went up to check two days ago and nothin yet, no friggin water up there... NEED RAIN(this weekend hopefully:pray::pray:)

F
FishFinger
FreshMoney, I am in the same boat, or plan to be. The Double Lu is primed and ready to work some Willy water. I have my wiggle warts and Willy spinners all primed and ready to go. just wonderin' when it's the time to actually go..lol

F
Fishtopher
Quit waitin around Dan and get out there and troll the mouth...

C
CNeal
I've been getting ready for the goin' on the willy too. got a few wiggle warts, a few smaller wobblers ready to go....this will be my first season trolling on the willy tho, so i might be asking (in a week or so) if anyone wants to go out there with me and show me the ropes. i'll also probly have a couple open seats almost every time i go out, so i'll be sure to let people know if they are interested. anyone have a recommendation about what size wart or a fav. spinner for willy coho?

F
FreshMoneyFisher
FF - I feel ya....when to go? Just may have to head out and give it a shot.

CNeal - I need to get some proper schooling myself on the Willie show...technique wise from boat at the mouth of the Clackamas...

H
here2fish
If any of you captains need/want an extra guy around I'd be way stoked and might even pay for your gas. ;) :D

Plus I have all my own gear including all rods and reels necessary to do every kind of boat fishing imaginable.

I dont really have much experience on the Willy but I have caught a bunch of coho from the clac and the sandy and would assume it is similar.

Right now Im on summer break from PSU amd have a tooooooon of free time. So basically anytime anywhere!

ps also have a yota that will tow or shuttle!

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
I am heading to Bend at least through the weekend, when I get back, yes we should consider a flotilla. The Double Lu will fish 3 comfortably..... I just may have spots for a Gilligan or two.

So let it rain later this week and get some fish moving, local like....

H
here2fish
FishFinger said:
I am heading to Bend at least through the weekend, when I get back, yes we should consider a flotilla. The Double Lu will fish 3 comfortably..... I just may have spots for a Gilligan or two.

heck ya skipper! :dance::D

M
Markcanby
Last weekend Ninja an I went out there. While I was waiting for him 6:20 to 6:45 there were a lot jumping just below the ramp. Also talk to a guy putting in that had caught 2 last Thursday. But most important Osmosis says they are there!:D

C
Cracker
Fished Dahl Beach after work, 12:30 to 2:00. Saw several chrome rockets get airborn. Some at the confluence and a few out in the channel.

F
Fishtopher
Sat there for an hour and some change and saw 0 that right 0 jump/roll/leap/slip/slide/get hooked.

O
osmosis
yep I was there too no fish rolling at all, doesn't mean they arent there however- walked down to the bowling alley slot and they said they've seen nothing either and just before I left a guy got a 12-13" native jack.

F
FishOnado
I was there at 7am fished for about an hour. Trying our my new Revo SX (this thing can cast a mile at a cost of occassional birds nest. The mag brake is bit weak I think) Anyhow, I heard fish roll several times just below the boat ramp, But I wasn't sure what it was. But sure wasn't SM bass (which I keep getting on my spinners these days for love God!). I did see however a large dark fish roll right front of me. Think it might of been large Tule? Coho can't be that dark now. And all the steelheads are way way up.

C
CNeal
Here2Fish- I'm a PSU student too, but also working in a high school so i am already in the swing of school. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to go out in the evening sometime next week after the rain passes, i am more than willing. my boat is moored under the sellwood, so it would be cool if i could get a little gas money for the boat, but nothing more than $10 or so. so please, anyone with some experience, come along. should be fun. i have four seats.

Diehard
Diehard
coho at bonnie lure

coho at bonnie lure

i heard through a friend that there is in fact a silver or two or three in the crk. already very reliable src i heard this from dont have any report on how the fishn is would think not very good with the water conditions hope we get some rain can't wait till the rain gets here did i mention every body should do a little rain dance and pray for rain see you guys out there its close very close

K
koboabe
FishFinger said:

how tough do you think it would be to take a toon into the mouth
I am under oar, no trolling motor yet.

K
koboabe
CNeal said:
Here2Fish- I'm a PSU student too, but also working in a high school so i am already in the swing of school. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to go out in the evening sometime next week after the rain passes, i am more than willing. my boat is moored under the sellwood, so it would be cool if i could get a little gas money for the boat, but nothing more than $10 or so. so please, anyone with some experience, come along. should be fun. i have four seats.

I would be down to pay your gas... I don't have a whole lot of experience fishing form a boat, but I wont get in the way too much :p