Lower Clack to Meldrum for Coho?

K
k12580h
coho are up past barton from what I seen.

G
GDBrown
koboabe,
I've got a 12ft drift boat and I'm wondering if there is a short float that can be done on the lower clack just above meldrum bar. Is there a place to take out near the mouth? I don't fish the east side much since I live in Hillsboro, but the boat is new to me and I want closer places to use it. The coastal rivers are fine when the Chinooks are running down there but it is a long way to go.

K
Kodiak
k12580h said:

Suuuurrrreee they are. Don't be getting me all hot and bothered about coho in the rivers....they haven't even started stacking in the mouth and the guys at bowling alley hole haven't started getting much either.

H
here2fish
k12580h said:

yah they were but they spawned and died!;)

N
ninja2010
GDBrown said:
koboabe,
I've got a 12ft drift boat and I'm wondering if there is a short float that can be done on the lower clack just above meldrum bar. Is there a place to take out near the mouth? I don't fish the east side much since I live in Hillsboro, but the boat is new to me and I want closer places to use it. The coastal rivers are fine when the Chinooks are running down there but it is a long way to go.

gd:

you can launch and take out at clackamette park, right at the mouth of the clack. and you can definitely make short drifts from there up and down the lane on the west bank of the willy.

K
k12580h
well I guess more for me then.

M
mgdguy
k12580h said:

Care to give a little more detail? This is the first we've heard of them being that far up.... :think:

G
GDBrown
ninja2010 said:
gd:

you can launch and take out at clackamette park, right at the mouth of the clack. and you can definitely make short drifts from there up and down the lane on the west bank of the willy.

Did I mention that I have no motor so I have to be able to get everywhere by rowing! Is the current slow enough for that after a few rains? I was hoping for someplace upriver to put in and then take out at the mouth.

K
koboabe
Maybe riverside, but I dont think there is another ramp riverside and the mouth.

F
Fishtopher
I fished from Cross Park up to Bonnie Lure this morning and saw 0 Coho. (Few Steelhead).

Talked to the land owner right there by the bridge, and he said he aint seen no fish, nor has he seen any taken out, and very few people fishin there.

He talked with some snorklers, and the snorkies said they saw 0 Coho, a few schools of sucker fish, small steelhead or cutt's, and quite a few BLUEGILL!?

Where's the raindance smiley?

C
Cracker
k12580h said:

I believe you. Every year there seems to be an early bunch of jacks and adults that push through.

H
here2fish
Cracker said:
I believe you. Every year there seems to be an early bunch of jacks and adults that push through.

maybe a lil pilot pod but "the coho" are not up that far

C
Cracker
here2fish said:
maybe a lil pilot pod but "the coho" are not up that far

Ok.

D
dude young
Fishtopher said:
Where's the raindance smiley?

Saturday, the rains come Saturday.

C
Cracker
dude young said:
And then what happens?

C
Cracker
dude young said:
And what happens after that?

B
beaverfan
Stuff gets wet?

H
here2fish
then it gets wetter

B
beaverfan
I'm thinking about doing some trolling from meldrum up to the clackamette on monday. Not sure what to use. Should I use herring or what?