??Lookout Fish OFF??

??Lookout Fish OFF??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M
mosd
Thuggin4Life said:
So sunrise is at 7:03 so I will be at the ramp about 5:30 launching the boat and leaving the ramp at 6:00. Everyone should try to get up there around 5:30 so we can meet and greet and b.s. while launching the boats. Meeting place is Signal Point boat ramp on the north side of the lake about 7 miles up. Gonna fish until 1:00 then everyone will meet up at the ramp take the boats out and head up to the parking lot and have a BBQ. Everyone Brings there own eating utensils and meat. Also bring a community side dish to contribute. I'll will be bringing some chips. Also someone said they would bring a BBQ but I will bring my gas smoker as well. So lets get a list of whos coming and whos bring what.

Me, Bfishing, a buddy, and kiska: my boat, Smoker, Chips (5:30)
Windburt and whoever he brings: his boat
mosd, TTFishon: his boat and some open seats (someone from the forum, and possibly troutdude?)
Eggs: his boat
Brianb1962: his boat with possible open seats
BD2Cool: his boat, soft drinks
Bigsteel?: his boat?
Diggindan: his boat and I think a BBQer
Troutski: his boat?
Throbbit_Shane: his toon
nwkiller?
fish-on-fred: his kyak

everyone coppy and paste the list and add to it and try to say what time you will be ariving

ill be there bout 530ish, ill stay for the bbq. ill bring some pork loin thats been sitting in a baja citrus marinade if someones willing to cook it up

T
Thuggin4Life
Here is the most updated list to date....

Me, Bfishing, a buddy, and kiska: my boat, Smoker, Chips (5:30)
Windburt and whoever he brings: his boat
mosd, TTFishon: his boat and some open seats (5:30)
Eggs: his boat (5:30)
Brianb1962: his boat with possible open seats
BD2Cool: his boat, Hot Dogs,Buns,Chips,Potatoes Salad,Soft Drinks (5:30-6)
Bigsteel?: his boat?
Diggindan: his boat, Coleman BBQer (sometime in the morning)
Troutski: his boat?
Throbbit_Shane: might get his parents boat and show up
nwkiller?
Fish-On Fred, Big Mama: drift boat, something for BBQ, (Time: Don't know yet. Big Mama likes to sleep in...)

This is becoming quite a gathering my original intet was to get the few of us that fish it to all show up on the same day. Hey mosd so far there will be 2 cooking apparatuses to cook up that pork loin. Thanks to all who wanted to make this a big event. Should be a fun day on the water with a good meal at the end. Hopefully the weather co-operates. Remember so far its bring your own meat and try to bring something to pitch in on the feast. And so far its pring your own utensils and plates unless someone ops to bring some paper deals. I'll will dig into my camping gear and see what I can find for back up. Also to update the list copy and paste the most recent list.

Last edited:
E
eggs
is there a campground there?? in order for me to get there at 5:30 i have to leave the house at 2am....

T
Thuggin4Life
There is one a few miles up the road but not sure if its open or the cost I could look into into it for you though. If ya just need a place to crash for the night I have a couch that folds down flat think they consider it a futton but its my couch.

T
TTFishon
eggs said:
is there a campground there?? in order for me to get there at 5:30 i have to leave the house at 2am....

It was closed a month ago. I think it opens when general trout season opens.

T
Thuggin4Life
Here is a picture from google earth of lookout point at a fuller water level. Lake isn't as full now but will be on the rise bfore this event. I marked a the boat ramps on the side of the lake we will be driving up and the area were the camground is(not sure to its exact location. Also I marked were the lake becomes river as of now. Look in the willamette zone Lookout Point section
for details of fishing, water levels, and pictures to help with those who have never been before. And I included a picture of the upper and lower end of lookout at the current water level.

Fishing regs are as follows: 5 trout a day, 2 daily limits in possesion. Only one trout over 20" a day. Salmon less than 24" are considered trout. 5 bass a day, 2 daily limits, only 3 may be over 15". Crappie, Bluegill, Catfish, Walleye have no limit or size limit. Use of bait allowed. Norther pike minnows must be killed and kept or killed and tossed in the water for biological, envirmental, ethical reasons. No stocking occurs so no fin restrictions are in affect.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
E
eggs
i have found zero info on camping around this place.. are these camping spots just pullouts or are they day use lots that look like camp spots??

I might just drive down and sleep in the car at the boat ramp or pull into one of the parks and just setup camp anyway..

T
Thuggin4Life
there are two ramps and a campground on the north side. As you drive up the road along the lake you come to a pull out at the dam and a gated boat ramp parking lot since the ramp is out of the water. Then as you go up farther you come to signal point boat ramp. after you turn in there is a parking lot to the right a staging area for boats and a restroom then there is a long paved ramp that goes way down and is useable all year. Farther up from signal point is a real campground that is most likely gonna be closed until camping season so april-may ish. I'll look into it for you though. On the south side of the lake way up the lake(hyw 58 side) there is a ramp called hampton but it will most likely not be usable and is far from where we are meeting and probably a 20-30 minute drive to get to signal point from there. Farther up and its kinda not the lake but I am sure at full capacity you could drive a boat up to it is a campground off of hyw 58. I bet you could get away with camping over night at the ramp at signal point.

T
Thuggin4Life
Wow I can't find anything on lookout just a few bits and piece of infor and mostly just references. I have the number to the Corp of Army Engineers so I will call them and let you know.

T
Thuggin4Life
So the campground is called Ivan Oakes and its basically open from memorial day until labor day but those aren't exact dates like it open for those weekend and the summer type of deal. $12 a night and $6 for every extra rig and there is a camp host staying there also there are a few sites that with a full lake you could more a boat close enough to you site not not have to worry about it. The entire area is patrolled by the Lane County Sherrifs Office and this time of the year you wouldn't have any problems trying to "camp" overnight. Speccially it being a boat ramp you having a boat and if the did stop you it would only be a few hours before you wanting to launch a boat and could easily talk your way out of it unless you are a donkey about it to the cop. Hope this helps. Also if you need to you could park your boat in my driveway and put your gear in my garage overnight and get up with me in the morning and follow me up.

T
Thuggin4Life
Oh hear is a picture of hampton that I took the other day on my way back from crescent. Can't wait to be able to fish up in that area.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Oh hear is a picture of hampton that I took the other day on my way back from crescent. Can't wait to be able to fish up in that area.

Great pic thats the spot have caught some real nice fish over the years there. Is it open again? hope the waters up by the fish off

E
eggs
Yea I figure I will drive up there and try to sneak into the campground or if it gated I will go to the boat launch park the rig off to the side as much as possible to shield our very small backpacking tent... I fit me and the wife with very little room to spare and only a couple feet high... we would head down there at like 5 getting there like 8... setup and sleep.. iif the coppers come and stop us I will tell them I have no money and was just planning to get an hour or 2 of rest to continue my 'trip'... play dumb and be nice and they will tell you to just move along... thanks for the offer to crash at your pad.. I would for sure but the wife was like..'you want me to stay at someones house you met online and talked to for a couple hours? Maybe next time after we get to know him better'..... she seemed pissed I suggested it lol..

Thanks for all the information and research!

T
TTFishon
eggs said:
Yea I figure I will drive up there and try to sneak into the campground or if it gated I will go to the boat launch park the rig off to the side as much as possible to shield our very small backpacking tent... I fit me and the wife with very little room to spare and only a couple feet high... we would head down there at like 5 getting there like 8... setup and sleep.. iif the coppers come and stop us I will tell them I have no money and was just planning to get an hour or 2 of rest to continue my 'trip'... play dumb and be nice and they will tell you to just move along... thanks for the offer to crash at your pad.. I would for sure but the wife was like..'you want me to stay at someones house you met online and talked to for a couple hours? Maybe next time after we get to know him better'..... she seemed pissed I suggested it lol..

The gate at the campground was closed a month ago. I don't think you will have a problem sleeping at the ramp parking. BTW, Thuggin's cool. I'm sure it's safe to hang at his house.

B
bd2cool
HAMPTON LANDING is at 911 feet and the lake is at 839 feet. We might get lucky!

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah if we do I think we will keep the same starting location and I'll just motor up there. you could launch up there and come down to signal for the BBQ if that works better for you. Sure looks fishy up at that end And last summer we used the ramp at the dam when the lake was ful and never even made it up to signal trolling but that was with a 6hp now the 15hp can get me anywhere in a hurry.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah I know how it is my other half is always worried when I go out for the first time with people from the forum. She just doesn't understand. The couch bed is a bit small for 2 anyways. you could just drive down the ramp if its been dry and camp on a flat spot. the ramp has a few pull outs/turn arounds for lower water conditions you could pull out and camp at and be ready in the morning.

H
Hawk
eggs said:

Perhaps, Bro & Sis, bring some hand warmers/feet warmers. It's CCold at night this time of year. Or a small Catalytic Heater... Be Careful with them though. Make sure you have Ventilation & Not Close to Flammable Fabric.

Take Care & Have FUNS...:D:D:D

Where i live we make fires at the mountain lakes to keep warm. We are Careful.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah its conna be cold. Also I wouldn't leave any gear in the boat just in case. you never know. and I don't leave the house without at least the baseball bat. you just never know. other than the cold you should be fine.

H
Hawk
Thuggin4Life said:
Yeah its conna be cold. Also I wouldn't leave any gear in the boat just in case. you never know. and I don't leave the house without at least the baseball bat. you just never know. other than the cold you should be fine.

We would get up in the mornin' to get on the boat when it was frosty.

We wore socks on our hands to use the reel handle.

heehee

:lol::lol::lol: