??Lookout Fish OFF??

??Lookout Fish OFF??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B
bigsteel
im trying to get the old man to let me use the boat,,we finally got new seats in there,,,is a 9.9hp johnson good for lookout,,,,,if not ill bank it....ive never got to fish here

T
Thuggin4Life
I have a 12' valco with a 9.9 merc and before the 9.9 I ran a 6. And tomorrow I am getting a 15 merc. You should be fine.

T
Thuggin4Life
Any one with an extra seat should post it here. I am unsure as to my situation but I do have a sevlor inflatable kyak raft thing with kyak paddles that go together or come apart. And a pump. Someone could use it I haven't used it in a few years and it didn't leak last time i used it. fit 2 put is better solo. Just needs a whistle and a life jacket. Had it out on dorena and fall creek.

B
bigsteel
as soon as he gives the go ahead i will an open seat or two

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Any one with an extra seat should post it here. I am unsure as to my situation but I do have a sevlor inflatable kyak raft thing with kyak paddles that go together or come apart. And a pump. Someone could use it I haven't used it in a few years and it didn't leak last time i used it. fit 2 put is better solo. Just needs a whistle and a life jacket. Had it out on dorena and fall creek.

I have spare life jackets if needed.

E
eggs
I will be there! I will drag the wife along.. we might be able to fit another body in the boat.. should have the 50lbs thrust electric and 2 batteries... 10' clackacraft don hill drifter... I will just have to make a mounting bracket for the motor...

What size fish are we after? Trout rods or steelhead rods?

T
Thuggin4Life
Just trout and landlocked chinook. But there are also bass crappie and a rare waleye. Figured we would just be out trolling for trout. there are some big ones in there though my fish finder told me so.

E
eggs
I hooked a 4lbs rainbow on my ultalight ugly.. would that work?

T
Thuggin4Life
Oh yeah unless you plan on trolinging big gear like flashers.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
I will for sure. Hopefully I can get some more locals to show up. Where is Troutski? Bd2Cool? GrandpaRon? xltom? ladyofthelake? Stealheadstalkers(31)? Gee-nuh Jigs? The other locals with boats? We should all get together and have a day on the water. Maybe fall creek will fill up enough to launch a boat soon?

Gee-Nuh jigs hasn't had internet and has been too busy at work to slack off on here lol. I'm super busy these days, not sure I'll be able to do this thing or not. No motor on the boat, and it's basically a sailboat in wind, so, not sure about that. I'm pretty focused on winter steel right now while I'm still able to fish. Next month I doubt I'll be able to get out on the water much because of stuff at home. I'll keep you posted Andy.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats cool. Ever call that guy about those anchors? Find one yet? Take your dad out and use his boat. You guys can test drive one of my many motors.

T
TTFishon
I was thinking she could use my motor too if she wants.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Thats cool. Ever call that guy about those anchors? Find one yet? Take your dad out and use his boat. You guys can test drive one of my many motors.

Nope I was gonna send ya a message but then didn't have internet and then yesterday my phone went in the river because I've got mad coordination skills. I got a 30 pound anchor that I've cut down to 25, got it for free from a guy in sweet home. Thanks for lookin' for one for me though! Not sure about my dad...the boat...still sits where you saw it, he hasn't done a thing with it since the last time we went out for Coho on Siltcoos, and that was veteran's day....ya...He won't let me touch it, but he won't take it out anywhere. He hasn't even got his license, and i gave him a gift card to get one...but he's got a lot on his plate, so I don't really even want to ask him. As far as my boat goes, the state marine board hasn't responded to my request for information on registering my boat without a title. Have to get it registered before I can put a motor on it. It's getting frustrating. So if anyone knows anything about how to go about getting a boat registered that has never been titled...would be great to find out how to go about.

T
Thuggin4Life
I talked to my guy at clemens when I seen him at the boat show. Said you have to get a history report from them and then submit it to the marine board. Stop by and talk to them. The parts guys are the best help. One older guy and the kid neil but he has been helping out in portland so don't know if he will be there but he's who I talked to. i think the history report basical proves its homemade and water safe. I can't remember but I think he said something about a coastguard thing about getting capacities as well not sure though.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah thanks, I know it needs the coastguard capacity sticker on it and it has none...so...i'll just head over there sometime and talk to them, I have thursday off so i might go down there...it's a really long drive though...a mile down the road.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah its really far so I understand why you would put it off for so long. Sounded like a process but in the end you can run a motor. Couldn't get a quote for ya though.

E
eggs
Picked up my minn kota 40lbs trust today which should push the 120lbs boat pretty good.. just need a battery now and I will be set for this event!

T
Thuggin4Life
walmart has deep cycle marine batteries for cheap. Got mine for like $65 with an old battery I save just for when I need to get another when my buddy left it in my garage for me to toss. Used the fish finder a good 20 times and haven't charged it yet.

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
Nope I was gonna send ya a message but then didn't have internet and then yesterday my phone went in the river because I've got mad coordination skills. I got a 30 pound anchor that I've cut down to 25, got it for free from a guy in sweet home. Thanks for lookin' for one for me though! Not sure about my dad...the boat...still sits where you saw it, he hasn't done a thing with it since the last time we went out for Coho on Siltcoos, and that was veteran's day....ya...He won't let me touch it, but he won't take it out anywhere. He hasn't even got his license, and i gave him a gift card to get one...but he's got a lot on his plate, so I don't really even want to ask him. As far as my boat goes, the state marine board hasn't responded to my request for information on registering my boat without a title. Have to get it registered before I can put a motor on it. It's getting frustrating. So if anyone knows anything about how to go about getting a boat registered that has never been titled...would be great to find out how to go about.

I heard you would need a "Bill of Sale" from the previous owner, stating a little something about why the boat doesn't have a title...

:)

J
JeannaJigs
I have a bill of sale stating his father built it and it has never been titled, so, I'm hoping that's sufficient. I will find out this week :) Then I might be able to make it out to this event, maybe, not sure, depends on how my mom is doing.